Did you do your workout today?

Options

Replies

• FreeTay
    Options
    You can try doubling your sports bras for extra support (some of us busty girls need to). For measurements... the part of the waist is generally your "natural waist" that's supposed to be within an inch of your belly button (usually, your belly button is below your waist). arms-middle of the upper arm. Thighs-widest point. Hips-I use the tops of my hip bones as guides. Chest-no clue. I've heard nipple height a lot, but around the ribcage too (just under the breasts). Keep the tape parallel to the floor and snug against the skin and do your best to be consistent!
    Day 1 Level 1 done. Will do day 2 when I get home. My legs are very sore. For me it wasn't that bad but I did have to stop a few time to catch my breath. I will continue walking on my lunch breaks. Hopefully this will ease some of the leg pain. Any suggestions on how to keep your chest from moving so much while doing juming jacks? As for as measurements, do you measure the largest part of your waist, arms, etc?
    Thanks. I don't own a sports bra but I guess I will be purchasing one very soon.
  • Curvatures
    Options
    Day one for me. It left me near tears, and feeling like jello. The tears are because I had no idea I was THIS out of shape, and truth hurts. :(
  • hcano1249
    hcano1249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day one for me! Was going to put off till tomorrow, but like most, glad I didn't. Started and completed all levels about a year ago and forgot how awesome it feels to accomplish a goal.....glad to be back on track :happy:
  • hcano1249
    hcano1249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day one for me. It left me near tears, and feeling like jello. The tears are because I had no idea I was THIS out of shape, and truth hurts. :(

Hey we all have been there, good thing is you got day one outta the way! We can do it! :wink:
  • AMBER_F
    Options
    Day 1: Today I did my first day of "The Shred" It felt pretty good. So far I'm down 14 lbs and decided to try this. I took my day 1 picture as well and will post my 30 day picture. Accountability is huge for me. I'm part of a weight loss challenge in my town at a local nutrition store and was off last week from weigh ins and it showed. Support is huge. We will see where I am tomorrow. :happy:

6553625.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have done JM 3 days this week and my Elliptical 6 days for an hour a day with a total of 7.5 hrs working out.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I decided my body needed a break today so I won't be doing the workout today. I think I need a rest or I am going to cause damage and injury instead of actually doing anything productive. There is still firewood to bring in and horses to feed, but I don't call that working out. So, I think after the evening chores are done, my pj's and a good book are in order. :happy:
  • katanasnk
    katanasnk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I totally did! Day 13 (L2D3) is done! I'm almost halfway there... which is inconceivable. I can't believe how much change I'm already seeing! There are these weird lines on my upper arms--I think they're called muscle definition. I didn't get that in 3 months at the gym with the Nautilus-style machines!
  • katanasnk
    katanasnk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have done JM 3 days this week and my Elliptical 6 days for an hour a day with a total of 7.5 hrs working out.
    Way to GO! That's awesome, Brianna!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    D5 lvl1 followed by WK 5 d3 c25k exhausted lol keep it up everyone x
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladyJ. Believe me it gets easier. I can't believe how far I have come since day one. The one thing I always notice is that when I do the jj and jr I can't make it all the way through the jr b/c my calves are killing me. The only reason I think that is happening is b/c I do my workout in the am and I only do her warm ups. I think i need additional warm ups on my legs. I am so proud of you for sucking it up and doing it. I have had those days before and I am very thankful I did it. Keep up the good work.

I have the same problem with JR. I have found if I do some calf stretches it's not nearly as bad!! Your doing an amazing job!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Day 1 level 2 w/ 10 min on the elliptical done.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 2 done. I had to adjust a few things because of back issues, but I made it work. I was terrified after reading the other posts about level 2, but I did not find it quite as bad as I was expecting. Maybe because I was expecting the worst. On to day 2, level 2 tomorrow.
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hi yall! so i was wondering if yall are doing the 30 day shred for 30 consecutive days? That is my plan, but have read some posts on MFP stating that you should to 2 days of 30 ds, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30ds, 1 day cardio, rest, and repeat. what are yall doing?

i think i can do it everyday, but dont want to get hurt. im doing pretty good. about the 2nd set of jumping jacks i stop at about 20 for 5 sec and restart. i dont get the jump rope until the last set. the sets prior to that i am just double dutch jump roping :-)

thanks for your input, best of luck ;-)
  • lovelyladyJ21
    Options
    hi yall! so i was wondering if yall are doing the 30 day shred for 30 consecutive days? That is my plan, but have read some posts on MFP stating that you should to 2 days of 30 ds, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30ds, 1 day cardio, rest, and repeat. what are yall doing?

i think i can do it everyday, but dont want to get hurt. im doing pretty good. about the 2nd set of jumping jacks i stop at about 20 for 5 sec and restart. i dont get the jump rope until the last set. the sets prior to that i am just double dutch jump roping :-)

thanks for your input, best of luck ;-)

I try to do 30 consecutive days but the weekends are hard because I have everyone home and some extras! =) It's what you feel you can do without hurting yourself! Listen to your body!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes I am trying 30 consecutive days, I am only on day 2 level 2. I wake up at 5 am during the week, and I get up at about 6 on the weekends. But listen to your body.
  • Lani1976
    Options
    Day 8 on level 1 done... almost up to level 2! Yay!

I've even got my bf to do it with me :)
  • lovelyladyJ21
    Options
    So it's Monday I've been up since 5 and I feel amazing. Jumped on the scale and lost some weight. Thought I'd gain because I laid around all weekend with another sick kid. I knew that though, I hardly ever get a workout in on the weekends because we usually have so much stuff going on.

So today my goal is to get my workout done. Can't wait to get my oldest off to school to get started! =]
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY TO EVERYONE!!

I just joined the group. I started 30 DS on the 28th and today was my 5th day on Level 1. I am doing 3 days on 1 days off the first go around. I must say it works because I measure yesterday and already lost .5 on my hips, 1.5 around my navel and .8 on my waist. Seeing this def has giving me the incentive to keep trucking along. =)
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this I was thinking we needed something along these lines.

So for me

CW: 82.7gks
    GW 70kgs
    End of 30DS GW: 75kg

26/11 - Day 1, L1
    27/11 - Day 2, L1
    28/11 Hopefully I do day 3 but im going for a 5k run not suremy legs will make the 30DS after :(
    29/11
    30/11
    1/12
    2/12
    3/12 ...... I must do tonight even though i'll get home late :( this isnt going well for me :(