Accountability - work out log

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today was Back and Bicepts for me. I bought heavier weights and used those so im really sore but in a good way.
    @mets86champs, so sorry to hear that you guys are still without power. Hope you get your services restored soon and are up and running again. Can't imagine what I would do for 10 days without electricity. :ohwell:
  • mets86champs
    mets86champs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaaack

We got full power back about 4:00 today. Did my first workout in 10 days. It was tough. reps were not what they were last time (week 7) for back Bicep Tricep and ab ripper. Started out strong but couldn't match the reps from the last time I did it. Was able to complete Ab Ripper, but it was much harder to do with the time off.

Tomorrow will be the real test for me. My first weigh in since 10/28, and plyometrics. I had some bad food days as not much was open or available, but I also didn't each much.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Options
    I'm baaaaaack

We got full power back about 4:00 today. Did my first workout in 10 days. It was tough. reps were not what they were last time (week 7) for back Bicep Tricep and ab ripper. Started out strong but couldn't match the reps from the last time I did it. Was able to complete Ab Ripper, but it was much harder to do with the time off.

Tomorrow will be the real test for me. My first weigh in since 10/28, and plyometrics. I had some bad food days as not much was open or available, but I also didn't each much.
    That is great that you have electricity back now. Hope you can catch up with workouts.

I did legs and back today and was just not feeling it. Im glad the weekend is here though.:drinker:
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear life is getting back towards normal mets, though I'm sure you have a ways to go still.

Way to keep bringint it guys. I finished off week 9 today really strong despite being super sick Tuesday and Wednesday.

I posted a separate topic but thought I might post my 60 day results here in case some of you don't check for new posts in this group anymore. Forgive me for it being a bit cranky when I wrote it yesterday. I'm still accomplishing my primary goals of getting healthier and into better shape even if my secondary more aesthetic based goals are not meeting expectations lol.

60 day progress report.

Measurements:

Day 1, 30, 60
    Body fat % - 20.1%, 18.3%, 14.7%
    Weight - 197.6, 193.4, 185.2
    Chest - 40.6, 39.75, 38.0
    Waist - 36, 34.5, 32.5
    Navel - 38.0, 36.88, 35.25
    Hips - 38.6, 37.88, 36.75
    Butt - 41.38, 39.88, 38.75
    Thighs - 22.25, 22.25, 21.5
    Biceps - 13.5, 13.88, 13.38
    Calves - 15.19, 15.0, 14.5
    Neck - 15.88, 15.88, 15.25

Key changes:
    BF - 5.4% units down or 27% reduction
    Weight - 12.4 lbs down or 6% reduction
    Waist - 3.5" down or 10%
    Belly - 2.75" down or 7%

Chest - 2.6" lost or 6% (not happy)
    Arms - down 1/8" from day 1 or 1% but down 0.5" or 4% from day 30 (not happy)

The pics:

Front shot:
    Day 1:
    frontflexday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    frontflexday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    frontflexed.jpg

Side shot:
    Day 1:
    siderelaxedwlegsday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    siderelaxedwlegsday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    sidekw.jpg

Back
    Day 1:
    backflexedday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    backflexedday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    backflexed.jpg

I also got my physical results back and the last risk factor to my health that I hadn't yet improved was HDL. My HDL is up from 37 to 55. I have no blood results indicating any risk factors now.

My thoughts at day 60.

- I've been way to focused on fat loss and therefore a too aggressive calorie deficient. I've followed the calories per MFP and eat back my exercise calories BUT I set my weight loss at 1.5 lbs per week AND since I don't have a HRM monitor I've been very conservative in my calorie burns for the P90X workouts.

- I'm very unhappy with how scrawny I'm getting and the fact I've lost so much in my chest and arms. To me its clear that while strength has gone up I'm not building muscle and appear to be loosing some. I believe this is a result of the calorie deficiet being too large as well as the back injury problems I've had that have prevented me from bringing it a lot harder and lifting heavier.

I have changed my calorie goals in MFP to only 1 lbs a week of weight loss (I still want to get to 10% BF) and will now use p90xcalories.com to determine my caloric burn for P90X workouts. I estimate this will add more than 500 calories to my daily intake.

I've also decided to let my carbs creep up towards the phase 3 macros of 30/50/20. I'm tired of eating so much protein and if I'm going to do another round of P90X I want to enjoy a few carbs.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Options
    Glad to hear life is getting back towards normal mets, though I'm sure you have a ways to go still.

Way to keep bringint it guys. I finished off week 9 today really strong despite being super sick Tuesday and Wednesday.

I posted a separate topic but thought I might post my 60 day results here in case some of you don't check for new posts in this group anymore. Forgive me for it being a bit cranky when I wrote it yesterday. I'm still accomplishing my primary goals of getting healthier and into better shape even if my secondary more aesthetic based goals are not meeting expectations lol.

60 day progress report.

Measurements:

Day 1, 30, 60
    Body fat % - 20.1%, 18.3%, 14.7%
    Weight - 197.6, 193.4, 185.2
    Chest - 40.6, 39.75, 38.0
    Waist - 36, 34.5, 32.5
    Navel - 38.0, 36.88, 35.25
    Hips - 38.6, 37.88, 36.75
    Butt - 41.38, 39.88, 38.75
    Thighs - 22.25, 22.25, 21.5
    Biceps - 13.5, 13.88, 13.38
    Calves - 15.19, 15.0, 14.5
    Neck - 15.88, 15.88, 15.25

Key changes:
    BF - 5.4% units down or 27% reduction
    Weight - 12.4 lbs down or 6% reduction
    Waist - 3.5" down or 10%
    Belly - 2.75" down or 7%

Chest - 2.6" lost or 6% (not happy)
    Arms - down 1/8" from day 1 or 1% but down 0.5" or 4% from day 30 (not happy)

The pics:

Front shot:
    Day 1:
    frontflexday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    frontflexday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    frontflexed.jpg

Side shot:
    Day 1:
    siderelaxedwlegsday0.jpg

After 30 days:

after 60 days:
    sidekw.jpg

Back
    Day 1:
    backflexedday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    backflexedday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    backflexed.jpg

I also got my physical results back and the last risk factor to my health that I hadn't yet improved was HDL. My HDL is up from 37 to 55. I have no blood results indicating any risk factors now.

My thoughts at day 60.

- I've been way to focused on fat loss and therefore a too aggressive calorie deficient. I've followed the calories per MFP and eat back my exercise calories BUT I set my weight loss at 1.5 lbs per week AND since I don't have a HRM monitor I've been very conservative in my calorie burns for the P90X workouts.

- I'm very unhappy with how scrawny I'm getting and the fact I've lost so much in my chest and arms. To me its clear that while strength has gone up I'm not building muscle and appear to be loosing some. I believe this is a result of the calorie deficiet being too large as well as the back injury problems I've had that have prevented me from bringing it a lot harder and lifting heavier.

I have changed my calorie goals in MFP to only 1 lbs a week of weight loss (I still want to get to 10% BF) and will now use p90xcalories.com to determine my caloric burn for P90X workouts. I estimate this will add more than 500 calories to my daily intake.

I've also decided to let my carbs creep up towards the phase 3 macros of 30/50/20. I'm tired of eating so much protein and if I'm going to do another round of P90X I want to enjoy a few carbs.
    @The_Dude Congratulations on your results. Great results so far! But you are right on the calorie deficit. Just increase your calories a bit as well as your carbs and im sure you'll get good results. Otherwise awesome job so far! Keep up the good work.
    To everyone else that is still stiking to the workout congratulations. I started week 11 today. Yeah! I have never made it this far on P90X although im only doing the strenth training part of it. Combining it with Insanity and JM 6W6P.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback :)

P90X week 10 check in

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe 10 weeks are over already! I've done every single workout and x stretch and today hit a huge milestone for me. 3 years ago it was on day 71's workout that I screwed up my upper back neck bad enough it stopped my P90X effort dead in its tracks. So completing my workout today rocked!!

Macros for the week were 34/46/20. My weight had pretty much staid the same (with up and down fluctuations) so my increased calories are making a difference. Will give it a few more days and the. Check my BF to see if its still going down or not.

Bring it everyone!!
  • The_Dude
    Options
    P90X week 11 check in

Just in case anyone is still reading :)

What a week. I had originally planned to have a "cheat day" on Thanksgiving before I even started P90X. What I didn't count on was just how amazing that food tasted. I ended up over eating my calories and totally hosing my macros Thursday - Sunday! Four days off the food wagon :( On the bright side I did all of the required workouts and only missed x stretch Sunday.

I'm pretty sure those 4 days will have negated most if not all of the gains I would of made during most of phase 3. As of today I'm up about 3 lbs in weight and gained some inches in the mid section. So it will for sure take a round 2 to possibly get a 6 pack lol.

This week is off to a good start so far. I've gotten my diet back under control and have done Monday and today's workouts. Can't believe this is the last strength training week in P90X!!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Options
    @Dude way to go on starting week 11. Those extra 3 pounds and inches should come right off. I am stuck in week 10. Didn't get a chance to work out last week. It was pretty caotic and I was really tired but this week Im picking up where I left off and I am determined to shred that fat even if it takes another round of P90X.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    @Dude way to go on starting week 11. Those extra 3 pounds and inches should come right off. I am stuck in week 10. Didn't get a chance to work out last week. It was pretty caotic and I was really tired but this week Im picking up where I left off and I am determined to shred that fat even if it takes another round of P90X.

Thanksgiving week was tough! Glad you are getting back on that horse this week :)

This morning I actually weighed in at my pre Thanksgiving 4 day binge weight so I was pretty excited about that.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Options
    Good morning,

I completed week 12 last week of P90X Insanity Hybrid. I am skipping week 13 and just restarted again at week 1 today. Last round I din't do ab Ripper X more times than I actually did. This time around I'm really going to focus on doing Ab ripper every time and also lifting heavier. I still can't do a pull up but I will blame it on the pull up bat that hubby installed. I did increase the resistance in the bands though. I lost 2 inches of my waist and about 5 pounds. This time around I'm going to concentrate on my macros and my abs. I don't want to lose any more weight just body fat. Well here goes to a second round!:drinker:
  • The_Dude
    Options
    Good morning,

I completed week 12 last week of P90X Insanity Hybrid. I am skipping week 13 and just restarted again at week 1 today. Last round I din't do ab Ripper X more times than I actually did. This time around I'm really going to focus on doing Ab ripper every time and also lifting heavier. I still can't do a pull up but I will blame it on the pull up bat that hubby installed. I did increase the resistance in the bands though. I lost 2 inches of my waist and about 5 pounds. This time around I'm going to concentrate on my macros and my abs. I don't want to lose any more weight just body fat. Well here goes to a second round!:drinker:

Nice job!!! P90X insanity hybrid is tough! I think P90X classic is hard enough! Grats on the weight loss and inches lost. I too didn't want to lose more weight but wanted to lose body fat%. I've spent dozens and dozens of hours researching diet and exercise online in the past 90 days. All of the information I've found indicates that outside of initial gains when someone not previously exercising or lifting starts, it becomes nearly impossible to quickly change your body composition where you lose body fat but gain muscle. Lets face it, if you don't want your weight to change you have to replace that fat with muscle. There are a million theories on the best way to loose body fat but the one thing they all have in common is that you HAVE to be a calorie deficit! Guess what else almost all the reading I've done on gaining muscle agrees on? It's almost impossible to gain muscle while on a calorie deficit! This is why competitive body builders use "bulk" and "cut" cycles.

Not saying you can't do it, but I'm already 10 lbs below my initial MFP weight loss goal and still have fat to loose. I'm going to give P90X a second round in an effort to drop my BF to 10%. Since I weight 185 right now at ~14% I have to lose 7.4lbs of fat and am unlikely to add significant muscle on a calorie deficit.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    P90X week 12 check in

I can't believe it! Started week 13 today. The LAST week of P90X! Week 12 was the last week with resistance/strength training so I figure the gains I have today are what I will most likely have at the end of this week. Had some good workouts last week but there are plenty of opportunities to improve so as of today I'm planning on a round 2 starting next Monday right after this round ends.

I'll share my official 90 day results here when I finish up.

Hope everyone is continuing to bring it even if its not in this group anymore.
  • The_Dude
    Options
    90 Days later

Measurements:

Day 1, 30, 60, 90
    Body fat % - 20.1%, 18.3%, 14.7%, 13.0%
    Weight - 197.6, 193.4, 185.2, 182.4
    Chest - 40.6, 39.75, 38.0, 37.75
    Waist - 36, 34.5, 32.5, 32.38
    Navel - 38.0, 36.88, 35.25, 34
    Hips - 38.6, 37.88, 36.75, 36.0
    Butt - 41.38, 39.88, 38.75, 39.0
    Thighs - 22.25, 22.25, 21.5, 21.63
    Biceps - 13.5, 13.88, 13.38, 13.25
    Calves - 15.19, 15.0, 14.5, 14.63
    Neck - 15.88, 15.88, 15.25, 15.5

Key changes:
    BF - 7.1% units down or 35.3%
    Weight - 14.2 lbs down or 7.2%
    Waist - 3.6" down or 10%
    Belly - 4.0" down or 10.5%

Chest - 2.9" lost or 7% (bummer)
    Arms - 0.25" lost or 2% (bummer)

The pics:

Front shot:
    Day 1:
    frontflexday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    frontflexday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    frontflexed.jpg

after 90 days:
    frontflexed90days.jpg

Side shot:
    Day 1:
    siderelaxedwlegsday0.jpg

After 30 days:

after 60 days:
    sidekw.jpg

after 90 days:
    side90days.jpg

Back
    Day 1:
    backflexedday0.jpg

After 30 days:
    backflexedday31.jpg

after 60 days:
    backflexed.jpg

after 90 days:
    backflexed90days.jpg

Reflecting on my P90X experience and goals.

Original goals: 1) improve core strength to eliminate chronic low back pain and 2) improve overall fitness to support wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.

Conclusion: Goal 1) moderate improvement but not significant. I still suffer from day to day low back pain. I still have trouble with getting stiff during the day. I've noticed small improvements but not what I was expecting or hoping for. I did notice HUGE improvements in my ability to do P90X workouts and impacts to the workout from low back. Its funny, putting my shoes on while standing can still hurt but I suffer from zero low back pain during workouts such as ab ripper than wreaked havoc on my lower back in the beginning. Goal 2) I haven't actually done my favorite sports in the last 3 months but based on my 8 mile hike yesterday and a 13+ hour session on my feet at Disneyland a few weeks back I'm in much better shape. I also saw improvement in my good cholesterol readings. I'm going to say this goal was probably achieved.

Secondary goals: I really wanted to get a six pack. This did not happen and while I lost significant body fat I'm still a looong ways away from abs showing IMO.

So I will try a second round and try to get to 10% BF and then plan to up my calories to try and build a bit more lean muscle mass.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great and did a great job keeping up with the program. Hope you get the abs that you want on round 2. Im hopping that I get mine, but idk since today week 2 I have missed todays workout. Felt really crappy (getting a cold) but hepefully tomeorrow will feel better. Keep up the good work!!!:drinker: