I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I confess I am getting a kitty. He is about 1 year old orange tabby. My friends husband says she can't keep him as they since they have too many (4). I am debating on the name and probably won't decided until I actually get him. Possible names: Kirby, Herbie(Hrbek), Harmon, Carew or Jacque. I am leaning toward Harmon.
    He's a year old but doesn't have a name? Where did they find him?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I am getting a kitty. He is about 1 year old orange tabby. My friends husband says she can't keep him as they since they have too many (4). I am debating on the name and probably won't decided until I actually get him. Possible names: Kirby, Herbie(Hrbek), Harmon, Carew or Jacque. I am leaning toward Harmon.

Their neighbor abandoned him when they moved.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I want pics of the new kitty!

null_zps9988aaa5.jpg

just wanted to quote the cute kitty!

and I vote for Kirby
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Oh my god those horrible people! It breaks my heart when people leave their animals behind like furniture :cry:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

Oh my god those horrible people! It breaks my heart when people leave their animals behind like furniture :cry:

Nothing bothers me more than this... why get a pet if they mean that little to you!! I can't even stand the "my new plays doesn't alloy pets" excuse... I would sleep in a F'n tent in the Minnesota winter before I'd abandon Slick at a pound or worse yet leave him behind.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

What about Morris after Jack Morris and the greatest pitching performance in game 7 world series history!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

What about Morris after Jack Morris and the greatest pitching performance in game 7 world series history!!

OMG why did I not think of that, especially with it being a orange cat. Morris that cat.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

OMG why did I not think of that, especially with it being a orange cat. Morris that cat.

Love it!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Nothing bothers me more than this... why get a pet if they mean that little to you!! I can't even stand the "my new plays doesn't alloy pets" excuse... I would sleep in a F'n tent in the Minnesota winter before I'd abandon Slick at a pound or worse yet leave him behind.

Me too. Breaks my heart.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I confess I want pics of the new kitty!

null_zps9988aaa5.jpg

just wanted to quote the cute kitty!

and I vote for Kirby

Awwwwwwww
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Me too. Breaks my heart.

There's a scene in Bolt when the cat is talking about how she was declawed and then abandoned to fend for herself that literally makes me cry every time I see it.

I'm welling up now just thinking about it. I need to hug my animals. Dammit.

So glad you're giving the kitty a furever home Ruth, you're awesome :flowerforyou:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    For the men...

I confess I had a 1st date off Eharmony set up for last night. We had been texting consistently, even yesterday AM. We had picked the date and location, but the time wasn't firm. So yesterday AM when we were texting, I said 'hey we haven't confirmed the time..it 630pm work for you?' I never ever heard back. So I went out with my coworkers.

This AM I get a text apologizing that he had went out with his friend for dinner instead.

REALLY? Do men think they will get away with this? I am not sure the purpose of 1. apologizing after you flake and 2. then saying I went out with my friend instead - ie I did something I thought was better

This has only happened to me once before, and being naive back then I gave him another chance... then another chance after that until it ended miserably! Won't be suckered into that again!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    For the men...

I confess I had a 1st date off Eharmony set up for last night. We had been texting consistently, even yesterday AM. We had picked the date and location, but the time wasn't firm. So yesterday AM when we were texting, I said 'hey we haven't confirmed the time..it 630pm work for you?' I never ever heard back. So I went out with my coworkers.

This AM I get a text apologizing that he had went out with his friend for dinner instead.

REALLY? Do men think they will get away with this? I am not sure the purpose of 1. apologizing after you flake and 2. then saying I went out with my friend instead - ie I did something I thought was better

This has only happened to me once before, and being naive back then I gave him another chance... then another chance after that until it ended miserably! Won't be suckered into that again!

I don't understand, how is this for the men?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    For the men...

Yes we all think this way; it is written in the book of man.

Guy just sounds like he has a flaky character.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    For the men...

I don't understand, how is this for the men?

I do this all the time. It is to weed out the ones with self esteem.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    For the men...

what an @sshole! i would definitely give him another chance. good for u for going out with your own friends and not waiting on him!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    For the men...

the guy must be nuts! Dont take it personally. He's obviously devoid of rational thought! :huh:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was curious what the men thought -- I realize women probably do this too?? But wow...

ETA. You are right Kit. Not sure why it's just for the men lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    For the men...

That's just...wow. :noway: I'd never do such a thing.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Kitty is home. Name still not picked. This is the calmest cool cat I have ever meet.

null_zps5c637a10.jpg