I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess I hate all wines. My coworker has been trying to change my mind by having me try chocolate wine. I tried it earlier today and I still hate it.

Barefoot Moscato is the best ever! Try it!

A couple people at work have said that as well regarding this wine .. I haven't tried it, but they LOVE it.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I confess I hate all wines. My coworker has been trying to change my mind by having me try chocolate wine. I tried it earlier today and I still hate it.

Barefoot Moscato is the best ever! Try it!

A couple people at work have said that as well regarding this wine .. I haven't tried it, but they LOVE it.

I am an Arbor Mist girl..lol. It is bubbly and tastes like a wine cooler. I also like Red Cat.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

What kind of drinks do you like? Are you a beer person, a mixed drink person or a straight booze person? That way we will be able to suggest something for you to try.
    Beer. My preference is stouts and porters. I don't really like hoppy beers. The smoother, the better. I have tried whites, reds, and purple wines, never liked them. It burned my throat going down. Had no flavor to me and felt like I was drinking rubbing alcohol.

Hmm...I'm stumped. I'm a stout and porter girl too - hence the having to lose 40+ pounds (yeah, I liked them and fried food a bit too much).

I'm gonna suggest if you want to like wine (there's really no reason to with all the great beers in this world!) but go to a winery or specialty grocery store and ask for their best $20 bottle of Cabernet (ask for something not oaky), that's about the price where they get good and it's not stupid expensive. Cabs are rich, smooth and easy to drink, IMO. Wineries will allow you to sample before you buy so you can try them out before hand. Went to 2 this weekend myself.

My boyfriend is a beer guy, but when I drag him to wineries, that's typically where his tastes lie. He also like Syrahs but I think they are horrible! :noway:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I hate wine too.. But I love most other forms of alcohol.

I confess that I'm super excited that my bar is throwing a PJ party on Christmas eve (kids go to dad's on christmas eve come back Christmas day that way we both get the holiday) and its ladies night so freak vodka drinks woohoo:drinker: We really need a dancing smiley lol
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I confess I love bourbon! I drink bourbon and bourbon sometimes with a little ice and sometimes a splash of gingerale

I also confess i would like to be at a bar that has pajama parties...sounds like a recipe for alcohol and lingerie! Im in
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess I would just wear my fox pj's to a PJ party at a bar :laugh:
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I confess that my work is doing this thing called "You just got elfed" .. where someone leaves a package at your door with a sign taped to it saying that you got elfed. Then you have to go out and get *kitten* for 2 people and elf them. My first thought when I saw it .. oh Jesus****ingChrist.

My divorce has killed Christmas for me. And every other holiday. I used to love them all. I have decorations for every single holiday. I would replace all of my home decor with holiday stuff .. everything. Holidays were always such a family thing for me and he destroyed that. I don't even enjoy them anymore. I did nothing for Halloween. Nothing for Thanksgiving. I have my tree up and stockings up .. nothing else. I have three bins of Christmas decorations in my basement. I did nothing. It's kind of sad actually.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I confess I just read that as your work is doing something called "You just got effed." Perhaps you should change the sign to that and give an opened bottle of glue and construction paper to the next two. It would be fitting since you work at a school.

Sorry to hear about your feelings about the Holidays. I think you are giving your ex way too much credit though. You are responsible for how you feel and how you act. He has no control over you.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I confess that my work is doing this thing called "You just got elfed" .. where someone leaves a package at your door with a sign taped to it saying that you got elfed. Then you have to go out and get *kitten* for 2 people and elf them. My first thought when I saw it .. oh Jesus****ingChrist.

My divorce has killed Christmas for me. And every other holiday. I used to love them all. I have decorations for every single holiday. I would replace all of my home decor with holiday stuff .. everything. Holidays were always such a family thing for me and he destroyed that. I don't even enjoy them anymore. I did nothing for Halloween. Nothing for Thanksgiving. I have my tree up and stockings up .. nothing else. I have three bins of Christmas decorations in my basement. I did nothing. It's kind of sad actually.
    I confess that this makes me very sad... You're so sweet, and I want you to be happy!

Take your holidays back! He doesn't control your life and you have every to enjoy yourself. Especially at this time of year... Find something Christmas-y to do and DO IT!

I really, truly hope you can get back into the spirit and enjoy yourself. I remember being so depressed a year ago that I couldn't leave my bed, I watched the holidays pass by and I didn't even blink. I wish someone would have dragged my *kitten* out of bed and made me go Christmas shopping or something. Hope it gets better...

*hugs*
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I confess that this makes me very sad... You're so sweet, and I want you to be happy!

Take your holidays back! He doesn't control your life and you have every to enjoy yourself. Especially at this time of year... Find something Christmas-y to do and DO IT!

I really, truly hope you can get back into the spirit and enjoy yourself. I remember being so depressed a year ago that I couldn't leave my bed, I watched the holidays pass by and I didn't even blink. I wish someone would have dragged my *kitten* out of bed and made me go Christmas shopping or something. Hope it gets better...

*hugs*

I confess that I know where you ladies are both coming from... been there, done that. No more. I'm done putting my life on hold over a past relationship. But aren;t we all here to support one another anyway and remind each other of that? Go forth and be Merry!!! :drinker:

Oh and I thought that you post said "effed" at first too! :laugh:
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I confess I just read that as your work is doing something called "You just got effed." Perhaps you should change the sign to that and give an opened bottle of glue and construction paper to the next two. It would be fitting since you work at a school.

Sorry to hear about your feelings about the Holidays. I think you are giving your ex way too much credit though. You are responsible for how you feel and how you act. He has no control over you.

Its not even that I am sad that we are no longer together .. I just don't enjoy them anymore. I have to spend a ton of money that I no longer have because of the divorce. I have to give up my kid for half of the holiday. While I love giving gifts to my son and love watching him open them and we have cinnamon rolls every year .. it is over in an hour and he leaves. I am then left alone in my house, crashed out from the sugar and surrounded by a giant mess. It sucks.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

Oh and I thought that you post said "effed" at first too! :laugh:

It might as well say that! lol. Because now I have to go out and buy two people presents with the money I don't have! lol
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I confess I will stop being such a downer. Merrrrrrrrry Christmas Peepers!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

*hugs*

Awwwww, I confess I love Sam :heart: And I love Jen :heart: I realise that this is lady love, but I dont care :love:

I also confess to hating xmas since I lost my Mum 3 years ago :sad:

But listen girls, we have the power to be miserable or we have the power to smile - so lets just :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile::bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

babey__1_.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I confess that I don't really do much for Christmas. Everyone in my office was making fun of me because my decoration this year is a poinsettia plant. My parents come in to town (this year longer than normal because of where Christmas falls), we don't eat traditional food (typically we make lasagna) - we buy gifts but very limited spending. No tree, no decorations. I wouldn't say I'm Scrooge but I just don't understand the big fuss over the holidays period. People stress out about what gifts they'll buy with the limited money they have (let's face it, no one has that much these days), the roads get busier and everyone gets irritated.

I think if I had kids I'd be more in the spirit, for them, but I've never been a big Holiday's person...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess the first Christmas after my husband left was horrible but I rebounded quickly. You wanna get in the spirit Jen go to the mall andwatch the kids sit on Santa's lap always makes me smile.:bigsmile:

I confess that I'm wearing my snoopy Christmas fuffly pants and a blue tank top to the pj party at the bar lol(most of my pj are not appropriate for outside the bedroom lol)
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

*hugs*

Awwwww, I confess I love Sam :heart: And I love Jen :heart: I realise that this is lady love, but I dont care :love:

I also confess to hating xmas since I lost my Mum 3 years ago :sad:

But listen girls, we have the power to be miserable or we have the power to smile - so lets just :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile::bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

babey__1_.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif

I confess I have lady love for both you toooooooo! :heart:

I also confess that Anna .. that rock and roll baby freaks me out .. lolol

Thanks Jen .. :flowerforyou: have fun at the bar!!!!

Kris .. we have ziti on christmas eve! lol. We do the usual stuff on Christmas day.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I confess I just totally flirted with this dude that came in to register his child and he didn't even notice! lol

*kicks rock*
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess I just totally flirted with this dude that came in to register his child and he didn't even notice! lol

*kicks rock*

Did you take off your shirt? strip.gif
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

*kicks rock*

Did you take off your shirt? strip.gif

Hahaha! maybe I should have! lol