What workout did you do today?

Options

Replies

• rhoades716
    Options
    Finished Plyo Cardio Circuit today, Finally the end of week 1. I made it! Just got to keep pushing it.

My shoulders don't necessarily hurt, but I am pretty gassed with those ab workouts near the end. Every time he yells in and I bring my knees in I feel like I am going to hurl. Great workout though! LOL
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Had my rest day while I was at my parents...their house was built in 1895, so you can imagine what my jumping around the living room would have been like lol! Especially with all my moms glass collectables. So I completed Plyo today and my first week is complete. Looking forward to making it through a second week!
  • careycm616
    Options
    Did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs again today, Day 17. Looking forward to Recovery tomorrow
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 2 today! Plyo. Boy was that hard!

Things I learned... I am out of shape, I have a bad right hip and my carpet is super comfy.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    I was surprised. Until the moment that the Level 1 Drills started, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. That's not to say that this overweight 43 year old found it easy, but I was thinking I was something. That is, until those level 1 drills. Holy cow. In the time it took them to do one four-pushup/plank-run/get-up/get-down, I will still in the run. I did only 1 push up and 6 steps per set. They did three sets to my one. At the end I had a hard time just getting up.

Positives: did every one of those stinkin' basketball jumps in all three sets.

Negatives: did I mention I hate the level 1 drills?

:)

Note: Within 10 minutes of me finishing, my 18 year old son surprised me with a meal ready and the dishes nearly done already. Of course, he told me all the things I did wrong in my form... :)
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great job raggyanndoll! Those level one drills are tough! I can't keep up with them either!
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Today I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit. It was like doing them for the first time, so much sweat! I do notice improvement in de warm up. Would always take breaks there, now I didn't have to ( which resulted in being totally kaput when starting the actual workout, lol )

Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Day 1 done ! Did Speed & Agility (45 min) and Relief (25 min) this morning. It was quite entertaining, as at one stage I think that I started to hip hop dance and there was a wardrobe change halfway through, so that I could avoid being noosed (don't know the appropriate "noose" wording) . I also discovered that one must not exercise on wooden floors until they've had about 2 hrs to dry from a mopping.... because, just because it looks dry, doesn't been that you won't slip.So, there was some modification. I also avoided mouth to mouth from my dog who was doing fly jacks at the time. See, she can do Insanity too! Oh, and it's bit embarrassing when you fall when both legs are on the floor during relief. The plus side , it's the fist time I've ever finished both videos! Give me a woot woot!
  • careycm616
    Options
    Cardio Recovery Day today. I could hold the squat and left lunge all the way through, but that second squat hold hurt. I almost got through the right lunge. Maybe next time!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Day 2 today! Plyo. Boy was that hard!

Things I learned... I am out of shape, I have a bad right hip and my carpet is super comfy.

Don't hurt yourself! And how did you find out your carpet was comfy? Did you fall over? LOL
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Day 1 done ! Did Speed & Agility (45 min) and Relief (25 min) this morning. It was quite entertaining, as at one stage I think that I started to hip hop dance and there was a wardrobe change halfway through, so that I could avoid being noosed (don't know the appropriate "noose" wording) . I also discovered that one must not exercise on wooden floors until they've had about 2 hrs to dry from a mopping.... because, just because it looks dry, doesn't been that you won't slip.So, there was some modification. I also avoided mouth to mouth from my dog who was doing fly jacks at the time. See, she can do Insanity too! Oh, and it's bit embarrassing when you fall when both legs are on the floor during relief. The plus side , it's the fist time I've ever finished both videos! Give me a woot woot!

Great Job! You are doing the Asylum workout, right?
  • emily_bird
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Yep. Volume 1. :smile: Tomorrow is strength, I think !
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Did the cardio power & resistance today--day 3. I am a lot more sore than yesterday but I got through it. I had a HARD time lifting up my legs for the warm up. My high knees were pathetic. :) Cardio recovery tomorrow.
  • Imaan2012
    Options
    Did the cardio power & resistance today--day 3. I am a lot more sore than yesterday but I got through it. I had a HARD time lifting up my legs for the warm up. My high knees were pathetic. :) Cardio recovery tomorrow.

Feeling good that you've completed the workout right? Enjoy Cardio Recovery tomorrow! Good job!
  • Imaan2012
    Options

[/quote]

Yep. Volume 1. :smile: Tomorrow is strength, I think !
    [/quote]

I really am redoing Insanity because I want to get ready to do Asylum. I know I'm not there yet.

Looking forward to follow you on your updates! You are doing an amazing job!
  • Imaan2012
    Options
    Today I did Cardio Power & Resistance. Managed to do more push ups. ( coming from 0 )
    Did some cardio afterwards just to bump up the calories burned...

I did had to stop twice during the warm up today :embarassed:
  • emily_bird
    Options
    [/quote]

I really am redoing Insanity because I want to get ready to do Asylum. I know I'm not there yet.

Looking forward to follow you on your updates! You are doing an amazing job!
    [/quote]

@Imaan
    Thank you ! You'll definitely get there. You seem to have the right attitude.

Did Strength (50 min vid) for the first time ever today. It's the first time that I've ever done a "strength" workout where I found myself having fun, and not having to work on my mindset that this is a good thing. It's different from the other videos, as there's a lot less manic action, but it is very intense.I had to modify some of the pushups, because I just can't go down as low as they can...yet . The one section I did less and was slower, but I did the exercise properly.Kept it within my skill level.Other than that, the last exercise I didn't really do properly; I battled with the choreography, not quite as strong as needed and my dog interrupted.So, I did about 40 proper minutes or so out of 50 minutes. I'm doing Relief every day as well, but I also have to mildly modify the one section. It feels fantastic, though ! I'm taking this holiday period seriously, to try and get as fit and flexible as I can .
  • careycm616
    Options
    Did Day 19- Cardio Resistance and Power, feeling tired today, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 33-MAX Cardio Conditioning! It's a quad killer :noway:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Day 18 - Cardio Recovery. To be perfectly honest, I would much rather do Plyo or Pure Cardio! :)