I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    i confess i took bikini (before) pictures to see where I need to improve. I need to see these to remind myself what my goals are. I almost would like to create a private thread for wanna be "bikini babes" or something like that for girls to pos their current pics and feel accountable. not sure if people would be into that kinda thing haha. (like i said, it would be a private group so there are no creepers looking haha)

There's a few groups here on MFP that do what you are describing. I think it's a good idea for the accountability aspect and such.

Is no one going to question how sweet, quiet Cesar knows about private bikini groups? :laugh:

hehehe yes, cesar! I was wondering about that too! :laugh:

I was thinking that but didnt want to be the one to say it ;)

Who said they were private? lol. and I'm shy, it takes a while to get out of shell but I'm far from innocent.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I am done planning things for my friends. On friday I got a groupon for 6 of us to go to a BYOB painting lesson. I made the reservations for the 6 of us that said they would go the begining of march because this place books up fast. Now people are saying they want to go and so one person will say they can't go so that person can have their spot. This is fine if one of the people didn't tell 3 different people they could have her spot. I have to be the bad guy and go "All spots are currently reserved. If someone backs out you will be first in line for it." They then get pouty and are like "but so and so said I could have her ticket". It is just annoying.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    i confess i took bikini (before) pictures to see where I need to improve. I need to see these to remind myself what my goals are. I almost would like to create a private thread for wanna be "bikini babes" or something like that for girls to pos their current pics and feel accountable. not sure if people would be into that kinda thing haha. (like i said, it would be a private group so there are no creepers looking haha)

There's a few groups here on MFP that do what you are describing. I think it's a good idea for the accountability aspect and such.

Is no one going to question how sweet, quiet Cesar knows about private bikini groups? :laugh:

hehehe yes, cesar! I was wondering about that too! :laugh:

I was thinking that but didnt want to be the one to say it ;)

Who said they were private? lol. and I'm shy, it takes a while to get out of shell but I'm far from innocent.

LALALALALA I don't believe you! LALALALALA
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were talking this weekend and we decide there is pretty much no hope for either of us to ever meet guys. People just don't approach people anymore...and we both want to do online dating but we are scared.

I want to be kissed! My goal was to be kissed by my 23rd birthday...well it's fast approaching and nada, zero, zilch chance at this point. New goal, 24th birthday.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were talking this weekend and we decide there is pretty much no hope for either of us to ever meet guys. People just don't approach people anymore...and we both want to do online dating but we are scared.

I want to be kissed! My goal was to be kissed by my 23rd birthday...well it's fast approaching and nada, zero, zilch chance at this point. New goal, 24th birthday.

I agree. You know what they say: insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You really need to put yourself out there! Scared of what?? You are scared of everything honey.........!! :laugh: I think you need to take a deep breath and realise that living in fear is no life at all!! :flowerforyou:

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Well, you have the whole "space" thing....If I'm remembering right, you want your personal space and don't even a peck on the cheek seems forward to you because of it. I agree with Anna, if you continue status quo, you'll never see results. Don't compromise your morals, but something's going to have to change if you want that kiss.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    The problem is is that my other friend does online dating and most of the guys expect sex on the first date which I'm not cool with, so I'm just scared of that happening, and don't want to drop a lot of money just to get no emails and if I do, meet a guy who will end up probably being a jerk...

And forget about ever meeting a person in public, god forbid. Might as well start collecting my cats now lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I confess I burned a little over 4000 calories this weekend :smokin:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    The problem is is that my other friend does online dating and most of the guys expect sex on the first date which I'm not cool with, so I'm just scared of that happening, and don't want to drop a lot of money just to get no emails and if I do, meet a guy who will end up probably being a jerk...

And forget about ever meeting a person in public, god forbid. Might as well start collecting my cats now lol

Not every guy expects sex on the first date. Stop thinking that way. When you set up a profile make sure you put looking for a relationship not that you are just wanting to date.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I confess I have no self control. I made pizza last night and ate more than half of it lol. bad bad girl. lol.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

If you're talking about a random coming up to you at a bookstore or something the odds are pretty low. Are you going to parties, bars, groups, clubs or any common place where people approach people?? Don't you live in a college town?? There has to be stuff going on.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Don't you live in a college town?? There has to be stuff going on.

I live in a college town and sometimes it's even harder to meet people. Because I'm not part of the college, I'm kinda labeled as an "outcast".

I have, however, found meetup.com to be an awesome way to meet people. Look for young professionals or young people groups, grow a pair of balls (it took me a few weeks to do that... :laugh: ) and go to one of the events! The group I've gone out with is a lot of transplants like me who have no ties to the area and are also struggling to meet people due to what I mentioned above!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm not exactly sure how that just happened!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I live in a college town and sometimes it's even harder to meet people. Because I'm not part of the college, I'm kinda labeled as an "outcast".

I have, however, found meetup.com to be an awesome way to meet people. Look for young professionals or young people groups, grow a pair of balls (it took me a few weeks to do that... :laugh: ) and go to one of the events! The group I've gone out with is a lot of transplants like me who have no ties to the area and are also struggling to meet people due to what I mentioned above!

But she is college age so would not get the outcast part. What town do you live in Christine? I know it is around the Twin Cities but not sure which one.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The problem is is that my other friend does online dating and most of the guys expect sex on the first date which I'm not cool with, so I'm just scared of that happening, and don't want to drop a lot of money just to get no emails and if I do, meet a guy who will end up probably being a jerk.

Look at it this way... guys wanting sex on the first night aren't necessarily being jerks. They could be guys who either 1) are online dating simply for sex (as are many guys who ask women out period) or 2) they were looking for a relationship but realized you both weren't as compatible in person as you were online and decided you both gave up your evening so might as well have a little fun.

While there's a certain amount of jerkiness in both categories, the bottom line is that there are MANY guys who go through the rigmarole of pretending to want a relationship just to get sex. In fact, I remember reading about someone in this forum who posted he strung the girl along until she finally trusted him and then dumped her (purposely) after sex.

So rather than wasting your time with someone like that, you've seen very clearly that this is NOT the guy for you. The man who’s pushing for sex on date 1 is sending a very clear signal he doesn’t want a relationship. And I didn’t make that up- we had a thread on this awhile ago.

I used to get upset when I realized that guys asking me out "just wanted to have sex" until I realized that 99.99% of normal guys motivation for asking you out is that they WANT to have sex with you (whether now or later). If they can't see you in the bedroom (eventually- and that point varies for each couple) they aren't likely to ask you out unless they have ulterior motives (money, manipulation, etc). Once I took the personal offense out of it and stopped feeling like "Oh, I don't want guys just asking me out JUST because they want to have sex with me" I was able roll with the punches, go on more dates, and enjoy myself. And the more fun you have on dates the more dates you seem to attract.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

I agree. You know what they say: insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You really need to put yourself out there! Scared of what?? You are scared of everything honey.........!! :laugh: I think you need to take a deep breath and realise that living in fear is no life at all!! :flowerforyou:

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

100% this.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I used to get upset when I realized that guys asking me out "just wanted to have sex" until I realized that 99.99% of normal guys motivation for asking you out is that they WANT to have sex with you (whether now or later). If they can't see you in the bedroom (eventually- and that point varies for each couple) they aren't likely to ask you out ...........

Yep!! This is how the world evolves! Try and take it as a compliment and you will realise that it's actually a normal, good, healthy, natural thing for a man to want a woman. Otherwise there would be no babies in the world.....lol

And remember : 'wanting' sex and 'getting' sex are entirely two different things!! You are in control of that one!! Hoorah!!

But yeah, sift out the creeps!! Let your intentions be known. And just have fun. You really, really need to just go on a date!! It's JUST a date!! :flowerforyou:
  • bregalad5
    Options

But she is college age so would not get the outcast part. What town do you live in Christine? I know it is around the Twin Cities but not sure which one.

Mmmm that's a very, very good point!! My suggestion of Meetup is still very valid, and I think a good suggestion :D
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess I have been wanting a tarantula and now I want one more than everrrr

http://imgur.com/gallery/dBs5k
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I have been wanting a tarantula and now I want one more than everrrr

http://imgur.com/gallery/dBs5k

tumblr_limhdfxpb61qf6fib.gif