Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Chloe! As I posted on your wall, the 30's are the new 20's! :smile:

Sydney, that is sweet. I love tradition. We don't have too many, but my Mom is 100% Norwegian (my sister got the blonde hair and blue eyes, but I did not) so she/we make lefse every year around Thanksgiving or Christmas depending on when we all get together. I just had a tamale at lunch. Mmmm.....
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    going to a work--related happy hour today...and we have a sitter, so no need to hurry home...don't expect anything like a zero from me today! I also won't get a workout in, so I'm just saying "eff it" to my cals today.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Chloe!!!!

With my first husband there were 4 or 5 celebrations at christmas that we tried to cram all in one day. It was awful. Now I have Xmas eve with my Dad and we do nothing on Christmas day. It is just me and the hubs.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin-a holiday with just your husband....that sounds FABULOUS!!!!!! Sipping an egg nog while sitting in front of the fire,...well that's how I picture it anyway :laugh: Oh and Lenny picked up a bottle of smirnoff kissed caramel and mixed it with honey crisp apple cider, holy hell, great combo, thanks for the tip!

I had 2 shots of kissed caramel last night and LOTS of wine...I started out measuring but eventually said F it!!!!!
    Tonight, not sure. maybe a mahattan maybe some wine?!

Both families aren't all that bad, and I understand they want to have their kids all together for the holidays and stuff. We typically do christmas eve with the in laws and christmas day with my family, plus two other family parties sprinkled in somewhere (date always changes)...doesn't sound too bad right...and its really not BUT my mom always wants me to get to their house early in the day (and makes a big stink about us spending more time with Lenny's families then mine, blah blah blah...same story every year), so we have to leave early in the morning from the in laws, then the in laws get upset because we have to leave early..even though we just spent the entire day before with them. I really think its a holiday stress thing!!!! I always try not to let other peoples stress get to me and thank god for Lenny he is so positive...he helps get me though :smile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    We live in KY, my family lives in NC. We used to switch holidays - Thanksgiving here, Christmas there and then visa versa the next year. Now that my sister and I have kids, we do Thanksgiving in NC and Christmas here and my parents alternate visiting us during Christmas. We used to go have breakfast at my in-law's and go back later that night for dinner, but we let them know last year would be the end to the breakfast since now we have a kiddo. I'm excited to have Christmas just us for the first time EVER in 11 years of being together this year. I envision sipping coffee and Baileys next to a fire or something while opening presents. Too bad we don't have a fireplace..... I do know where to find some Baileys though......
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    We live in KY, my family lives in NC. We used to switch holidays - Thanksgiving here, Christmas there and then visa versa the next year. Now that my sister and I have kids, we do Thanksgiving in NC and Christmas here and my parents alternate visiting us during Christmas. We used to go have breakfast at my in-law's and go back later that night for dinner, but we let them know last year would be the end to the breakfast since now we have a kiddo. I'm excited to have Christmas just us for the first time EVER in 11 years of being together this year. I envision sipping coffee and Baileys next to a fire or something while opening presents. Too bad we don't have a fireplace..... I do know where to find some Baileys though......
    Sounds lovely..and worthy of your screen name!
    BTW your pic is adorable :smile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sounds lovely..and worthy of your screen name!
    BTW your pic is adorable :smile:

Thanks chick!

My weekend starts.....NOW!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well you can always get those electric fireplaces, some of them look really nice and do a good job heating;)
    Last night I had the wine. Not sure how much because I kept pouring small glasses. There were three of us and two bottle of wine, though, so I think that is more than 2 glasses.
    Tonight I am going to a comedy show-two drink minimum, plus dinner so it'll probably be more like 4 drinks...
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, it's midnight, December 1st here I come, best get some sleep so I'm ready for my cider later, oh yes
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kim, I think we are lushy sisters.
    Happy weekend lushes!

Ditto!!

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 2 red wine and 3 vodka sodas
    Friday, 0

Pushing thru tonight for a zero. 12 hour workday and an 8 tomorrow. Crunchy patients today.

Happy Birthday, Chloe. Sounds like a lovely day and I'm glad you felt special :flowerforyou:
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    I.
    AM.
    DRUNK.

Have you touched jay in the rare occasions hat when I'm sloppy, I like to announce it??

Lol. That should be "noticed thst".
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Heh...I'm going to put that into google translate and see if it helps. :laugh:

I was scratching my head asking myself...who the hell is jay and why is she touching him?
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Crunchy patients today.

:huh:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Heh...I'm going to put that into google translate and see if it helps. :laugh:

I was scratching my head asking myself...who the hell is jay and why is she touching him?

OMG!! I don't know which made me laugh louder - ^^^^^ this or the Crunchy patients!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Holy shiz...I was very drunk last night!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Good morning sunshine!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 beers
    Not bad
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I.
    AM.
    DRUNK.

Have you touched jay in the rare occasions hat when I'm sloppy, I like to announce it??

Lol. That should be "noticed thst".
    AWESOME!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yvonne graciously started the december thread for us. Here is the link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/810154-like-minded-lushes-december-2012?page=1#posts-12122834