I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I confess I just spent 25 minutes giving CPR and suctioning a patient on the floor while waiting for 911....He didn't make it :cry:

Aw :( that must be hard. I haven't had to do CPR yet (most of my patients are DNR/DNI) but I imagine it is tough.

Its not that I've never lost a patient before...But its always hard..and in my opinion it should be...especially with a guy like this who wasnt ill but choked on a chocolate cupcake he was trying to horde from the staff makes it extra hard

OMG! People DIE from that?? I'm so sorry Jen, that must be dreadful for you, and his family......awwww
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess I am going to Seattle in a few mins. Friend is picking me up and though the idea of heading over this is...meh... I am looking forward to getting new running shoes. I am way over due.

Ohhh new shinies! I need some new running shoes, too, but have to wait a couple more paychecks.

My problem is I can't find any I like! And I don't want to buy online. I went looking on Sunday and found nothing...and of course the ones I like are $150!

Go to running store, have them analyze your gait and fit you for a shoe. Say you will think about it. Go on amazon and get the same shoe that is a couple seasons old for 1/4th the price.

Good idea! I hate dropping a lot of money on something that won't last long.

Absolutely that ^^^^ Also check out runningshoes.com I get my favorites when they go on clearance there (free shipping too).
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I confess I am going to Seattle in a few mins. Friend is picking me up and though the idea of heading over this is...meh... I am looking forward to getting new running shoes. I am way over due.

Ohhh new shinies! I need some new running shoes, too, but have to wait a couple more paychecks.

My problem is I can't find any I like! And I don't want to buy online. I went looking on Sunday and found nothing...and of course the ones I like are $150!

Go to running store, have them analyze your gait and fit you for a shoe. Say you will think about it. Go on amazon and get the same shoe that is a couple seasons old for 1/4th the price.

Good idea! I hate dropping a lot of money on something that won't last long.

Absolutely that ^^^^ Also check out runningshoes.com I get my favorites when they go on clearance there (free shipping too).
    I went to Jock n Jills, a running store near Green Lake, Seattle. I did shrink 1/2 a size. Tried a few pairs and got a pair of Asics. I don't mind dropping money on it. I went the cheap route one time with running shoes and could barely walk for a month. I have no arches so I need to get the super clunky, Frakenstein looking shoes.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    ^ I like Asics!

Tonight at my fitness class, the instructor asked me if I have a shoulder injury because I'm so bad at planking. I said "no it's just me." Hahaha
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    ^ I like Asics!

Tonight at my fitness class, the instructor asked me if I have a shoulder injury because I'm so bad at planking. I said "no it's just me." Hahaha
    Planks kick my butt too. I can barely hold one for more than 10 seconds. Half planks, the ones on your knees, those kick my *kitten* too. I have such a weak core. )=
  • christine24t
    Options
    ^ I like Asics!

Planks kick my butt too. I can barely hold one for more than 10 seconds. Half planks, the ones on your knees, those kick my *kitten* too. I have such a weak core. )=

Glad it's just not me. With these you had to lift one hand off the ground...well I can barely plank let alone plank on 3 limbs!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    ^ I like Asics!

Glad it's just not me. With these you had to lift one hand off the ground...well I can barely plank let alone plank on 3 limbs!

The trick to holding a plank is to not think about it and focus on one spot and zone out or concentrate on your breathing. If you don't over think about holding a position you can hold it longer.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

I went to Jock n Jills, a running store near Green Lake, Seattle. I did shrink 1/2 a size. Tried a few pairs and got a pair of Asics. I don't mind dropping money on it. I went the cheap route one time with running shoes and could barely walk for a month. I have no arches so I need to get the super clunky, Frakenstein looking shoes.

I don't know Jock n Jills is but my brother lives close enough to Green Lake that I walked there and then around the lake for exercise on my last visit.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    The trick to holding a plank is to not think about it and focus on one spot and zone out or concentrate on your breathing. If you don't over think about holding a position you can hold it longer.

Yep.... just like Lamaze.... hehehe
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Yeah cause lamaze works lol thats why they invented epidurals
  • christine24t
    Options

Hahahaha I will definitely be having an epidural. My mom told me you're crazy not to have one, and I am listening!

And I will bottle-feed too, no breastfeeding for me.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

*kitten*..... I never had to use my lamaze. But, I do focus on one object and make sure my breathing is steady (not the lamaze puffs....lol)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

???
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i confess I kinda want a fwb lol. not the complicated stress of it just the benefits lol. - not that I would ever go through with it.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i confess I kinda want a fwb lol. not the complicated stress of it just the benefits lol. - not that I would ever go through with it.

I've often thought this...:devil:
  • christine24t
    Options

???

Haha I meant none of this "natural" crap for me when I have kids!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm feeling much better today and I'm going to go do Kareoke tonight and eat some chicken wings (its 10cent night) :drinker:
  • christine24t
    Options
    I confess I'm feeling much better today and I'm going to go do Kareoke tonight and eat some chicken wings (its 10cent night) :drinker:

That sounds bomb!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I confess that today is my Friday and I'm leaving in an hour. Thank God!
  • christine24t
    Options
    I confess that today is my Friday and I'm leaving in an hour. Thank God!

So jealous! My work week starts tonight!