I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    If you are crushing on a guy friend, and you try to drop hints and he laughs at you, then he cries to you about another girl - and you allow him to pretend that you don't have feelings - it's telling him that it's ok for him to be selfish in this friendship and that your feelings dont matter.

I don't think that is fair though...just because I like him and he doesn't like me (and doesn't laugh at me for it) means that he is selfish? People have un-reciprocated love all the time. It's not his fault that I like him.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    make them have really naughty sex 2
    0_o *starts checking airline fares to Miami*

San Diego is cheaper.

JUST SAYIN
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    make them have really naughty sex 2
    0_o *starts checking airline fares to Miami*

San Diego is cheaper.

JUST SAYIN

:bigsmile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    If you are crushing on a guy friend, and you try to drop hints and he laughs at you, then he cries to you about another girl - and you allow him to pretend that you don't have feelings - it's telling him that it's ok for him to be selfish in this friendship and that your feelings dont matter.

I don't think that is fair though...just because I like him and he doesn't like me (and doesn't laugh at me for it) means that he is selfish? People have un-reciprocated love all the time. It's not his fault that I like him.

No, but the fact that he can dismiss your feelings and even after he knows you feel continue to act as though nothing happened shows that he doesn't care about you.

One of my friends told me he liked me a few years ago and I had to tell him I didn't think about him that way, but I never then talked to him about other guys I was interested in again, I certainly didn't have him help me plot to set him up with one of his friends, or cry to him is someone hurt my feels.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    A little late to this conversation, but this is the story of my life! I always end up having a crush on a guy friend- and its normally the ones thats way outta my league. And I always end up cheering them on in their love pursuit for someone else!

Last week, one guy that I had a tiny crush on (I'll admit that I'm kinda over it) asked me to be his swing dance partner because he knew I could dance well. Then, told me that he was writing a love song for the girl(not me) that he likes and he wanted to run some lines by me to see if I thought they were cheesy.

I said no. They were pretty cheesy though. :)
  • breeshabebe
    Options

No, but the fact that he can dismiss your feelings and even after he knows you feel continue to act as though nothing happened shows that he doesn't care about you.

One of my friends told me he liked me a few years ago and I had to tell him I didn't think about him that way, but I never then talked to him about other guys I was interested in again, I certainly didn't have him help me plot to set him up with one of his friends, or cry to him is someone hurt my feels.

I definately agree with this. Most of the guys that I've liked, didn't really know that I thought of them that way... so crying on my shoulder wasn't really a jerk thing to do.

But I think that its very inconsiderate of someone to mess with your mind like that, just because he's seeking comfort.
  • christine24t
    Options
    A little late to this conversation, but this is the story of my life! I always end up having a crush on a guy friend- and its normally the ones thats way outta my league. And I always end up cheering them on in their love pursuit for someone else!

Last week, one guy that I had a tiny crush on (I'll admit that I'm kinda over it) asked me to be his swing dance partner because he knew I could dance well. Then, told me that he was writing a love song for the girl(not me) that he likes and he wanted to run some lines by me to see if I thought they were cheesy.

I guess if you're gonna write a song it should be cheesy! If a guy sang me a song I'd rather it be super cheesy than serious. But yeah, know where you're coming from as well. I'm known as the advice giver of my friends so I got to hear it all from the guys about what girls they liked.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I confess I just read this quote and thought of how perfectly it describes my love life. haha. sad.

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope”-Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • breeshabebe
    Options

I guess if you're gonna write a song it should be cheesy! If a guy sang me a song I'd rather it be super cheesy than serious. But yeah, know where you're coming from as well. I'm known as the advice giver of my friends so I got to hear it all from the guys about what girls they liked.

I hear ya! I'm the advice giver too! Apparently single gals with few/no relationships are dating geniuses... Who knew?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    <-:noway:
    . This thread is giving me a head ache. I think some of you ladies need to go to Wal Mart, find a doormat. Remove the tag and tattoo it to your forehead.
    :noway: ->
  • christine24t
    Options

I hear ya! I'm the advice giver too! Apparently single gals with few/no relationships are dating geniuses... Who knew?

Hahaha is so true!!
  • christine24t
    Options
    I confess I just read this quote and thought of how perfectly it describes my love life. haha. sad.

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope”-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Love it. Just watched Mad Men and MLK jr died so he's been on my mind today.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options

I'm on season 4! Trying to catch up! JFK just died
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess that dating got a whole lot easier when I realized that love is not a fairy tale and there is no white knight. The end.

ETA - I do understand that is a realization that you each need to come to at your own speed, but once you figure it out you'll feel a lot better about yourself and dating in general...
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I confess, after 7 months of been played, I don't even feel heartbroken anymore.
  • christine24t
    Options

I'm on season 4! Trying to catch up! JFK just died

It is seriously the best show ever.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I confess that dating got a whole lot easier when I realized that love is not a fairy tale and there is no white knight. The end.

ETA - I do understand that is a realization that you each need to come to at your own speed, but once you figure it out you'll feel a lot better about yourself and dating in general...

Words of wisdom here! Great job Mud!
  • breeshabebe
    Options

It does take alot of pressure off of both parties to realize it's not a fairytale. I like what Jenbit said about not watching romance movies, we kinda set ourselves up.
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I confess, after 7 months of been played, I don't even feel heartbroken anymore.

Did you play Kelly Clarkson/ man-hating music in your car and sing along really loud? Man-hating music= easiest way to get over a heart break!
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Did you play Kelly Clarkson/ man-hating music in your car and sing along really loud? Man-hating music= easiest way to get over a heart break!

hahahahah I listened to her at work! Stronger :P lol