I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess I have two of the best friends. They bought me a plane ticket home to see my mom for her birthday next month. I am going to surprise her. My mom has cancer and has been given 3-6 months to live in November. I can't stop crying at work.

I'm so sorry to hear this. That's great of your friends. Sending big hugs!! :flowerforyou:
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I confess that the last few days have been good and bad. I drove the kids to their father's house. 24 hours of driving, plus a trip to the child support office within 30 hours. But, the kids were happy to see him and I was able to get the paperwork done in person, so that was a bonus.

The new man was supposed to leave for his parents' yesterday, but delayed his trip until this morning so we could have a little time together before Christmas. While I was still on the road, he asked me to come to his house instead of mine. It ended up being a really nice day of getting to know each other. We ran a few errands, he showed me some things for the motorcycle (we talked about taking rides next summer), made dinner together and even played a few rounds of pool together last night. He brought me to his local shops, holding my hand and introducing me as his girlfriend. :) I also gave him his Christmas present since he's gone now. He loved it and said it was perfect. So, all is good so far. :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I am at work on Christmas eve.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm probably going to put on a few pounds over the next couple of days.

And I'm not even that upset about it.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

I confess that I am too.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I confess that I am too.

I confess I did. I am off now :drinker:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that the PJ party is tonight at the bar yay:bigsmile: :drinker:

I confess that I can't wait to watch my kids destroy the wrapping that took me hours.

I confess I am very excited about Wens night when Mr. Music is coming over to watch a movie :blushing:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

I confess that I am too.

Why are both of you working today?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess that I miss my dog and cats... and I've been here one day and I'm sick of all the drama and would very much like to go home. Counting down the days to January 7th...
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Sorry you all had to work today. I enjoyed some retail therapy. :)
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

I confess that I am too.

I can only speak for myself but I'd have to burn vacation time to take the day off.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I confess I worked til 7:45 Am today then slept til 12:30 and I am exhausted!
    I also confess I warned my mom tonight that it might take me many years to meet a man and have kids with him...she wants grand kids so bad but I think she's happy to know that I want a quality man!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess that my work is doing this thing called "You just got elfed" .. where someone leaves a package at your door with a sign taped to it saying that you got elfed. Then you have to go out and get *kitten* for 2 people and elf them. My first thought when I saw it .. oh Jesus****ingChrist.

My divorce has killed Christmas for me. And every other holiday. I used to love them all. I have decorations for every single holiday. I would replace all of my home decor with holiday stuff .. everything. Holidays were always such a family thing for me and he destroyed that. I don't even enjoy them anymore. I did nothing for Halloween. Nothing for Thanksgiving. I have my tree up and stockings up .. nothing else. I have three bins of Christmas decorations in my basement. I did nothing. It's kind of sad actually.

I'm just catching up.... I feel the same way on holidays! In fact we didn't even put up the big tree this year just small trees in the kids' rooms. I blamed it on the cat but really I just wasn't in the spirit.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess that tonight Mr. Music is coming over to watch a movie :bigsmile: Lets see what happens :wink:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I confess that I am too.

I can only speak for myself but I'd have to burn vacation time to take the day off.

The max allowed off at one time per team is 2 but since we have all switched teams that 6 out of the 10 were off. Chirstmas eve is not a bank holiday so I had to work. Oh and I am at work today too.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm just catching up.... I feel the same way on holidays! In fact we didn't even put up the big tree this year just small trees in the kids' rooms. I blamed it on the cat but really I just wasn't in the spirit.

Awww. It's just not the same. Kids deserve the BIG Christmas tree.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm sitting here at the coffee shop pretending to go on my phone but I'm really listening to the conversation next to me and trying not to laugh!!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Awww. It's just not the same. Kids deserve the BIG Christmas tree.

I agree... but, the first year after my divorce I didn't put up a tree using the excuse that we were in a new apartment and that they were going to their dad's anyway. Well, my little munchkins dug out a small tree while I was sleeping one morning and said that I "had" to have a tree even if they weren't going to be there. I learned my lesson and we've had our tree up since, even though they aren't in town anyway. Little monsters... ;)
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess that I'm super bumed cause my movie night with Mr. Music got cancelled. He called me when I got outta work and sound like death warmed over. He caught that virus thats going around :grumble: .....So after a crappy crazy day yesterday it was just the cherry
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I can't wait for New Years Eve because I get to wear the outfit I had planned for the formal Christmas event but couldn't go because I had the flu. I have been pinning way to many hair and makeup ideas on pintrest.