Tell Us About Your Big Success This Week

Options

Replies

• bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I haven't been poling in awhile, but I started weight lifting and am getting eager to return to pole stronger!!! I might just try some tonight!!
  • laurajosie
    laurajosie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got the Peter Pan and Tinkerbell spins this week! I had been completely unable to do them for two months (not sure why) and then out of the blue I could do them just fine this week (hadn't even practiced them for 3 weeks or so)!
  • Olguitta
    Options
    Just came back from training... Almost succed in human flag! :):):)
  • MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I managed to get into both boomerang and carousel hold! My arms are killing me, my form was rubbish and I couldn't hold either for the life of me - but I got into both!

Now to keep strengthening my arms and abs until next class
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I got the Peter Pan and Tinkerbell spins this week! I had been completely unable to do them for two months (not sure why) and then out of the blue I could do them just fine this week (hadn't even practiced them for 3 weeks or so)!

Peter Pan and Tinkerbell? Finally some names I recognize! Are you an S Factor girl, too? I have such a hard time translating to and from the lingo we use! I'm constantly on poledancedictionary.com! :laugh:

ETA: I've never had much use for the Peter Pan spin, but I love a good Tinkerbell in to Flying Body Spiral - so graceful!
  • MsMischief
    Options
    I did the corkscrew spin! Letting one hand go mid-spin is terrifying, but this is the coolest thing I've learnt so far
  • LuvPoleFitness
    LuvPoleFitness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I managed "Knees" on my first attempt, I was well chuffed with myself. It made the swollen knee and huge bruises totally worth it lol x
  • MsMischief
    Options
    I did the invert! I can invert now! I can even take my hands off. :D
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I got my hands-free inside leg hang tonight without a spotter. I only held it a few seconds and it hurt like @#$%, but I did it! :bigsmile:
  • laurajosie
    laurajosie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    YAY! I just got my invert last night, and it's still not very pretty. I was really having trouble, I think 6 weeks off (injury and then vacation) made me lose a lot of strength. Next session I have advanced pole troubleshooters and pole level 6 back-to-back...and intro to aerial hoop (refresher because I can't take the non-intro class as it is the same time as pole) right before. That will be fun! :P
  • faeofthedark
    faeofthedark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First attempt at dangerous Brian tonight and I didn't land on my head, I'm happy with that:)
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    I succeeded in two short pole sessions this week after a long absence. :-) Good enough for me...even though it's going to be so frustrating getting back to where I was (which wasn't very far along!). For the sake of bridesmaid dresses...(and my own health and happiness of course =P)
  • MsMischief
    Options
    I've got flatliner and almost scorpio! My butterfly is apparently very close too, I just need to keep practising. I've bought tite grip (due this week) but my x-pole probably won't arrive until after easter. So many bruises!
  • kati_nicole
    kati_nicole Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The other day I pulled myself up into a sit from a handstand :)
    had to have help with the handstand part, but my abs have never been that strong!

I'm also getting more fluid with climbing and can now move both my feet up the pole at a time, instead of one and then the other

I just started pole a couple months ago, so i'm still very new, but i'm totally in love and my first showcase is mid-may. Wish me luck! :)<3
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    after about 2 years got my true grip hand spring. - gotto point those toes!
    photo.php?v=10151981049197805&l=1554727436361430158

also something meathooky

and my scottish spin/ extended fireman split spin

great day
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I did a Cobra Dive for the first time yesterday :-) I didn't even think about it, I was just dancing freestyle at the end of class and next thing I knew I was doing a handstand out of it :-)
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    407751_10152241054835058_638931581_n.jpg

So far I havent been able to pull myself back up after I get in this move. Gotta work more on my ab strength. Fell on my shoulders a couple times. I need to try to get the pole more in my knee, I tend to hold it a bit on my calf. But this is my newest success :)

I finally go this move tonight!! I wasn't able to handstand out of it, instead I pulled myself back up, but I was soooo excited to finally get it -- I've been trying for a few months, but I had a mental block keeping me from doing it.
  • telepneff
    telepneff Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class last night. I suppose my success is signing up for 6 months
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class last night. I suppose my success is signing up for 6 months
    yey! another addict!
    :) Enjoy

My sucess: sending off my beginner pole teaching certification - starting intermediate now! :)
  • telepneff
    telepneff Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a very big deal but I did my first pole sit last night and managed to let go a few times!