I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I confess that even though I like to live vicariously through my friends' dating lives I'd love to have one of my own as well!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess that to get back on the wagon 3 of my friends are doing a biggest loser comp. We are using MFP and every day we go over our calories its $1 in the pot, every week we don't work out at least 3 times for 30 mins its $5, everyday we don't meet our water consumption its $1. There were a couple other things as well I just can't remember them. Highest % lost after 1 week gets the calories over and water consumption pot, highest % lost for the month gets the rest of the pot, if you have the highest total % lost over 2 months you get a pedicure and a $30 gift certificate. This starts on Dec 31st since it is the first monday after they are back from Chirstmas with the family.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I confess that to get back on the wagon 3 of my friends are doing a biggest loser comp. We are using MFP and every day we go over our calories its $1 in the pot, every week we don't work out at least 3 times for 30 mins its $5, everyday we don't meet our water consumption its $1. There were a couple other things as well I just can't remember them. Highest % lost after 1 week gets the calories over and water consumption pot, highest % lost for the month gets the rest of the pot, if you have the highest total % lost over 2 months you get a pedicure and a $30 gift certificate. This starts on Dec 31st since it is the first monday after they are back from Chirstmas with the family.

Thanks is an awesome way of doing it. I've been wanting to start something like that at my work (because lord knows we have some peeps around here that could afford it), but I didn't know how to go about it. I'd like to use a few of your "rewards" if I ever get a group going. Thanks for the idea!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I confess, I want to go somewhere on New Year's Eve but I have not the foggiest idea where a single woman can go. A movie seems a bit tame and lacking in the celebration libation department. But going out to a club means watching an endless parade of couples doing the bump and grind on the dance floor.

It's not that I'm bitter (even though I am) it would just feel weird to end up the only one solo in a crowd of couples.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess, I want to go somewhere on New Year's Eve but I have not the foggiest idea where a single woman can go. A movie seems a bit tame and lacking in the celebration libation department. But going out to a club means watching an endless parade of couples doing the bump and grind on the dance floor.

It's not that I'm bitter (even though I am) it would just feel weird to end up the only one solo in a crowd of couples.

Do you have any single friends? What about a wine or martini bar instead of a club?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Do you have any single friends? What about a wine or martini bar instead of a club?

Nope, I'll be completely by myself. All my friends are long since married. A bar might be a good idea, but if I get bored I'm stuck there until I'm legal to drive. At least in a club I can occupy myself by making a fool out of myself dancing until the buzz wears off.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am totally going to the bar tonight and at this point I have no clue which guy I am going with lol.......

I confess I took a new boobie pics for today and emailed it to myself but it still has not made it to my email :grumble:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess that I took a boobie shot but I am too shy to put it up .. so this is all you get! lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I have two of the best friends. They bought me a plane ticket home to see my mom for her birthday next month. I am going to surprise her. My mom has cancer and has been given 3-6 months to live in November. I can't stop crying at work.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess I have two of the best friends. They bought me a plane ticket home to see my mom for her birthday next month. I am going to surprise her. My mom has cancer and has been given 3-6 months to live in November. I can't stop crying at work.

Ruth! I am so very sorry! :frown: :brokenheart:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Ruth, I'm sorry to hear that too. We're all here to support you.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

Ruth I am so sorry to hear the news. Best wishes to you and your family. What a nice thing for your friends to do.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. We are all here to support you and more importantly make you laugh...LOL You have some awesome friends!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess I spent most of my afternoon at work flexing and looking at the muscles I'd forgot I even had...personal training is kicking my *kitten* but i love the results!

Haha, I confess I catch myself doing that too from time to time
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

Absolutely - sending sympathies over the net. What wonderful friends, though!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

*hug* How wonderful of your friends, and I'm so sorry for your news.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

*hug* How wonderful of your friends, and I'm so sorry for your news.

Thanks everyone.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. :flowerforyou: I hope you get to spend the best time together and create memories that you'll never forget.

Your friends rock! :heart:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Oh no... I'm so sorry. Those are some great friends you have, though.

If you need anything, we're all here!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I had the most amazing time with somone last night. We will call him the music man lol. We went to my bar and he bought a bottle of Champange and then we had some beer. We talked for about 3 hours about music and just caught up a lot. He kept telling me how gorgeous I am lol. A little back story on this guy we've hung out a few times with a bunch of friends and flirted quite freely but I was told by someone else that he doesnt date women with kids so I just put it down to harmless flirtation. Well one of the last times we hung out he asked me how come we've never gone out on a date and I told him I heard you don't date women with kids. He said I know who told you that and its not true I don't normally date women with kids. He meantioned last night again that we should date and I told him you've said that before and never acted on it.... It was cute we kept "casually" touching each other.

Hes coming over Wednesday to watch a movie. I bringing the popcorn, he's brinking sparkling wine lol