I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i confess that the only part of this elimination diet, i am starting tomorrow, that has me worried is the artificial sweeteners.

i have to give up my diet coke..... as in ALLLLL the way. not a single one for 3 weeks.

THAT is gonna be hard! BUT, if that's what's holding me back from getting rid of the fat i want to get rid of, then i need to do it!!!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    First boobie friday coming up ... you guys get the dress pic best I can do right now...

I confess I am going shopping for a killer little black dress to go with those heels toight for a party tomorrow that I am going to with FFWB
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am proud of my packing skills. I was able to pack for winter in MN for 5 days in a carry on. I usually have a hard time doing that in the summer with smaller clothes but was able to do it while packing sweaters, jeans and sweatshirts.

I confess you are my hero! I can't do that even for a weekend trip! I end up with my biggest suitcase and a smaller bag just for toiletries.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I also confess that I am hoping to make some jaws drop in my outfit for tomorrow night
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    i confess that the only part of this elimination diet, i am starting tomorrow, that has me worried is the artificial sweeteners.

i have to give up my diet coke..... as in ALLLLL the way. not a single one for 3 weeks.

THAT is gonna be hard! BUT, if that's what's holding me back from getting rid of the fat i want to get rid of, then i need to do it!!!!

I guarantee you if you fight through the first week and make it, you won't want diet coke anymore. I went cold turkey 2 years ago and haven't had a single soda (either kind) since. Don't even want it...
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess that some men are really, really stupid.

So I am on a dating site and who do I see -- a man that is MARRIED to the daughter of someone I KNOW! The daughter is currently pregnant, due around March. She has had the pregnancy from hell. She is super skinny, diabetic, and had morning sickness throughout the whole pregnancy. She's hooked up to IVs more often then not. He's a navy man, they got married really young, but no reason he should be on a dating site! They are in Florida right now. Yeah, she picked up and dropped everything for this guy.

Now, I know her mom. Not well, but see her from time to time. Do I tell her? How do you drop this bomb right before Christmas? The mom will flip out!! Like crazy flip out!! She's crazy wild on a normal day.

Maybe they are divorced and I don't know about it? Fat chance right? Maybe next time I chat with the mom I'll ask about them and see if she says anything regarding a divorce or what not. Last time I talked to her she said the daughter was coming back here to have the baby as he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan.

What would you do?

OMFG. Is he active on the site? Maybe it was before? that sucks. I would blow his world wide open. But .. that is just me. lol.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I confess that some men are really, really stupid.

So I am on a dating site and who do I see -- a man that is MARRIED to the daughter of someone I KNOW! The daughter is currently pregnant, due around March. She has had the pregnancy from hell. She is super skinny, diabetic, and had morning sickness throughout the whole pregnancy. She's hooked up to IVs more often then not. He's a navy man, they got married really young, but no reason he should be on a dating site! They are in Florida right now. Yeah, she picked up and dropped everything for this guy.

Now, I know her mom. Not well, but see her from time to time. Do I tell her? How do you drop this bomb right before Christmas? The mom will flip out!! Like crazy flip out!! She's crazy wild on a normal day.

Maybe they are divorced and I don't know about it? Fat chance right? Maybe next time I chat with the mom I'll ask about them and see if she says anything regarding a divorce or what not. Last time I talked to her she said the daughter was coming back here to have the baby as he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan.

What would you do?

Vomit. That sucks sorry you're in the position to have to make that decision. If it were me I think my mom might be the person I'd want to hear it from but my mom isn't crazy so not sure.

I came to this thread to confess that I am sort of drunk which is rare and am having an enormous self pity crisis but the sick pregnant lady with the scum husband trumps me.

Awww, that absolutely sucks that you found yourself in the middle of that. Question is, would you want to know if it was your husband? My guess is yes. The hardest part is finding the right time and way to tell her.

Jules- Hope you're ok today! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I confess that there is someone on MFP that I am completely smitten with and I wish we lived remotely close to each other.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Let's see....

Cesar - Good luck!! Seize the day! You are an absolute cutie and they should be making those comments. So take full advantage. :)

Jennifer....I'm absolutely curious. :)

I missed who posted about the friend on the dating site, but I would ignore it. I've seen similar things and while I hate it, unless it's family, I stay out because I don't know if their family situation (open marriage, separated, etc).

MissingMN - Have an aweseom trip! When do you leave?

Jen - If it looks half as good as your profile pic, you'll have no problem!! :)
  • jenbit
    Options
    Let's see....

Cesar - Good luck!! Seize the day! You are an absolute cutie and they should be making those comments. So take full advantage. :)

Jennifer....I'm absolutely curious. :)

I missed who posted about the friend on the dating site, but I would ignore it. I've seen similar things and while I hate it, unless it's family, I stay out because I don't know if their family situation (open marriage, separated, etc).

Jen - If it looks half as good as your profile pic, you'll have no problem!! :)

Awww thanks but this isnt the dress I havent bought it yet lol I want a little black one
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I also confess that I am hoping to make some jaws drop in my outfit for tomorrow night

Go on with your bad self.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I leave for the airport in about oh 30 mins so won't be around much until next Thursday.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I leave for the airport in about oh 30 mins so won't be around much until next Thursday.

Yay!!! ENJOY!!! I'm originally from WI....and, feeling a little homesick. So, throw a snow ball for me!! :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess that there is someone on MFP that I am completely smitten with and I wish we lived remotely close to each other.

I confess I wanna knoooooowwwwww! HAhaha!

I confess that The Hobbit was SO MUCH FUN and I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously <3
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    All right .. don't throw stones at me .. I feel like I read The Hobbit in high school? Is this something I should be more familiar with??
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    All right .. don't throw stones at me .. I feel like I read The Hobbit in high school? Is this something I should be more familiar with??

You probably did read it then. It is the pre-quel to Lord of the Rings
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

*resisting nerd raaaage*

Hahaha, I'm kidding. I feel like it's such a part of everyday culture because my dad raised me reading books like this to me when I was too young to read for myself. But it's the story of Bilbo's adventure, and Bilbo is the uncle of Frodo from Lord Of The Rings. It tells how he came across the ring, sting, the mithril armor and sets the ground for middle earth.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Me too! Who, who, who!!??
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Me too! Who, who, who!!??

Me three!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those that offered advice regarding the married man on the dating site. I have decided to not say anything unless the mom brings up anything regarding them getting divorced, etc.

Jen - last night he was online when I was. I was thinking it was possible that it could be an old profile, but then I saw that he was online so he's currently active on it. Nice guy, eh?

I feel horrible for this girl. She's maybe 21 years old. Picked up and left her family, friends, and everything she knew to be with him and follow him with his navy career.

I asked one of my best friends here who is currently engaged if it was her in this scenario. She said she would want to know, but she would want me to tell her mom and then have her mom break the news to her. But one of your best friends and someone you kinda know are totally different. If it was my best friend's husband on a dating site I would have written him, taken photo proof of his profile, and kick his butt into the next century.