10/1 start

Options

Replies

• katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My arms are getting pretty awesome and I am getting a lot stronger.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Finished Phase 1 last night. No change in measurements, other than a 1/2" off my bicep. But, my arms have changed a lot, as has my leg strength and endurance, which is really noticeable during running.

I'm going to try to start Phase 2 tonight, but I have a inconveniently scheduled meeting that may interfere.
  • katellanova
    Options
    Workout 8 in!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Started Phase 2 last night and W5 is tough! I'm scared at what's waiting for me tonight, with all of the things I've read about W6 being torturous!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Started Phase 2 last night and W5 is tough! I'm scared at what's waiting for me tonight, with all of the things I've read about W6 being torturous!

Argh! I'm doing W5 for the first time today. I'm scared...
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    W6 done for the first time tonight. Other than the one time I had to stop because I felt faint, I'd say it went fairly well. I'm thinking the nausea/faint feeling was from eating a big dinner about an hour before working out. Overall, I found it less difficult than W5, but only because I enjoy that it was more weight-lifting focused.

Tomorrow is my running day, so I'm subbing that for the JMBR cardio.
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    W5 was hard! I started it over 3 times before I made it through. I still can't do a push-up. Shameful! I pulled something in my upper abs trying, which twinges painfully now with every breath so I'm reminded of how weak my core is :grumble: Onto 6 tomorrow.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    W5 was hard! I started it over 3 times before I made it through. I still can't do a push-up. Shameful! I pulled something in my upper abs trying, which twinges painfully now with every breath so I'm reminded of how weak my core is :grumble: Onto 6 tomorrow.

Hope you're feeling better!

This morning, I FINALLY saw my first drop on the scale since starting JMBR. 3.2 lbs. I'm hoping this is the start of something good!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    That's awesome, Heather! I had a 2 pound whoosh at the end of phase 1 - my first loss since starting BR. A lot of inches are gone though!

Whatever I pulled feels much better, though after W6 yesterday (which I thought was kind of fun), my rear and arms are killing me! But it's the good kind of killing me.
  • katellanova
    Options
    I was only able to get each workout in once because of getting sick. Still not feeling great today, but going to get back at it.
  • cherryrobot
    cherryrobot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA from dieting and the boards but not from JM. I still have been faithfully doing the work outs and I actually finished a 5k with my best time ever (31 minutes) even without running at all during the past month+.. I could tell I was stronger. I think now that I am committed to the cutting calories part that I have so idiotically ignored I will start seeing some results soon!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    cherryrobot: Congrats on your 5k! That's a great time!:drinker:

katellanova: Hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:

I didn't workout at all this weekend because my cat was sick and I just couldn't focus on anything except snuggling with him. Poor little guy. So far, he's doing better, so I'm planning to get a workout done tonight after work.
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    I had to take 2 days off, but I'm back at it.

Am I the only one who worries that with one bad grip I'm going to throw a weight through the tv on those woodchoppers?
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I had to take 2 days off, but I'm back at it.

Am I the only one who worries that with one bad grip I'm going to throw a weight through the tv on those woodchoppers?

Nope, you're not the only one! I figure I'll either throw the weight or fall over.

No exercising for me for the past week, other than a Thanksgiving Day race. I've been so lazy!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I think W6 is fun. I actually held the reverse planks the whole time. Last time, I could hardly hold it a few seconds. Yay me!
  • Lovely_Sarah
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Sarah. I just found this group and was wondering would it be too late to join? I started the program on 10/8 but I am a bit behind since I got sick during one of the weeks and the thanksgiving break messed me up. I soo need some motivation at this moment and I would love to finish the program. I am in my 2nd week of phase 2. Phase 1 I lost a total of just 6lbs. It doesn't seem much to me but when others see my result they don't believe I just lost only 6lbs lol anyways I barely ever post on MFP and was just looking for some motivation. So I hope that its okay to join you guys for support and motivation as I'll do the same for everyone else :smile:
  • katellanova
    Options
    Its never too late! Welcome!
  • Lovely_Sarah
    Options
    Thanks! Ugh I didn't do cardio yesterday but I did manage to do it this morning yay lol since I missed yesterday I'll be doubling up today and do workout 5 tonight. Idk if anyone else has been checking in but keep it up everyone!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Yikes, 6 weeks down and onto Workout 7 tomorrow. It's gonna kick my backside, isn't it? I'm scared after all I've read!

PS- welcome Sarah!
  • katellanova
    Options
    Last workout 8!! Moving on to 9 and 10 on monday