August Challenge - The Binge vs Me

Options

Replies

• eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me 11
    Binge 3

Not a good day today. I was in such a good place mentally for a few days. I think I am going back to logging b/c I had this though today of "who cares no one will know" and I need to be held accountable for!
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    "who cares no one will know"

That is killer for me. I'm a secret eater, big time. And that is part of the thought process. I don't have to feel the shame if no one else knows. I'm keeping my diary open for precisely that reason. If I eat it, I log it, no matter how painful it is to see it, and to know others will see it.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Not a good day today. I was in such a good place mentally for a few days. I think I am going back to logging b/c I had this though today of "who cares no one will know" and I need to be held accountable for!

Me too. I tried to go with no tracking because I felt like it was making me neurotic and trigger a binge when I went over. Tracking at least helps me lose my binge weight!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Good to see everyone checking in regularly. My weekend was great and very busy so I did not have time to be alone and binge. Have a good week!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'd like to thank everyone for continuing to post, both your daily ups and downs. You encourage me to stay honest and open, too. :)

I 2nd this, it is helping me too! :flowerforyou:
    Ditto!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 13, 2012

me: 8
    binge: 5

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.

Aug 9 small binge. I could feel it all day. I finally gave in when I was cleaning up and heating supper for my husband at 9pm

Aug 10 ate a full pack of my daughter's cookies that I don't even like while writing my cover letters for 2 jobs

Aug 11 kids were nuts

Aug 12 kids were nuts
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 14, 2012
    Goal: to binge no more than 8 days.

Me: 11
    Binge: 3 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    As of today 8/14:
    Me: 8
    Binge: 4 (up to and including today 8/14)

My do I have a very strong need for pleasure and comfort. Coupled with a larger than average mistrust of people and shyness, makes food so perfect for me. I really need to find a different way.

I know what you mean about finding a different way. I checked out 5 binge-eating recovery books (5!) from the library today for just this reason. I'm hoping to glean new ways of thinking about and being around food. (And at some point, I'll probably need to learn to "sit with" uncomfortable feelings for awhile before turning to food. Easier said than done, but possible with practice I think.)

Hope you have a good rest of the week. :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    August 14, 2012

beatrixia: 9
    binge: 5 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/9, 8/13)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 12
    The Binge: 2
  • camiah
    Options
    August 2012

Becca: 14
    Binge: 1

Things are going well, I had a couple of small overeating hiccups that my psychologist assured me weren't binges. More impulse control failures. Things are going well!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 14, 2012

me: 9
    binge: 5

binges
    Aug 1 mainly Oreos and home made bread. related to stress from crazy kids/lack of sleep due to kids and screwing up a job application deadline.

Aug 9 small binge. I could feel it all day. I finally gave in when I was cleaning up and heating supper for my husband at 9pm

Aug 10 ate a full pack of my daughter's cookies that I don't even like while writing my cover letters for 2 jobs

Aug 11 kids were nuts

Aug 12 kids were nuts
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    August 2012

Becca: 14
    Binge: 1

Things are going well, I had a couple of small overeating hiccups that my psychologist assured me weren't binges. More impulse control failures. Things are going well!
    It is good to be able to tell the difference between a binge and impulse overeating for sure. All uncontrolled eating is not considered a binge. Sometimes I know what I count as a binge is not really a binge. Even in eating disorder program I was in last year they were sure to tell us that binges depend on where you are at in recovery. So sometimes for me if I know I am having a uncontrolled eating episode for less than 2 hours I will count it as a binge.

So in conclusion we need to make sure we know what a binge is for us as individuals and where we are at as far as recovery :ohwell:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I had another binge yesterday but I feel much better today and incontrol. I have been doing a lot of self talk today and that has been helpful. Now that I have exceeded 7 days fo binges my new goal is to just to beat the binge. :wink: I am going to leave goal at 7 because I am leaving that number until I succeed at it.:happy:

As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 6
    The Binge - 8 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9, 8/14)
  • camiah
    Options

It is good to be able to tell the difference between a binge and impulse overeating for sure. All uncontrolled eating is not considered a binge. Sometimes I know what I count as a binge is not really a binge. Even in eating disorder program I was in last year they were sure to tell us that binges depend on where you are at in recovery. So sometimes for me if I know I am having a uncontrolled eating episode for less than 2 hours I will count it as a binge.

So in conclusion we need to make sure we know what a binge is for us as individuals and where we are at as far as recovery :ohwell:

I've struggled a lot with what it means to binge vs. overeating caused by impulsiveness. The more I critically examine my behavior, the more I see that I do binge occasionally, but most of what I considered binges were more like impulse control failures. They never spiraled out of control, the way a binge does. Understanding the monster we're battling is important, that is for sure.
  • anorangie
    Options
    August 15, 2012

beatrixia: 10
    binge: 5 (8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/9, 8/13)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of August 15, 2012
    Goal: to binge no more than 8 days.

Me: 11
    Binge: 4 (8/2; 8/3; 8/4; 8/15)

I'm logging yesterday as a binge because I'm getting sick of my crap. I made a point to not go to the gym, get a bunch of fast food, and then watched a tv show about overcoming addiction while feeding mine. I really wish there was a control switch in my head that I could just turn off. I wish that I was addicted to something that wasn't vital for survival. I'm feeling gross and unhappy right now for no reason. I'm bored with myself and need a change but I don't know what to do.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2012

Diane : 13
    The Binge: 2
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Now that I have exceeded 7 days fo binges my new goal is to just to beat the binge. :wink: I am going to leave goal at 7 because I am leaving that number until I succeed at it.:happy:

As of August 1, 2012: - Goal not to binge more than 7 days.

Me - 7
    The Binge - 8 (8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9, 8/14)
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me-12
    Binge-4

Boo:( Was so good until 3:30 and I ate and ate and ate.