I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I confess I keep thinking I start vacation on monday but really it is a week from monday.

Oh man that stinks!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    2 people will never collide in perfect harmony. It's just not possible.

smiles to self
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I think you have to have faith in the person your dating not to search every detail of their lives. I would be interested tho, but I think it can lead down a road of unhealthy thoughts and questions.

Reading Allan’s posts about how he would never date a woman with children while he was (at the same time) taking more and more trips with me and my son were quite a blow to my ego. I had stopped reading his stuff every day because I felt like we were headed in the right direction but I still looked from time to time. When I saw that I was shocked: I would never have known it from his in-person actions, from the time we spent with his daughter or his friends during the very times he was writing all that junk. I only saw that side of him from his online writing.

So I’m pretty big on reading your love interest’s blog and forum posts, yet I must remember that everyone is not like me. BB is a musician, not a writer. It probably hasn’t occurred to him that I might like for him to read my writing the way he likes for me to hear his music, and I’m still trying to decide if it’s worth telling him I’d like that or to just let it go.

well....I can see u value his opinion but are u seeking some kind of approval from his reading your posts? or do you just want him to show interest in your writing like you do his music?

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but I would probably just ask casually, what did you think of my xyz blog about abc?

and he can either say, oh I haven't read it yet, but i'll check it out or he'll say idk and I don't really care lol. (ok that's mean he won't say that) but it will get u in the right direction without seeming pushy or needy?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Reading Allan’s posts about how he would never date a woman with children while he was (at the same time) taking more and more trips with me and my son were quite a blow to my ego. I had stopped reading his stuff every day because I felt like we were headed in the right direction but I still looked from time to time. When I saw that I was shocked: I would never have known it from his in-person actions, from the time we spent with his daughter or his friends during the very times he was writing all that junk. I only saw that side of him from his online writing.

So I’m pretty big on reading your love interest’s blog and forum posts, yet I must remember that everyone is not like me.

well....I can see u value his opinion but are u seeking some kind of approval from his reading your posts? or do you just want him to show interest in your writing like you do his music?

Not approval seeking, lol. My ex never read my blog: he said I write too much for people to digest in one sitting. Some people don’t like to read things if they're more than one or two sentences. I, personally, love posts which are quite rich and full. It really doesn’t bother me that people skip over my posts because they’re too long (or too disagreeable).

But BB likes to read so I kinda felt like "if he really cared about who I am, he would have read more than just the one post I sent." I reminded myself there's plenty of evidence he does care about me (trips he's taken to visit me, talking an hour or so each night, helping me move, etc).
    I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but I would probably just ask casually, what did you think of my xyz blog about abc?
    Yeah, that's how I found out he hadn't read any more of it. I’m not gonna make a big deal of it with him though. Maybe he figures if I needed to tell him something I just would so no need for him to waste time reading my blog.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I'm in a gym rut. The idea of going for another hour on the elliptical is dreadful!

On that note, I wish I could fit into Lululemon.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm developing my first MFP crush... :blushing:
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think you have to have faith in the person your dating not to search every detail of their lives. I would be interested tho, but I think it can lead down a road of unhealthy thoughts and questions.

So I’m pretty big on reading your love interest’s blog and forum posts, yet I must remember that everyone is not like me. BB is a musician, not a writer. It probably hasn’t occurred to him that I might like for him to read my writing the way he likes for me to hear his music, and I’m still trying to decide if it’s worth telling him I’d like that or to just let it go.

With the example you give here, I'd probably be hyper-aware and invested in reading the other person's output. But- just to lend an opposing example: I read A LOT, the person I'm seeing wrote a book a few years ago and am NEVER going to read it unless he asks (non-fiction topic that is super boring to me- but is his life's deal). He uses FB, I don't, and don't want to know about any of it. The first month of knowing someone I'm all about stalky bio reading, but notat all after that. I don't think there's a correlation with how invested I am in the person- my ex husband had a personal website in the 90s before social media and I could have cared less despite being madly in love. Just saying.
  • nolachick
    Options
    i confess i took bikini (before) pictures to see where I need to improve. I need to see these to remind myself what my goals are. I almost would like to create a private thread for wanna be "bikini babes" or something like that for girls to pos their current pics and feel accountable. not sure if people would be into that kinda thing haha. (like i said, it would be a private group so there are no creepers looking haha)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    i confess i took bikini (before) pictures to see where I need to improve. I need to see these to remind myself what my goals are. I almost would like to create a private thread for wanna be "bikini babes" or something like that for girls to pos their current pics and feel accountable. not sure if people would be into that kinda thing haha. (like i said, it would be a private group so there are no creepers looking haha)

There's a few groups here on MFP that do what you are describing. I think it's a good idea for the accountability aspect and such.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess my body is aching from this weekend. Need to get back into my summer shape where I can be outside the whole weekend without being drained. Got sunburned while playing football on saturday. Blocked a bad bounce with my shin instead of glove in softball on sunday. Knee and kindey area hurts for some unknown reason. I feel like I am falling apart.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I confess my body is aching from this weekend. Need to get back into my summer shape where I can be outside the whole weekend without being drained. Got sunburned while playing football on saturday. Blocked a bad bounce with my shin instead of glove in softball on sunday. Knee and kindey area hurts for some unknown reason. I feel like I am falling apart.

I rarely get sunburned but it sucks when you do. :frown:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I am very pale skinned. I was only out in the sun for 2 hours and my shoulders are lobster red.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I was out in the sun for 9.5 hours last Monday hiking in the Grand Canyon. I used sunscreen but didn't put it on my earlobes. They blistered and now they're peeling. OUCH!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather have the sunburn... if I'm out in direct sunlight for more than ~15 minutes, I get a red splotchy hive-like rash.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I confess that I let the cat out of the bag this weekend! And it felt damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

There's a few groups here on MFP that do what you are describing. I think it's a good idea for the accountability aspect and such.

Is no one going to question how sweet, quiet Cesar knows about private bikini groups? :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

I am very pale skinned. I was only out in the sun for 2 hours and my shoulders are lobster red.

I can count on one hand how many times I've been sunburned. My Spanish side shows and I just get really brown.
  • nolachick
    Options

Is no one going to question how sweet, quiet Cesar knows about private bikini groups? :laugh:

hehehe yes, cesar! I was wondering about that too! :laugh:
  • nolachick
    Options
    I confess that I let the cat out of the bag this weekend! And it felt damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin:

do tell??? :wink:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

hehehe yes, cesar! I was wondering about that too! :laugh:

I was thinking that but didnt want to be the one to say it ;)