Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Just weighed myself. :noway: I'm hoping to drop these pounds I put on over the long weekend in the next day or 2.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Stupid stomach bug ruined the remaining fun time weekend I had planned. My sister in law and her fiance were at our house all weekend and the majority of which I was napping on the couch, BOOOO BELLY BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it really is just a belly bug...

Me too Kim!!! I'm sitting here at my desk and my head just wants to drop and I'm lightheaded. I've been keeping food down but I still feel nauseous and the thought of food kind of repulses me!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Syd, you will def drop them...the sodium from the In and Out must be the root cause.

Shooting for another 0 today...Day 3 is sufferage withdraw day, must take the B vitamins so I don't seizure
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Ok I've reached the point where I'm going to stop counting up and start counting down...... 4 days until I can have a drink! Last November I wasn't worried about having a drink as soon as I could but this time I am, I think cutting out sugary treats as well as alcohol was a step too far. However I am going to start on the moderation path, so alcohol only at weekends or special occasions/ parties etc and keep the processed sugary junk to a minimum until Christmas.

I'm glad the lushes seem to have had a great thanksgiving.
    Zippo, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, animals are such an important part of the family :-(
  • nisijam5
    Yvonne, you're a CrAzY lady. How can you even read this board? I'd go mad. Do share your tips for sobriety!!

Just got back from my chiro eval. They did such a good job with Ron that I am hoping that they can work with my ear problem. I'm wondering if it's the way I sleep at night. Either way, it will be nice to be proactive even the process kind of freaks me out.

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0 thus far even tho I am thinking a nice red would go with my homemade pizza.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I am trying for 0s tonight and tomorrow but I don't think I can keep reading the posts-I agree, I would go mad...
  • nisijam5
    Well, it's good to have you back Amy!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Yvonne's my hero. I already poured myself some wine and its only 4:30 here.

Kim, both my brother and niece use the chiro for ear issues and swear by it.

Ok...carpets are cleaned..and I went on a wicked hike (very steep climb)...I'm hoping I sweat out some of that sodium from the junk I ate over the holiday. I'm sore already...hence the wine :drinker:
    Decorations tomorrow. :)
    Happy lushing lushes!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    I think my strategy is just my sheer bloodymindedness! Once I decide on something I hate to give up and fail. Plus I remove as much temptation as I can by not keeping alcohol or treats in the house. Oh and I had the incentive of rewarding myself with an iPad :happy:

I just had a great gym session, my trainer told me that I was looking slimmer at the moment. When I explained about my no-no-November he said that I respond really quickly to a change in diet, which can only be good. However on a high I went off to the shop to buy some cider to celebrate with on dec 1st :drinker: :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Wow Yvonne....amazing. It gives me hope for January.

I had a mojito last night. Emphasis on "A". Our food came out so fast at the Cuban place, there was no time for a second! I thought for sure I'd have a beer at home, but Eric wanted to stop for a coffee on the way home so I had a soy peppermint mocha instead. It actually hit the spot and I feel great today! Victory!
  • nisijam5
    It must be celebrate success day...so, here's mine

Craved some wine with the homemade pizza, no big deal and I got thru that.

The whopper was when girlfriend came over to say goodbye since she's leaving for Florida tomorrow. I made 2 martini's and then didn't drink mine. She did. So, she's in party mode which is obviously infectious and I just drink sparkling water. Super Score!

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

I haven't seen 3 in a long time!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Wow Yvonne I am so impressed with you!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I will have zeros tonight and tomorrow for sure!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    I had two D!cken shots and about 1/2 a blue moon last night...I think I'm slowly preparing myself for January. Lol.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Okay so I bought the salted carmel Stoli and it was very good with Honey Crisp apple juice. Doug and I are really going to try to moderate even more but I have to admit my quantities have gone down quite a bit.

You all have done great with the zeros and Yvonne you are an amazing awesome woman.

Here's to Wednesday:drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Nicely done, Kim! If it's in front of me, I will be sure to drink it. :drinker:

Ok I dropped 2.5 pounds overnight and am feeling better. More water today and hopefully more good results.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Tuesday=0

Baby steps...
    I actually feel sick today, I think I could a cold, but maybe this is what not drinking feels like?!
    I might be trying a sober January. If I went a whole month it might help me build better habits and drop a little holiday weight and prepare for Dominican Republic in February.
    caramel stoli and apple juice sounds awesome...
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Yvonne you are awesome, well done :flowerforyou:

Kblue I hope you're feeling better today sweets :smile:

Had drinks Monday and Tuesday and am having a Sam Adams White Christmas right now BUT I have logged an hour on the bike each day and been somewhat good with food. I've stopped weighing myself though because I know that number is full of crap. For example I weighed in I forget what day and I was feeling SUPER slim buuuut the scale begged to differ so I said the heck with you! If I feel good, feel good looking in the mirror and my clothes fit well then I'm good :glasses: And in other news our grown up bed set will be arriving on Monday!!!! I cannot wait, I love Restoration Hardware so I can't wait to actually see our bed in person all made up :smile: It's a sleigh bed too, how fitting for this time of year :heart:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Kat- I am jealous...we have gotten alot of new furniture since we moved in 3 years ago, but we have yet to get new bedroom furniture. That is definitely the next room to tackle!

Totaly lied before about the zero......I'm drinking wine as I type. I am so weak, but I'm ok with it! Tis the season!
  • nisijam5
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

So far, so good....I think I am home free

Day 4
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Kat- I am jealous...we have gotten alot of new furniture since we moved in 3 years ago, but we have yet to get new bedroom furniture. That is definitely the next room to tackle!

Totaly lied before about the zero......I'm drinking wine as I type. I am so weak, but I'm ok with it! Tis the season!

We never had any furniture really. We have one of those metal frames that the mattresses just sit on. No bed side tables so I'm currently using a stool with a plate haha and the husband is using a tiny filing cabinet thing. We do have a small TV stand that holds our Direct Tv box and such but we also ordered a nice dresser with our bed set so we're going to put that in the bedroom and probably move our 50 inch tv in there once we get it fixed and move our 40 inch thats in there now into one of the spare bedrooms. Lots of house stuff coming about, having a landscaper put us on his list of regularly scheduled maintenance, having our kitchen redone shortly after the new year and getting rid of our carpets and having hard wood or some other type of flooring put down. So much for things settling down after the new year!

I'm up early, woke up around 3 and saw some strange lights outside then thought I heard something in the house and I'm a paranoid person about home invasions and such anyway so I couldn't fall back to sleep. Clearly the thing to do was look up crime statistics for where we live :noway: Our house had an existing ADT system when we moved in 3 years ago but we never activated it however I think we're going to have them upgrade and activate it which will make me feel better. Not that we live in a bad area, we live in a nice neighborhood and our house still has all the ADT stickers not to mention the other measures the previous owners took such as bars preventing the sliders from being opened when they don't need to be and blockers on the windows in the basement so the windows can only open so far. They had them on the upstairs windows too but I took them off. I think they were even more paranoid than me!

In any event I see a nap this afternoon.

Happy thirsty Thursday all :flowerforyou: