I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I finally got my NROLFW and now I'm sad cause I cant go to the gym for atleast a week till my ankle heals.....

BTW P like the new pic^^^

NROLFW?

And, I concur. Nice pic. :)

New rules of lifting for women ...... Basically the bible of lifting for ladies as I've heard it from my other female friends who lift.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've been listening to One Direction straight for an hour and a half.

I also confess I have no idea how you guys have the balls to go to a Meetup group with people you don't know. I'd be scared sh!tless.

I'm utterly terrified to tell the truth.

But I really want to learn how to knit. And Rufio playing with other dogs is good.

I was nerveous for my first meetup that I went to, my first was an informational meeting for a kickball team that was held at a tavern. I did look to see that it was a good mix of guys and girls on the meetup list when I decided I would go. If it was all guys or all girls I probably wouldn't have gone, if it was all guys I would have been awkward and if it was all girls I would have assumed they all already knew eachother and would have been the third wheel. There really isn't any informational meetings any more and just pick up games for newbies or the once a month social. I don't know if I was just lucky and found a good group of people or what. There was less than 200 people in the group when I joined and now it has over 1000 members. I actually dragged Angie (NCTravelgirl) out ot one of the socials one night since she was friends with the yoga instructor the group uses for their yoga classes.

Eek, I didn't check any of those things! I'm betting that the knitting group is mostly women... and I'm not going to stress about it because I did post that I was a complete neophyte and I hoped no one minded if I came along just wanting to learn how to start and the feedback was positive.

The dog stuff will be easy because it's about Rufio. If there's one thing that I have utter and complete confidence in it's my training skills and my dog. Though one of the groups is thinking about doing a "you and your dog" speed dating event that sounds hilarious.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Desert in the UAE last week. At sundown, obviously. After a rather unsuccessful attempt at sandboarding. It was like surfing in mashed potatoes...

--P
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Desert in the UAE last week. At sundown, obviously. After a rather unsuccessful attempt at sandboarding. It was like surfing in mashed potatoes...

--P

The mind boggles! Made with butter and milk, or water and low-fat-spread? :wink: I've always wanted to visit certain parts of the Arab world, including the UAE, but I suspect I'd be a threat to my own well-being. I'm far too opinionated for that part of the world :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Eek, I didn't check any of those things! I'm betting that the knitting group is mostly women... and I'm not going to stress about it because I did post that I was a complete neophyte and I hoped no one minded if I came along just wanting to learn how to start and the feedback was positive.

The dog stuff will be easy because it's about Rufio. If there's one thing that I have utter and complete confidence in it's my training skills and my dog. Though one of the groups is thinking about doing a "you and your dog" speed dating event that sounds hilarious.

Both of those sound like fun! Although, I tried knitting once and was horrible...LOL
    ew rules of lifting for women ...... Basically the bible of lifting for ladies as I've heard it from my other female friends who lift.

Gotcha. I hope your foot heals soon!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have a giant girl boner for a very very hot man that only wants me for my girl part ..lol :wink:

I also confess that I am afraid he is a killer so I don't know if I can meet him .. :embarassed:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I just priced out open-ended airfare to MN for next month. $1500!. I can get a round trip ticket, pay a change fee of 150 and the difference in the ticket price for about 1/3 of that.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I confess I just priced out open-ended airfare to MN for next month. $1500!. I can get a round trip ticket, pay a change fee of 150 and the difference in the ticket price for about 1/3 of that.

Some airlines discount tickets for situations where a family member is sick/hospitalized/etc. Have you been able to search that?
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Some airlines discount tickets for situations where a family member is sick/hospitalized/etc. Have you been able to search that?

You have to fly within 3 days of booking the flight and it is still more expensive than buying a round trip now and paying the change fee. Last time I had to use it was for my grandmother's funeral and it was about 600 for a round trip ticket not open ended. I think they hike up the price as they want don't want any last minute passangers.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

You have to fly within 3 days of booking the flight and it is still more expensive than buying a round trip now and paying the change fee. Last time I had to use it was for my grandmother's funeral and it was about 600 for a round trip ticket not open ended. I think they hike up the price as they want don't want any last minute passangers.

That's so strange, why would they even offer open ended as an option then? Do people actually use them?
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess <<<<< this is my fatty fat fat picture... August 2010 my 30th birthday... Don't worry it's only up for the day and just think tomorrow is Boobie Friday lol
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I confess that I not only am I not single, I am giving my notice at work and moving 2.5 hours away to VT to live with the guy I have been dating ..... New job starts 2/25 .... guess I'm not really part of the single peeps anymore
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I confess that I not only am I not single, I am giving my notice at work and moving 2.5 hours away to VT to live with the guy I have been dating ..... New job starts 2/25 .... guess I'm not really part of the single peeps anymore

That has to be pretty thrilling!! Some risk involved but a lot of excitement!!
  • jenbit
    Options

Good luck though happy thoughts your way
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am out of here for a while. =)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Have you checked Frontier or Southwest? Sometimes they have good deals on their websites.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Have you checked Frontier or Southwest? Sometimes they have good deals on their websites.

Neither fly from Charlotte. Charlotte is a United/US airways hub while Minneapolis/St. Paul is a Delta Hub. It would be cheaper if I was able to fly hub to hub within the same airline.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!

Been there done that, 18 hours by myself in a car one way takes a lot of the time out of the vacation time I have.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

wow good luck.