I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I confess I have a friend who I want as more than a friend and am getting frustrated

story of my life :( I'm sorry

Story of my life as well...sorry to hear. Hopefully yours ends good!!

I confess y'all should try and make a move. Make your own happy ending - then at least you know whether to move on or not.

I don't have anyone right now but it always happens that I end up crushing on a guy friend.

Same. Then I try because they were all flirty and talking about getting together, and get either laughed at or completely ditched. Then I wind up being their shoulder to cry on when another girl hurts them (can you tell that last part happened to me today?)

Yep. Or in my case you crush on a guy for months then he tells you he likes your friend and you have to help him figure out his game with her which involves spending a crap ton of time with him...and then you're the first call he makes after he finally kisses her.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Seriously, ladies. You ever hear the term "You get what you ask for?" well when you smash it together with "Actions speak louder than words" it explains so much about life. I promise.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I confess I have a friend who I want as more than a friend and am getting frustrated

story of my life :( I'm sorry

Story of my life as well...sorry to hear. Hopefully yours ends good!!

I confess y'all should try and make a move. Make your own happy ending - then at least you know whether to move on or not.

I don't have anyone right now but it always happens that I end up crushing on a guy friend.

Same. Then I try because they were all flirty and talking about getting together, and get either laughed at or completely ditched. Then I wind up being their shoulder to cry on when another girl hurts them (can you tell that last part happened to me today?)

Yep. Or in my case you crush on a guy for months then he tells you he likes your friend and you have to help him figure out his game with her which involves spending a crap ton of time with him...and then you're the first call he makes after he finally kisses her.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Because I live in a teen romantic comedy.

I did it because he asked and I didn't want to say no because I liked spending time with him and it was nice to see him happy even if it wasn't because of me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member

So someone laughed at you and/or ditched you and then you still turned up when they needed a shoulder?!

Oh HELL no. Ninja, if I am interested in more than friendship from a guy I am NOT his friend to be there to comfort him while he dates other ladies. Especially not if I told him how I felt and he LAUGHED/DITCHED me.

AGREED. This behavior would teach me that you neither want, deserve or expect any respect from me as a potential partner.
  • yoovie
    Seriously, ladies. You ever hear the term "You get what you ask for?" well when you smash it together with "Actions speak louder than words" it explains so much about life. I promise.

humps shamelessly
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    it was nice to see him happy even if it wasn't because of me.

That's why I don't ditch my friend. Once I got over my feelings for him and accepted him as "just a friend" (hell, I also realized it never would have even remotely worked anyway) all I want is to see him happy, and he says that's what he wants for me, too. We've cut down our communication dramatically. It's not all that bad... anymore.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member

So someone laughed at you and/or ditched you and then you still turned up when they needed a shoulder?!

Oh HELL no. Ninja, if I am interested in more than friendship from a guy I am NOT his friend to be there to comfort him while he dates other ladies. Especially not if I told him how I felt and he LAUGHED/DITCHED me.

AGREED. This behavior would teach me that you neither want, deserve or expect any respect from me as a potential partner.

You know this is why I think Romance movies are ruinging the world ... Why The Fudge would you do this to yourself... I'm sorry laides and you know I love you but If you keep doing the same thing you always did you will get what you always got......... Man up (or in this care women up) change some tactics and start acting like you are worth it......... YOu guys self destruct yourselves and your giving them the ego boost of a lifetime :noway:
  • bregalad5

I don't understand dating protocol anyway. I've had one boyfriend in my life, and have only been on, like, two first dates. I'm completely clueless. This guy was a friend, we flirted, he acted like he wanted more - even said he did - I got all sorts of confidence, threw myself out there, and got laughed at. This isn't the one who ditched me, btw.

Maybe I'm stupid, and naive, and way too goddamn nice, but the guy is fun to have around as a friend so I keep him around as a friend.
  • jenbit

I don't understand dating protocol anyway. I've had one boyfriend in my life, and have only been on, like, two first dates. I'm completely clueless. This guy was a friend, we flirted, he acted like he wanted more - even said he did - I got all sorts of confidence, threw myself out there, and got laughed at. This isn't the one who ditched me, btw.

Maybe I'm stupid, and naive, and way too goddamn nice, but the guy is fun to have around as a friend so I keep him around as a friend.

Ok that does it.. You .Christine and Kits are coming to Miami (cause I said so) and Kits and I are gonna train you 2 properly ... Shopping make overs and flirting lessons ASAP
  • bregalad5
    Ok that does it.. You .Christine and Kits are coming to Miami (cause I said so) and Kits and I are gonna train you 2 properly ... Shopping make overs and flirting lessons ASAP

Haha sounds like a plan! Just gotta do it soon because I'm moving to Russia or Turkey (haven't decided which offer to accept yet) in August! :P
  • christine24t

But the thing is he isn't a "potential partner." He has made it clear that he doesn't like you/me, so why not continue to be his friend if you like him?

All the guys I've crushed on before have been really good guys and even if they know I like them and they don't like me, they're still fun to be with (but these aren't guys that have laughed or ditched me, that has never happened to me) and they don't appear to be awkward around me. In fact, one of the guys that I liked actually came up to me last year after I lost 50 pounds and told me I was really pretty.
  • jenbit

Haha sounds like a plan! Just gotta do it soon because I'm moving to Russia or Turkey (haven't decided which offer to accept yet) in August! :P

If your moving that far away now is the time to get in all the practice you can...

1. stop watching romantic comidies they are brain posion..The girl who lets the guy cry on her shoulder over another girl is never gonna get that guy...

2. Get you make over now, grab a friend who is not afraid to tell you the truth ,(I find gay men work really well here) and have them go to the salon and shopping with you.They will tell you what works and what is hidious .

3.. Practice, your not gonna see the people where your living at now for a very long time if eve.. Use them as flirt toys , find out what works for you so when you move your ready to start looking around seriously.......

If you never take your first step into handling your *kitten* you will never get anywhere
  • christine24t

Oh my gosh that is exciting! Congratulations for you!
    I don't understand dating protocol anyway. I've had one boyfriend in my life, and have only been on, like, two first dates. I'm completely clueless.

We are sooo similar haha. Except I've not had a boyfriend.
  • bregalad5

If your moving that far away now is the time to get in all the practice you can...

1. stop watching romantic comidies they are brain posion..The girl who lets the guy cry on her shoulder over another girl is never gonna get that guy...

2. Get you make over now, grab a friend who is not afraid to tell you the truth ,(I find gay men work really well here) and have them go to the salon and shopping with you.They will tell you what works and what is hidious .

3.. Practice, your not gonna see the people where your living at now for a very long time if eve.. Use them as flirt toys , find out what works for you so when you move your ready to start looking around seriously.......

If you never take your first step into handling your *kitten* you will never get anywhere

Haha I'm not a huge fan of romantic comedies, and I'm actually going to a Mary Kay make-over party on Sunday. It'll be my first make-over ever! I'm not sure whether I should be excited or terrified...

This will be my fourth time making a huge move abroad. Is it weird I'm more nervous about getting a make-over than moving to another country? :)
  • christine24t
    This will be my fourth time making a huge move abroad. Is it weird I'm more nervous about getting a make-over than moving to another country? :)

You know what is hilarious? I would be terrified to travel to another country (besides an English-speaking country) alone or even with someone, let alone live somewhere in Europe where they don't speak English as a primary language. You have more courage than I'll ever have!

It just goes to show that everyone is scared/fearful of different things.
  • yoovie
    make them have really naughty sex 2
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    i confess... I love being single.
  • yoovie

But the thing is he isn't a "potential partner." He has made it clear that he doesn't like you/me, so why not continue to be his friend if you like him?

All the guys I've crushed on before have been really good guys and even if they know I like them and they don't like me, they're still fun to be with (but these aren't guys that have laughed or ditched me, that has never happened to me) and they don't appear to be awkward around me. In fact, one of the guys that I liked actually came up to me last year after I lost 50 pounds and told me I was really pretty.

because you can be nice and be his friend without allowing him to see you in a light that will ensure that he never shows up one day and says.... YOU.

My closest friends, with the exception of Jen - even my bestie is a man. But we've all taught each other to have mad respect for each other as well. No one has to be the punching bag or the box of Kleenex in order to earn the other person's extended friendship.

If you are crushing on a guy friend, and you try to drop hints and he laughs at you, then he cries to you about another girl - and you allow him to pretend that you don't have feelings - it's telling him that it's ok for him to be selfish in this friendship and that your feelings dont matter.
    If that is what you want him to understand - then dont ever make your friendship fair or dont ever make your friendship a relationship in which you need to be a priority.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    make them have really naughty sex 2
    0_o *starts checking airline fares to Miami*
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I've been sitting here thinking if I've ever crushed on a friend?

I dont think I have!! Or if I have, it's never been for long because I've made my intentions known. And if it's not been reciprocated, well, I either lose the crush and friend zone him, or he's not my friend anymore.

But usually, if I fancy someone, it's a totally different dynamic to friendship.

I agree with Kits and Jen. If you want a guy, you need to FLIRT!! You need to let him know you're interested. How will he ever know if you dont make it clear? You dont treat a love interest the same as any old friend. If you do, you'll be friend zoned. Simple as that really :flowerforyou: .