• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I need a tally:

Sunday: 4 glasses of wine
    Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 1 mojito
    Wednesday: a 312

I am almost more impressed with the "1" than a "0". Going to try to have a 0 or 1 tonight also. Tomorrow is book club but trying to keep it in moderation.

Kat - I got a security system when I was living alone in a so-so neighborhood. When my husband and I moved to a "nice" neighborhood, we transferred the system. It gives peace of mind when hearing those strange noises at night and also while we're out of town. I think we pay like $40 a month. I figure we spend that much on wine in a week so......
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Katie's feeling better...had a nice BIG glass of wine last night :bigsmile:

We always figured our bedroom would be the last thing we did in the house. When we moved in we had my old bedroom furniture, which was a hodge podge of stuff, then we got a king sized bed and few years ago and well, that bad boy is sitting on a metal frame and probably will for a while. Its actually pretty sad that we didn't even buy a new comforter for it....still using the queen sized one. But didn't really want to invest in something new until we redid the whole room. New paint and floors are a must!!!
    Good luck the new furniture Kat...ery exciting to get new stuff!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- ended up with about 3 glasses of wine and a leinenkugel snowdrift vanilla porter (YUM btw)

Tonight will be zero!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    A Bottle of white last night. I have been eating like crap and the scale is showing it. I have got to get my head back in the game.

We have a security system. We use it more for when we aren't home than when we are. I pay 26 bucks a month for the monitoring so it is well worth it.

I bought myself a nice bedroom set for my 42 birthday. I still have it since it is only 10 years old. It is a bugger to move though because it is huge solid oak peir group with a lgiht bridge and a massive pedastal with drawers underneath it. I also have a huge dresser and a very large bachelors chest. It may be a little out dated but I still love it.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday=0 drinks

Will probably drink some tonight, but I have caught a cold, so wine is less appealing, maybe just a hot buttered rum:)
  • rjadams
    Options

maybe just a hot buttered rum:)

:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Its 1week after thanksgiving and I am already stressed about friggin christmas. Not because of gifts or anything but because of all the running around and the guilt trips from my family and in laws, for not wanted to quadruple book myself, BLERG :sad: :laugh:
    A shot will be had the moment I walk through the door :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Awww..kate. I was always lucky (??) that my parents and in-laws lived in the same city so we didn't have much shuffling around to do. Take a deep breath...and of course drink whenever possible. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Awww..kate. I was always lucky (??) that my parents and in-laws lived in the same city so we didn't have much shuffling around to do. Take a deep breath...and of course drink whenever possible. :drinker:

DONE :drinker:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Kate, I feel you, babe. Both families are in town, but with little kids...EVERYONE wants to see them. I drink heavily at Christmas.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing lots of zero's on here the last few days!
    I'm considering joining the sober january seeing as there's quite a few of you doing it, I might need it after Christmas as I'm planning on indulging in plenty of alcohol, although from experience I get drunk really easily when I haven't had alcohol for a while, cheap date :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    My zero streak might be over...
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    While Kyle and I have a little driving on Christmas I love it and it actually works out. We have Christmas early at my Aunt and Unc's because they go to bed by like 8 so most people start leaving around 5 and Kyle's parents don't go to their friends until around 6 or 7 so when we leave my Aunt and Unc's we just head over to meet his parents and best friend. This year is a little different though because his best friend has to fly back to Chicago on Christmas so I guess we're doing our Christmas with them the Sunday before and then on Christmas all we have to worry about is my Aunt and Unc's then going home which will be nice :smile:

Still don't have my ring back and it's been over 10 days now :grumble: thinking at this point I won't have it for Saturday or my birthday and TOM isn't making it any less of an annoyance. I have an Irish temper anyway but when TOM is in town every damn thing annoys me so I'm currently having a margarita and relaxing after my work out. You would think that being up since 3ish and having TOM on top of that I would be exhausted but I think I'm so tired that I'm not tired anymore :noway: I'm sure once I take a few sips of this marg that'll change but I'm hoping to make it until 9 for one of my guilty pleasure shows.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thurs, 2 wine and 2 vodka/soda...the b*tch is gone, vodka killed her. Kim is back.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You know you can do it now, Kim...well done!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Syd, I have learned that after 4 days, I have needs. Not many, but they are alcoholic. Otherwise, the really bossy, stressed, controlling person comes out. Think of the wicked witch from the Wizard of OZ. You poured liquid on her and she basically went away. :happy:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Syd, I have learned that after 4 days, I have needs. Not many, but they are alcoholic. Otherwise, the really bossy, stressed, controlling person comes out. Think of the wicked witch from the Wizard of OZ. You poured liquid on her and she basically went away. :happy:

I could have written this.

Bottle of white again last night. Boss is gone today so not feeling quite as stressed out. :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Kim, I think we are lushy sisters. I had good intentions of a workout and maybe a beer, but damnit if I didn't stop for a bottle of red on the way home (and didn't work out as I was home a little later than normal). I ended up with 2 glasses and a vodka and ginger ale, maybe like a 1.5 (not quite a double). But that was just the perfect amount. I woke up feeling just fine. I was watching back to back episodes of Intervation after all; drinks are needed for that.

Sun - 4 glasses of wine
    Mon - 0
    Tues - mojito
    Wed - a beer
    Thursday - 2 glasses of wine, 1.5 oz Kettle One
    Friday - going to try to keep it to 5

Happy weekend lushes!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-3 glasses of wine and a snowdrift vanilla porter
    Thursday-0

Today is my birthday and I am feeling great about being 30! Woke up this morning to an IPAD from Mike wrapped in the kitchen. And then got to work and had flowers and my office door all decorated. My coworkers are having a pizza party for me at lunch and then going out with a big group tonight for dinner and drinks. Should be a great day!

Oh right when we bought our house I started having Christmas Eve at my house so we wouldn't have to go anywhere. We have Mike's family and my family over and it is always a great time. My family doesn't really do anything Christmas day so we just do our own thing in the morning and then go to his grandmas for lunch and always do a late night dinner at our friends house.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like a great birthday Chloe...enjoy!!

We do the same for Christmas. Celebrate Christmas Eve...which is the Mexican tradition (I'm half...dad was born in Scotland hence the blonde hair and blue eyes)..so we have tamales (which I make every year) and I serve a ham or prime rib for the non tamale lovers. We have the whole family over and open up all our gifts except the stockings, which we save for Xmas morning when its just the 3 of us. We enjoy it...less stress...and we get to sleep in after a very late night of celebrating and ( usually) lots of drinks. I took over the tradition after my mom passed away and while its a ton of work on my part, I love it and I think of her every year. :heart:

TGIF everyone. I actually poured my 2nd glass of wine back into the bottle last night, but I'm thinking I will take care of that and more this evening. :drinker: