Binge: 0
  • Jucinator
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the group but I'm in!

As of August 4
    Me: 3
    Binge: 1

Yesterday I had a mini-binge, not even comparable to those I used to do earlier - but it still was a binge. 3 pancakes. I didn't eat much that day because I didn't really have the time, so maybe it didn't do much of a harm, but I want to eliminate everthing that's bad for me. My bloodwork gives a quite great motivation - it shows that I REALLY have to pull myself together if I want to get healthy!
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As of August 4

Me: 2

Was super busy today, lots of physical activity so not much down time to wander aimlessly in the kitchen thinking of food.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 4, 2012

me: 3
    binge: 1

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.

Daughter's first birthday today. Food felt good today even though I did have cake.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    As of Aug. 3rd:
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    me ; 3
    binge ; 1
    purge ; 0

i know this is a binging group, but i'm holding myself accountable for purging as well. and will be updating it in here. hope y'all don't mind.
    good job for not binging, you guys!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    August 4, 2012

beatrixia: 2
    binge: 2 (8/1, 8/3)

~beatrixia
  • eddie8131
    Options
    As of 8/4:
    Me: 4

Can hardly believe it.
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read about this the other day, but then came down with tonsillitis so haven't really felt like posting - just trying to get some rest! Anyway, this is a marvellous tool so I'm in. Before joining MFP two months ago I used to binge every 4 days. I'm now down to around every 7-8, but am determined to improve. Any fellow binge-conquerors (think positive!!) can add me as a friend but please post a brief comment with your friend request as I can never keep track of who I've spoken to/read in topic forums!!

Me: 5
    Binge chimp*: 0

*I've just been reading 'The Chimp Paradox' - psychology book about getting the better of your impusive behaviour, i.e, the chimp in us all - very good!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 4
    The Binge: 0
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As of August 4

And Diane...way to go, you have a great start on the month of August!!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ^You're doing well, kayakinggrrl...definitely a strong positive trend for you. :)

August 5, 2012

beatrixia: 2
    binge: 3 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5)

Hmm...I see a pattern here.

**Have a great week, everyone! :)

~beatrix
  • meesapanda89
    Options
    This is my first post in the thread, but I will post for all of August so far.

The Binge: 2

I'm using "binge" loosely here - my daily intake hasn't exceeded 3000 and my daily burns are generally between 2300 and 2900 because of work (I'm a waitress and live in NYC) - but it's the mindset that makes them binges. So, I'm not doing too well so far. But tomorrow is a new day.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 5, 2012

Me: 2
    Binge: 3 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 5, 2012

me: 4
    binge: 1

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Finally got back on track yesterday. Friday was not too bad but still binging and Saturday did not have control at a party that evening but still all in all not the worst. I did have some control at times.

Have a good week everyone!!

As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days

Me - 1
    The Binge - 4 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4)

“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Binge: 1 (8/4)

.......and I was doing so well. Saturday, I had a baby shower to go to where there was food (nachos), cookies, and cake. I did pretty good there and did not have a bite of cookies and cake, BUT the shower was in the same city as my bf's gig (he plays in a band), so I decided to go see him play where there was an abundance of alcohol (byob) and food. I had a couple of drinks and then just ate, and ate, and ate :( . I went over my cal. count by almost 1300 cals and was so upset at my self yesterday, but like ya'll always say: Learn from the binges and move on.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 5
    The Binge: 0

The last 3 days are a perfect example of how this thread AND logging all food is really helping me. I had 3 fairly high calorie counts (I like to stay closer to 2000) each day due to eating out & dense caloric items. BUT I did not binge. My behavior with the food this weekend was what I paid close attention to and not how I felt about the food itself (other than enjoying its deliciousness). I did not allow myself to feel bad about the food I did eat even though it wasn't very healthy. I paid attention to my hunger. Fri night I went out to dinner which is usually a trigger for me - but I did well. I avoided empty calories by drinking water, I ordered exactly what I wanted and enjoyed every bite, I didn't order dessert, I didn't stop anywhere afterwards for dessert, and I didn't binge when I got home.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Good job Diane!! That is exactly what is recommended by most professionals for binge eaters. It is defintiely what Geneen Roth is recommending in the book I am listening to by her. Actually I feel that this could be why it has taken me a few days to get back off binge spree.
  • eddie8131
    Options
    As of 8/5:

Getting nervous now about relapsing. Really questioning every little craving and asking whether it is truly hunger.