Replies

• danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 11, 2012

me: 7
    binge: 4

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.

Aug 9 small binge. I could feel it all day. I finally gave in when I was cleaning up and heating supper for my husband at 9pm

Aug 10 ate a full pack of my daughter's cookies that I don't even like while writing my cover letters for 2 jobs

Aug 11 kids were nuts
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 4
    The Binge - 7 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9)

“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 11, 2012
    Goal: to binge no more than 8 days.

Me: 8
    Binge: 3 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4)

I'm not counting last night as a binge because I wasn't in that mindset. We went to a cookout and there was just food everywhere. It was more of an overeating/making bad choices kind of deal. I sort of feel like I should log it as a binge because I was so far over my calories.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 11
    The Binge: 0
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    The Binge: 2

So stressed yesterday (darling autistic son had a bit of a bad day while I was struggling with time of the month and enormously crowded places (I hate crowds!) but it actually didn't even cross my mind to binge. Perhaps the bloated stomach helped! :smile:

Come on people, we can do this!!!

xxx
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 12, 2012

me: 7
    binge: 5

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.

Aug 9 small binge. I could feel it all day. I finally gave in when I was cleaning up and heating supper for my husband at 9pm

Aug 10 ate a full pack of my daughter's cookies that I don't even like while writing my cover letters for 2 jobs

Aug 11 kids were nuts

Aug 12 kids were nuts

I'm going back to tracking. I eat to maintain without tracking so I need to keep tracking to lose!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    August 12, 2012

beatrixia: 8
    binge: 4 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/9)

I'd like to thank everyone for continuing to post, both your daily ups and downs. You encourage me to stay honest and open, too. :)

Hope you all have a good week.
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    As of August 12, 2012

Me: 9

I didn't log all of my food yesterday but there was no binge. :smile: Keep going strong!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me-10
    Binge-2 (8/6 and 8/10)

I am reading the book Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat and it makes so much sense to me!! I have been so over-focued on a number on the scale, dietary restrictions, weighing and measuring food, logging and counting calories and I am driving myself crazy. I haven't been able to lose these 10 pounds, since Jan just up and down a few pounds then back up and down. I am trying this week to eat intuitively and really listen to my body and not log or count calories. Eating good whole foods and letting myself know I am IN CHARGE. And if I am standing in front of the fridge or pantry and not really hungry to listen to my body instead of putting food in my mouth b/c I keep thinking I am craving something when that is not it at all! YEsterday was the first day I did that and I must say I had a great eating day and feeling really good.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I Did It! I was so nervous because I was going to a birthday get together and knew there'd be lots of food and alcohol. I had two drinks (rum and diet coke) and 2 beef kabobs. I ate all the veggies and gave most of the beef to my sis. I guess it helped that the birthday boy is also trying to lose weight, so there was diet friendly food available. But anyways, I did not binge!!

Me: 12
    Binge: 1 (8/4)

:happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    August 2012

The Binge: 1
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 13, 2012

me: 8
    binge: 5

binges

Aug 11 kids were nuts

Aug 12 kids were nuts
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I Did It! I was so nervous because I was going to a birthday get together and knew there'd be lots of food and alcohol. I had two drinks (rum and diet coke) and 2 beef kabobs. I ate all the veggies and gave most of the beef to my sis. I guess it helped that the birthday boy is also trying to lose weight, so there was diet friendly food available. But anyways, I did not binge!!

Me: 12
    Binge: 1 (8/4)

:happy:
    Awesome!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 6
    The Binge - 7 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9)
  • anorangie
    Options
    Me-10
    Binge-2 (8/6 and 8/10)

I am reading the book Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat and it makes so much sense to me!! I have been so over-focued on a number on the scale, dietary restrictions, weighing and measuring food, logging and counting calories and I am driving myself crazy. I haven't been able to lose these 10 pounds, since Jan just up and down a few pounds then back up and down. I am trying this week to eat intuitively and really listen to my body and not log or count calories. Eating good whole foods and letting myself know I am IN CHARGE. And if I am standing in front of the fridge or pantry and not really hungry to listen to my body instead of putting food in my mouth b/c I keep thinking I am craving something when that is not it at all! YEsterday was the first day I did that and I must say I had a great eating day and feeling really good.

@eschorre:
    I'm glad you found a book that makes sense to you and is helping. I think I need to take a change my focus, too. I have tunnel vision with numbers lately, and it's really tripping me up...even leading to some self-sabotage, it seems. (My goal this week is not to weigh myself until Saturday.)

Congrats on your great eating day. :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    August 13, 2012

beatrixia: 8
    binge: 5 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/9, 8/13)

I stayed within my calorie goal today but had a post-midnight binge session, so today counts as a binge day.
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    As of August 13, 2012

Me: 10

I feel the need to log a binge whenever I go over my calories. I feel like I'm cheating myself somehow. I was over yesterday but I wasn't in the binge mindset. I got home from work around 7 and started dinner. I was super hungry but only ate a piece of string cheese. Usually, I'll eat something small and that will set off a binge; by the time dinner is ready, I've eaten 1000 calories. I didn't do that last night. My fiance ordered pizza (I started dinner before he told me) so I ate that instead of what I made. I ate a lot but it wasn't the absent-minded-random-food-shoveling that I do during a binge.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    August 2012

The Binge: 2
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I'd like to thank everyone for continuing to post, both your daily ups and downs. You encourage me to stay honest and open, too. :)

I 2nd this, it is helping me too! :flowerforyou:
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    As of today 8/14:
    Me: 8
    Binge: 4 (up to and including today 8/14)

My do I have a very strong need for pleasure and comfort. Coupled with a larger than average mistrust of people and shyness, makes food so perfect for me. I really need to find a different way.