Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    that tail... is so fluffy...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I confess I’d like to do a shameless plug for my latest blog… Mother’s Day for the Supermom… I write one every year… if you have time to read it, I’d love your thoughts/opinions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JanieJack/view/mother-s-day-for-the-supermom-2013-530522

PS: Oh and MM that cat is awesome!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    For the men...

I confess I had a 1st date off Eharmony set up for last night. We had been texting consistently, even yesterday AM. We had picked the date and location, but the time wasn't firm. So yesterday AM when we were texting, I said 'hey we haven't confirmed the time..it 630pm work for you?' I never ever heard back. So I went out with my coworkers.

This AM I get a text apologizing that he had went out with his friend for dinner instead.

REALLY? Do men think they will get away with this? I am not sure the purpose of 1. apologizing after you flake and 2. then saying I went out with my friend instead - ie I did something I thought was better

This has only happened to me once before, and being naive back then I gave him another chance... then another chance after that until it ended miserably! Won't be suckered into that again!

what an @sshole! i would definitely give him another chance. good for u for going out with your own friends and not waiting on him!

I just realized my last post had a typo. I would definitely NOT give him another chance.

p.s. i confess i had fast food today. it was delciious lol. in my defense it was my only meal for the day. lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I confess, I dont understand girls who spend all their time looking for a man, and then spend all their time with their new man trying to get him to be their boyfriend, then spend their time crossing their fingers to finally move in together and not caring that they finally have a boyfriend they wanted and just enjoying him, and wishing so hard they hope he feels the desire emanating from them for him to pop the question, instead of enjoying that he wants to live with them now, then planning the whole wedding for a frenzy of mememememememe and then immediately going OMG TIME FOR ZA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flash forward a handful/ten years and these are the women desperately stomping around the internet and social circles trying to justify their decisions to be mothers, talking about how tired and depressed they are all the time and openly hating non-moms.

maybe if you'd just stopped and enjoyed the man you found instead of trying to put your default-setting life goals on the express lane, you'd feel better about the choices you made and you wouldnt assume that single childless girls are the enemy just because they didnt pick the same - obviously miserable - life that you did.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess that kitty has a name - Chili.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I confess, I dont understand girls who spend all their time looking for a man, and then spend all their time with their new man trying to get him to be their boyfriend, then spend their time crossing their fingers to finally move in together and not caring that they finally have a boyfriend they wanted and just enjoying him, and wishing so hard they hope he feels the desire emanating from them for him to pop the question, instead of enjoying that he wants to live with them now, then planning the whole wedding for a frenzy of mememememememe and then immediately going OMG TIME FOR ZA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flash forward a handful/ten years and these are the women desperately stomping around the internet and social circles trying to justify their decisions to be mothers, talking about how tired and depressed they are all the time and openly hating non-moms.

maybe if you'd just stopped and enjoyed the man you found instead of trying to put your default-setting life goals on the express lane, you'd feel better about the choices you made and you wouldnt assume that single childless girls are the enemy just because they didnt pick the same - obviously miserable - life that you did.

hmm can't help but think u are talking about someone specifically.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

Sounds like what most people go thru as they are growing up and discovering their self worth, values, morals.. and what they can/can't live with in a partner.

I made a 'horrible' decision when I was 23 to date a man 19 years my senior becuase he glossed me over with all this fabulous stuff he could offer me. I knew none the wiser... I was young, needy, desperate, my mom was dying, all my family was 12 hours away.. I fell into the trap. I realized quickly what mistake I had made... he was an alcoholic, in bankruptcy, still married, etc. etc. OMG! Took me 9 years to leave him after we had kids (I wouldn't change them for the world) and now, HELL NO! I have my own boundaries, my self worth, my self esteem, my values and morals, my dealbreakers... becuase I matured, I went thru all this self discovery -- essentially I grew up!

I guess not everyone grows up, but all you can do is worry about yourself and not others.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I was a bit distracted at the gym today by three YUMMY pieces of eye candy... :love: At the same time, it made me work a bit harder, haha
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I confess I was a bit distracted at the gym today by three YUMMY pieces of eye candy... :love: At the same time, it made me work a bit harder, haha

Haha those days are the best when there is a good looking guy to stare at!!
  • kimad
    Options

Sometimes it makes me question why I use the women's only gym, not the co-ed.
  • kimad
    Options
    oops wrong board HAHAH
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I never understood the purpose of a women's only gym.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I never understood the purpose of a women's only gym.

Cos they smell of perfume and not man sweat/farts!!! :laugh: :wink:
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I confess i'm finding it really hard to balance having a healthy lifestyle and dating. Especially since the new guy I'm seeing loves to eat out. I think we have came to a compromise though. We are going to eat out only once a week and the other 2 days each of us will cook for each other.

He is taking me to Austin for memorial weekend. I can't wait! Is it sad that i'm already thinking about what to pack?
  • yoovie
    Options

my three paired up friends who got married a few years ago. They were always chomping at the bit for each stage of life that you're SUPPOSED to do. find a man - rabid. move in together - rabid. before enjoying the living together part - immediately rabid for a ring. Then the next day - wedding planning. Then trying to get pregnant when they got home from honeymoon- which two of them succeeded at. Now they all have like... i dunno kindergartners? maybe the youngest of all their kids is 2. They just swooshed right in and never even considered any other options and now they are constantly talking to anyone who will listen about how they are the nobler human. The ones that forsook everything top bring life into this world. That other women who dont have or want kids or who are 'playing dangerously letting their thirties get there without getting pregnant and just asking for a special needs child!!!!' are missing something in their hearts, or something's broken, or they just dont have enough love to share or they are simply obsessed with themselves and dont want to create life. And Im just like- um hi - right here - childless and 33 - thank you. And they just wait until; we're apart and send me these little messages on facebook about how they only say it for my good and they worry about me not being able to catch up and im wasting my life and im just like....

NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO DO THINGS THE SAME WAY YOU DID. THE DEFAULT WAY.

And it just pisses me off that the older and more capable I get, the more utter crap I get for not quitting and begging some man to marry me. The more successful I become, the more amazing my life gets, the more effort and knowledge I put in and the bigger my world gets and the more I learn about my self and the more adventures I have.... the more 'worried' they are about my failure to be a mother by now. (seriously, bri, you're not one of those selfish self-absorbed women - but you're running out of time befor eyou're going to be stuck being one)

I just dont think its fair that one option is agreed upon by society as being better than the other.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I confess i'm finding it really hard to balance having a healthy lifestyle and dating. Especially since the new guy I'm seeing loves to eat out. I think we have came to a compromise though. We are going to eat out only once a week and the other 2 days each of us will cook for each other.

He is taking me to Austin for memorial weekend. I can't wait! Is it sad that i'm already thinking about what to pack?

NOOOOOOOOOOO that's next week!!!! you better be fantasizing by now!!!!
  • nolachick
    Options

my three paired up friends who got married a few years ago. They were always chomping at the bit for each stage of life that you're SUPPOSED to do. find a man - rabid. move in together - rabid. before enjoying the living together part - immediately rabid for a ring. Then the next day - wedding planning. Then trying to get pregnant when they got home from honeymoon- which two of them succeeded at. Now they all have like... i dunno kindergartners? maybe the youngest of all their kids is 2. They just swooshed right in and never even considered any other options and now they are constantly talking to anyone who will listen about how they are the nobler human. The ones that forsook everything top bring life into this world. That other women who dont have or want kids or who are 'playing dangerously letting their thirties get there without getting pregnant and just asking for a special needs child!!!!' are missing something in their hearts, or something's broken, or they just dont have enough love to share or they are simply obsessed with themselves and dont want to create life. And Im just like- um hi - right here - childless and 33 - thank you. And they just wait until; we're apart and send me these little messages on facebook about how they only say it for my good and they worry about me not being able to catch up and im wasting my life and im just like....

NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO DO THINGS THE SAME WAY YOU DID. THE DEFAULT WAY.

And it just pisses me off that the older and more capable I get, the more utter crap I get for not quitting and begging some man to marry me. The more successful I become, the more amazing my life gets, the more effort and knowledge I put in and the bigger my world gets and the more I learn about my self and the more adventures I have.... the more 'worried' they are about my failure to be a mother by now. (seriously, bri, you're not one of those selfish self-absorbed women - but you're running out of time befor eyou're going to be stuck being one)

I just dont think its fair that one option is agreed upon by society as being better than the other.

oh gosh yes I totally agree with you. One of the things I liked about your profile is that you said you are not a typical 30something year old (your weight loss is pretty awesome too) but I liked your mentality of not having to fit everyone else's definition of a typical woman. I am 26 and I keep getting questions like why are you single, why aren't you married? don't you want kids?
    Of course I want all those things - ONE DAY and when I find the RIGHT guy. I don't want to rush into something i'm not ready for and then regret it later. I plan to get married once and only once, I don't want to be divorced and have 3 kids at 30. (no offense to the single moms). I'm just saying I rather take my time and figure out what I want to do with my life not have some norm shoved down my throat and then get judged because I don't fit that perfect mold.

oh well. one of the biggest things I've realized recently is its ok to be single, I shouldn't be embarrassed because I'm not at the stage in life everyone else thinks I should be at. So yes I know exactly what you mean. sorry this turned into a rant lol.

but thanks for being an awesome female who stands her ground :drinker:
  • nolachick
    Options

what a good distraction and motivation in one :bigsmile:
  • yoovie
    Options
    Yeah, I think that's kind of what's been bothering me. Im not embarassed or ashamed to be single, im proud of what I've done with my life. So to get these judgments that Im doing it wrong or else Id be married by now, or that im selfish, or that im promiscuous - it hurts. Im not defensive because part of me thinks Im wrong... Im defensive because Im tired of being told or having it implied that Im fickle, selfish, superficial and wasting my life.

It's really tough man, being the dumb salmon going against all the other fish.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think that's kind of what's been bothering me. Im not embarassed or ashamed to be single, im proud of what I've done with my life. So to get these judgments that Im doing it wrong or else Id be married by now, or that im selfish, or that im promiscuous - it hurts. Im not defensive because part of me thinks Im wrong... Im defensive because Im tired of being told or having it implied that Im fickle, selfish, superficial and wasting my life.

It's really tough man, being the dumb salmon going against all the other fish.
    All the women I know are like you, so feels pretty "common" to me (especially in bigger cities).

Why do people think it is important to breed more humans? It's just a matter of individual preferences, happiness and timing (and thus, is selfish). The logical (selfless thing) would be to adopt, or avoid breeding to prevent overpopulation from happening. *kitten*.
    That or they are f'in rats and just breed because they can.