Mid September start Body revolution

Options
14567810»

Replies

• kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well WO 4 is done for the second time this week! Really proud! Tomorrow is Cardio 1 and then I have my first full week in this month! And My muscles are totally feeling it! I am really looking forward to seeing some results! Yesterday a pair of pants I couldn't button before fit great! Looked great too if I do say so my self. I plan on taking some pictures at the end of this month to see a real difference!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I Love eggs but everything kept telling me I was taking in waaayyyy too much cholesterol. I don't believe I have a problem with cholesterol should I be worried about having a couple hard boiled eggs for a post work out snack?

I do egg beaters - lower cholesterol and they taste fine to me. The southwest kind have a kick.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the HRM advice!! I think I will probably go with a Polar... I want one that will tell me how many calories burned but will also track my running stats..

Bought my food scale and 8lbs weights... also bought a pair of size 8 running pants from Lululemon!! Only because they were on sale and there were no 10s left... I have muffin top but figure they WILL fit better in a few weeks!! LOL!!!

Have a great Friday ladies!!!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Dani, I don't know if the FT4 has running stats. It does heart rate, length of workout, peak heart rate, average heart rate and time in "zone".

I need a new body scale - any suggestions? Under $50 if possible.
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be a big protein shake person but I LOVE THEM now i get Jillians whey Protein Powder (Triple chocolate is my fav but the vanilla is okay) and I blend them with Coconut Milk and fruit some times peanut butter for snacks. If I am doing it as a meal replacement I try to get the shake to around 300 calories but for just snacks i'll do half coconut milk half water and ice for about 135 calories Her Protein powder is 100 calories per scoop and 15g of Potein 3 of fiber I believe! I Love eggs but everything kept telling me I was taking in waaayyyy too much cholesterol. I don't believe I have a problem with cholesterol should I be worried about having a couple hard boiled eggs for a post work out snack?

Thanks for the tip on the coconut milk. Have only ever tasted my husbands shakes which he makes with water and are yuck. Coconut milk would definitely make them more tasty.

I eat whole eggs all the time usually around 2 a day. Quote from Paleo website below
    "Egg yolks contain 100% of the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K as well as carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin found in the egg. They also contain more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12"

Think of all that good stuff you're missing out on!
  • JenMcCrory
    Options
    I need a new body scale - any suggestions? Under $50 if possible.

SweetD you were asking me about my scales the make is Salter. Don't think it was that expensive you could definitely get one on amazon for under $50.
    Knowing your body fat % really helps especially when you are doing exercises with weights or body resistance like Jillians. I know a small loss on the scale can discourage but knowing the body fat you're losing can really motivate as it's often higher than weight loss.

I know you can measure yourself and use clothes to see the difference but I like to see a number that I can measure accurately week after week.
  • JenMcCrory
    Options

My biggest change lately, its got me wondering if I should be happy or disgusted... I've got stretch marks... on my butt! (or bummy as Jillian would say). At first I was EWWWW!!! then i thought, well, yay? That means its getting smaller? Smaller but looking like it was attacked by Freddie Krugar's cat? It is Halloween season. Time to bust out the heavy duty moisturizers!

Gatx hahaha you make me laugh - I've been having stretch marks all over, mostly from having my son 13 years ago, but on my arms and legs from weight gain/loss. My friend calls them "battle scars". :)

Unfortunately I feel your pain. My skin is so thin that I even have stretch marks on my feet from when I was younger and my feet were growing. I hadn't a hope of having a smooth stomach after two kids :sad:
    Luckily I have an amazing hubbie who loves me stretch marks and all :heart:
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Saturday! Today was my first time doing workout 7. Now, I've heard so many things about workout 7, that Jillian is trying to kill us and everything in workout 7, that I was really scared to give it a go. Lol But let me tell you, YES, workout 7 is hard, but Jillian has really prepared us in workouts 1 - 6 to tackle workout 7. And it's doable!! Yes, at times during workout 7, I was laid out on the floor in a pool of my own sweat, and yes, my shoulders were shaking that I thought my arms were going to pop out it's socket (ha!), but I kept going and I really feel so much STRONGER! There are some P90X-type moves in workout 7 (if you've ever done P90X), but I think Jillian is a genius with Body Rev and I'm so pleased with this program.

Because of the level of difficulty in workout 7 today (and I haven't even done workout 8 yet - that's tomorrow), I know I'm going to add an extra week of workouts 7 and 8. So I'll be doing 3 weeks of workouts 7 and 8. Can't hurt, right? :)

And now it's time for me to nurse my arms and shoulders back to feeling normal, cuz Jillian and workout 7 totally killed them....Lol!
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention - I also use a Polar FT4 HRM to track my calories burned during exercise. I got mine off Amazon too, for like $60, free shipping. I love it and it seems very accurate in my cals burned.

Congrats to all the successes so far with this program. Isn't it awesome! :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've started part 2 of this thread to make it easier to use,
  • sweetd_cali
    Options

SweetD you were asking me about my scales the make is Salter. Don't think it was that expensive you could definitely get one on amazon for under $50.

Ok, thanks! I'm worried that when I get a new scale I'll show a gain depending on how messed up my current one is.