Tell Us About Your Big Success This Week

Options
I find that doing Pole is quite a roller coaster ride. One week you can't do a thing right and you leave class downhearted, then suddenly out of nowhere you can't do a thing wrong.

So I started this thread with the idea that every week someone in this community will have a success story that they want to share.

For me - as crazy as this might seem - after 2 months of pole I finally managed to do a firelady spin.

I can do other stuff, some of it first time, but this move has been my nemesis. I couldn't get it. Each week I'd hang on the pole like a slug going nowhere. Suddenly last night I'm spinning like I'm never going to stop and I'm totally in control of the move.

Got a big round of applause from the class and instructors ... I think they may be more pleased that I was, because they were running out of ideas on how to help me LOL!

Mavis

Replies

• lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats to you for that, it's great when you have success like that as itencourages you in the other thigns you have trouble with!

I haven't had a success story this week as my class is tonight, but even then I doubt I'll have a success story!

If I do, I'll definitely post it here! :)
  • faeofthedark
    faeofthedark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Before I managed to lose the ability to do anything last night I managed Butterfly.... coming out of it however is another story....
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hurrah for achievements!!! :D

On Tuesday I managed to pay back the lovely lady from my pole class who rescued me and the car from a hedge a few weeks back, through the meduim of hugs and muffins. am taking this as an achievement!

Also, managed to deadlift a shouder mount. pretty chuffed - as I'm 90% legs this is not easy! :D
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Glad you ladies posted up your success stories - keep them coming.

Mavis
  • lori_en
    Options
    Was surprised at what a good pole lesson I had last night, considering I've never had a pole class on a Monday and in the winter I'm usually a lot more sluggish...

I managed to achieve a great Mantis move first time round and I can really feel my split grip butterfly getting a lot stronger... shouldn't be too long before I can do the extended butterfly! :D

I think it helped me to have a good lesson though because I was in a class with a different bunch of girls... the other girls were nice enough, but deep down you could tell it was all a competition to them and they would be so smug that they could get something first time when I couldn't... that and they were all stick thin which made me feel like a heifer in comparison! :/
    At least this class the girls were all real women, with all natural lumps and bumps that made me feel a lot better about jumping around in my short shorts and were nice and supportive with each other! :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is a great achievement!! And to finally feel good in your own skin in class instead of having to be self concious the whole time is wonderful!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    maqnagbed a shaky extended butterfly on Monday! woo hoo! first time i've managed to push away from the pole and hold it!
    am very happy.

now onto the angel(gemini) with out pinching the tendons at the back of my knee
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    maqnagbed a shaky extended butterfly on Monday! woo hoo! first time i've managed to push away from the pole and hold it!
    am very happy.

now onto the angel(gemini) with out pinching the tendons at the back of my knee

Well done that woman ... butterflying (shaky or not) is a big step forward ... or should I say a big invert forward
  • lacewitch
    Options
    thanks!
    next step ( tomorrow)
    sleeping beauty and cupid!
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm getting much faster at climbing, even if my legs look like they were beaten by a tiny boxer.
  • lacewitch
    Options
    I'm getting much faster at climbing, even if my legs look like they were beaten by a tiny boxer.
    congratulations!
  • lori_en
    Options

That's great! Keep it up!

I remember how hard it was building up the strength for climbing, and now it's a breeze!

And remember to wear those bruises like badges of honor! ;)
  • LucilleHighball
    Options
    I did spinning pole for the first time this week, and I am in love!!
  • LucilleHighball
    Options

That's great! Keep it up!

I remember how hard it was building up the strength for climbing, and now it's a breeze!

And remember to wear those bruises like badges of honor! ;)

I wear skirts all the time! I feel tough with my black and blues!
  • lacewitch
    Options
    i did a shoulder mount! :) (on both sides!!!)
    does happy dance
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    407751_10152241054835058_638931581_n.jpg

So far I havent been able to pull myself back up after I get in this move. Gotta work more on my ab strength. Fell on my shoulders a couple times. I need to try to get the pole more in my knee, I tend to hold it a bit on my calf. But this is my newest success :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats, I'm nowhere near that yet.
  • faeofthedark
    faeofthedark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Up and down this week. Joined the performance group at the studio, quite terrifying but think it will give mecmotivation to push a bit more and when i get over the nerves boost my confidence. Seem to be having grip issues again slipping a lot, more sweaty palms from nerves maybe. Managed my cartwheel for first time this week, but lost my shoulder mount and matrix, funny how things go sometimes. Generally lost courage on cross knee back drop after my fall the other week cant bring my self to straighten both legs and pull one forward grrr
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started pole dancing about 2 months ago and i had real trouble doing the chair move! I just couldnt seem to hold myself with one arm. On Thursday i managed to do it perfectly and i was so proud of myself. Just shows that you need to keep trying and dont give up :-)

Getting stronger and loving it!!
  • lacewitch
    Options
    looks like it has been a great week for all with cross leg releases, cartwheels and chairs

I am very pleased with myself as i did a little performance on Saturday and it went well.