I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I confess I got a cold sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach Saturday morning. :sick: So I am at the gym putting my jacket, and other misc. stuff away in one of the lockers. Getting ready for the weigh loss challenge weigh in later, which after dropping only ½ a pound the 1st week of the challenge, I dropped 4 this week:glasses: , walk a few laps to warm up, do some heavy lifting, and cardio when a wild attractive:love:, tall and extremely fit blonde appears! (Pokemon reference animated-pokeball.gif:laugh: )

She has this huge smile on her face and starts talking to me. She says she has noticed me for a while and almost didn't recognize me. She noticed I have been losing weight, been coming a lot, etc etc. I felt like a deer in headlights. I was completely caught off guard. :embarassed:

Woman: " I always see you in here all the time! You look so great!"
    Me: Thanks!
    Woman: How much have you lost?
    Me: Well, I never got a starting weight, but between 170-180 lbs.

Her mouth kinda dropped open a little and I thought Oh...crap I knew this would happen one day. Someone would approach me and talk about how they always see me at the gym. I had planned for this situation in my head. Say I've lost about 30 lbs, which is what I have lost all of 2012, and not almost 200 lbs. Brain plans one thing, mouth decides something else. :grumble:

She was in awe, said I was a huge inspiration, said her name, which I completely forgot. I think it started with a S, and wished me a good morning. I started getting a bit nervous afterwards. Outside of MFP in real life, very few people know about my starting weight or how much I have lost. I rarely talk about it to strangers offline. Except for 2 of my friends that go to the gym, no one else there knows. I don't talk about it.

The biggest reason is the attention. I don't like being the center of attention. It's like that phobia of public speaking in front of hundreds of people. All those people looking at you. I can't explain why I don't get that feeling when I do Zumba. Being the only guy in the Zumba class with 20-30 other women, of course I'll get stares. I notice them a bit. I think it has to do with my moobs (man boobs) and having convinced myself that they blend in with all the other boobs in the class. :laugh: Though they are really small now, slowly transforming from moobs to pecs. I hoping that the blonde woman, I think her name was Sarah, doesn't have many friends, and that word doesn't get around about that guy that has lost tons of weight:indifferent:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    . I hoping that the blonde woman, I think her name was Sarah, doesn't have many friends, and that word doesn't get around about that guy that has lost tons of weight:indifferent:

Stand tall and stand proud Cesar, you've done an amazing job :flowerforyou:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    . I hoping that the blonde woman, I think her name was Sarah, doesn't have many friends, and that word doesn't get around about that guy that has lost tons of weight:indifferent:

You're so amazing and one day you're gonna know it for sure, and flaunt it allll over town ;D.

And be careful... People think I say Sarah when I tell them that my name is Sam. So she might be Sam.

Just kidding... Kind of.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

You're so amazing and one day you're gonna know it for sure, and flaunt it allll over town ;D.

I totally agree! Stop being shy about what you've accomplished and be proud!

Maybe you don't see it yet, but if you are capable of controlling this, you can handle anything life throws at you. Women see this about you!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Maybe you don't see it yet, but if you are capable of controlling this, you can handle anything life throws at you. Women see this about you!

Cesar you need to start thinking of your weight loss as an accopmpishment. When Sarah heard how much you lost I am sure she thinks "Wow this guy is dedicated to making himself better and has come a long way" not anything negative.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that the pajama party idea I had for the party last night turned out awesome! 60+ people in comfortable clothes drinking and dancing especially after the last parties have all been full on dress up like the NYE party. Dropping it low in slippers and pajama bottoms so much easier than 4+ inch heels.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Cesar you need to start thinking of your weight loss as an accopmpishment. When Sarah heard how much you lost I am sure she thinks "Wow this guy is dedicated to making himself better and has come a long way" not anything negative.

All of this!! :) Be proud! :)
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I confess that the pajama party idea I had for the party last night turned out awesome! 60+ people in comfortable clothes drinking and dancing especially after the last parties have all been full on dress up like the NYE party. Dropping it low in slippers and pajama bottoms so much easier than 4+ inch heels.

That sounds like so much fun!!! :))
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone. I'm not ashamed. I guess I am just not used to the attention. It just really kinda shocked me a little bit. It was the first time someone I didn't know, approach me out of the blue.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone. I'm not ashamed. I guess I am just not used to the attention. It just really kinda shocked me a little bit. It was the first time someone I didn't know, approach me out of the blue.

That's so awesome, you have earned the right to be proud :3
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am back from vacation- and all of you Florida people didn't have it qite warm enough. I thought you guys would have flipped this topic again.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I need more arguments on here to read today as I haven't been able to access our processing system all day. 6 hours in and no work done.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I confess I really want to skip class tonight, and can't because it is the first night :(

It is snowing here, already have over an inch, and it is supposed to turn to freezing rain and ice. Not exactly ideal driving conditions for 40 min. commute to school.

I might have to skip.........5 accidents in the town I work in just on the highway--ugh!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    No....no more arguments...

I confess that I'm only working a half day and haven't done a damn thing.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I confess I really want to skip class tonight, and can't because it is the first night :(

It is snowing here, already have over an inch, and it is supposed to turn to freezing rain and ice. Not exactly ideal driving conditions for 40 min. commute to school.

I might have to skip.........5 accidents in the town I work in just on the highway--ugh!

Stay home Moe, there's no point taking risks in bad weather. The lecturer probably wont even make it in!! :flowerforyou:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    They cancelled ...... wahooo!!! FINALLY!!!
    No worries about driving in crappy weather...just have to get home now.... work to home is all of 5-7 minutes :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess I need more arguments on here to read today as I haven't been able to access our processing system all day. 6 hours in and no work done.

LOL, sorry, only healthy productive debates for me from now on!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    They cancelled ...... wahooo!!! FINALLY!!!
    No worries about driving in crappy weather...just have to get home now.... work to home is all of 5-7 minutes :)

Very good!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I have never been so happy for the processing system to come up at work. Was about to ask if I could just leave for the day.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I could never work in a gardening store as I always giggle when I say the word bush. It is the 11 year old in me.