Tell Us About Your Big Success This Week

Options

Replies

• Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Looks like you could get into it from a scorpio.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I really like her shoes in the pic too .. anyone see those on any site before? :)
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really like her shoes in the pic too .. anyone see those on any site before? :)

Those shoes are customized. Here is a good tutorial (though I would recommend taping off the parts you don't want the glitter on and I heard mod podge is a great glue) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjwyyaAxKz8 and definitely spray a sealant on afterwards.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Love the picture, love the shoes. I agree it looks like you could get in to that pose from a basic invert (what my studio calls "Snake"). I may have to try it this weekend if I am over this nasty cold.

My big success for this past week was getting into and out of my figure 4 layout (http://poledancedictionary.com/moves/143/lean-back/) without help. This was particularly exciting for me as that's how I hurt my back at the beginning of December and I've been nervous about it ever since! :bigsmile:
  • IronKitty
    Options
    Just figured out who the poler is in the shot, its Sergia Louise Anderson. Not sure if that helps anyone!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options

I always though this was a great pose d168a3f71274d0973b36640077835f47.jpg

ohhh
    i want to do that. do you know what it is called so i can watch a video and see how to get into it.

thanks so much!

some one just got a pic done in this pose or one very similar
    581779_10152645334695416_552936256_n.jpg but i'll get one!
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I finally climbed to the top of the pole!!! Victory is mine!
  • IronKitty
    Options
    I finally climbed to the top of the pole!!! Victory is mine!
    WooHoo!!!
    CONGRATS! Only more great things to come!
  • lacewitch
    Options
    i got my picki from leen isabel!
    ?ui=2&ik=13bb16ec92&view=att&th=13d7c4e7c6646e15&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hefaaa520&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9bfbnEsyPUCijkLntP_3ul&sadet=1363596409812&sads=exNwLVvtmdwsUyQkxwwAs4jqh6o
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am super super proud of myself this week as I finally managed to get my shoulder mount nailed!!! :happy:

My collar bone is realy really hating me at the moment ut I don't care, I'm too pleased with myself! :glasses:
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Last pole session I had, it was humid out so I had a really nice sticky pole which is a rarity. I was able to nail the caterpillar climb one-handed. Also finally achieved the flattest jade split I've ever done.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    my success this week was getting back to pole after a 4 month hiatus after I broke my wrist! Back at beginner to get strength up (and boy oh boy am I SORE!) but I can't wait to go back full time!
  • carissar7
    Options
    Nailed the twisted ballerina this week!!
  • IronKitty
    Options
    my success this week was getting back to pole after a 4 month hiatus after I broke my wrist! Back at beginner to get strength up (and boy oh boy am I SORE!) but I can't wait to go back full time!

CONGRATS!!! Take it easy on your wrist <3
  • IronKitty
    Options
    Nailed the twisted ballerina this week!!

YAY! Congrats! thats killer on the back =D
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    What is the twisted ballerina? I haven't been able to find any info on it, but it sounds painful!

I did an Arch Angel/Butterfly for the first time yesterday. :smile:
  • carissar7
    Options
    What is the twisted ballerina? I haven't been able to find any info on it, but it sounds painful!

I did an Arch Angel/Butterfly for the first time yesterday. :smile:

This is the twisted ballerina....and this is me the other day lol
    34osyet.jpg
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Amazing! I think I know that one as the "Fish Hook" and I can't do it yet. Congratulations!
  • carissar7
    Options
    Thank you! I couldn't reach my foot for the longest time and stopped trying, but came back to it the other day. You really have to arch your back and push from your chest in order to grab that foot.
  • lacewitch
    Options
    still no handspring - it is becoming my NEMESIS!!!

but
    i brass monkeyed ( from cross ankle release, shoulder mount and kicking up from floor)
    just need to remember to point toes now!

woo hoo.

also
    I did the Titanic! so happy - hands off for about 5 seconds but I'll take it!