Terry - 13
    The Binge - 6

Logging days - 19 / 31
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 10
    Binge - 9

UGH, I really wanted December to be better than November but those numbers don't look good!

I woke up feeling horrible yesterday. I literally made myself sick from my eating on Tuesday and Wednesday and my body basically was telling me WTF?! It can't hang for more than a couple days of eating junk. I actually had to take Tums in the morning and called in sick for half the day. That's when I KNOW something has to change.

Yesterday was our last holiday lunch at work, thankfully. Why do they always turn into all-afternoon-eating-extravaganzas for me?? It's like an excucse to keep eating all day..ugh. Even though I woke up feeling like crap I still ate a bunch of crap.

Four binge-free days had me down four lbs...now after three binge days I'm up five. More importantly, I feel horrible, physically and mentally, and I'm ready for a binge-free day today. I felt so good for those four days...why do I go back to this???

Today will be a binge-free day. I can't do this anymore.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-19-12
    Me: 13
    Binge: 6 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16)

Today will be first time back on my veggie diet. I've been indulging the past few days and finally feel like I can get back to my working out and healthy ways! My next little treats will be xmas eve, I can make it until then : )
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 13
    Binge 6 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/15, 12/16, 12/17)

Even though I am "winning" and didn't binge yesterday, my food choices have not been good. Going out to eat, enjoying it but not eating anything that will allow a weight loss--I am not getting on the scale. I have been over eating a bit but not a binge, but eaten enough "junk" the past couple weeks. My body needs good, whole foods so that is today's goal. Have a great day everyone!!!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I can feel my strength slipping away. The holidays are so tough and I just want to eat everything! I've already eaten too much at work this morning. I've got to stop before I lose to the binge...........
    I'm also having a tough time making myself exercise so close to the holidays. Anyone else having that prob? I keep thinking that I'm gonna overeat on Christmas eve/day and New Years eve/day so why bother.

Me: 19
    Binge: 1 (12/16)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I can feel my strength slipping away. The holidays are so tough and I just want to eat everything! I've already eaten too much at work this morning. I've got to stop before I lose to the binge...........
    I'm also having a tough time making myself exercise so close to the holidays. Anyone else having that prob? I keep thinking that I'm gonna overeat on Christmas eve/day and New Years eve/day so why bother.

I feel ya, I didn't exercise for quite a few days, which is very unlike me. My friends have been planning some active dates so the accountability of someone waiting for me is making it easier ( we go to spinning or dance classes together)! I think it helps (body & mind) if you just fit in some movement where you can, a lot of walking helps me or even just some YouTube yoga videos. I know I 'll be splurging a bit on Xmas eve..but all the more reason to try and keep control now! I've been struggling recently too, I hate using it as an excuse but it's tough this time of year!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

I've been In a challenge that started on Thanksgiving Day to commit to 10 minutes of exercise a day through the end of the year. I can't tell you how many times this has made me drag my butt up off the couch to get in my "10" minutes (grumbling). Not once have I stopped at 10 minutes, & some days have turned into decent workouts.....who knew? I may not lose any weight before end of year, but it definitely is helping me not to gain :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 12
    The Binge - 7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options

I've been In a challenge that started on Thanksgiving Day to commit to 10 minutes of exercise a day through the end of the year. I can't tell you how many times this has made me drag my butt up off the couch to get in my "10" minutes (grumbling). Not once have I stopped at 10 minutes, & some days have turned into decent workouts.....who knew? I may not lose any weight before end of year, but it definitely is helping me not to gain :)
    I agree with Terry. We know we are going to indulge so it is so good to stay active so the damage is less weight wise. I know over the years I have remained active and I know if I had not I would not be where I am today so keep pushing yourself to MOVE and not to just give up. You are the only one expecting perfection. Remember consistency not perfection because none of us are perfect so do the best you can and even though it is challenging this time of year we can still plan even if we don't succeed.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

I feel ya, I didn't exercise for quite a few days, which is very unlike me. My friends have been planning some active dates so the accountability of someone waiting for me is making it easier ( we go to spinning or dance classes together)! I think it helps (body & mind) if you just fit in some movement where you can, a lot of walking helps me or even just some YouTube yoga videos. I know I 'll be splurging a bit on Xmas eve..but all the more reason to try and keep control now! I've been struggling recently too, I hate using it as an excuse but it's tough this time of year!
    Agreed!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    19/12

Natalie: 10
    Binge: 9

Today my grandmother died after a long illness.

I hate myself that I used it as an excuse to binge.
    Natalie, so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 15
    The Binge - 4 (1st, 2nd, 11th, 15th)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 10

The Binge: 12

Need to vent about something small..
    I was telling someone face to face about how this one girl has the perfect figure - then the lady said "No... not really; that girl could lose atleast "x" ammount of weight in her stomach. " O_O.... She looked great to me... why do people judge others so much on appearance. :( I walked away curious about what she thought of me - I have a lot of chubby areas. I feel self conscious around people who judge by looks so much.
    This makes me feel a bit down. When I was home I wanted to say "screw it, theres no hope , I'm not losing anything right now... I should just indulge today - I'll never look slim, I love food too much. I can't cut calories... I'll probably just always be a big person."

Truth to challenge my negative/depressive thoughts - I can lose weight, anyone can do it. I just have to keep my mind focused on whats important and stop drowning my sorrows/stresses in food. I need to learn balance, even if I don't see the scale move I'm doing something right... I know continuous binges are NOT good on my health at all.

Ugh. I feel like I'm constantly arguing with my inner critic.

I won't binge...exercise sounds good right now. and tea. I already had lunch; no physical hunger at the moment for food.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    me - 12.
    Binge - 8.

Feeling depressed. Off to London for 5 days on Sunday and last year I went there weighing less than I do right now. I feel it is ruined before it has started, because I feel I need to be 126Ibs or less to be able to enjoy it and to feel comfortable. I will be checking my weight the night before, as it has been over 2 months. I know I am over 126 because my waist isn't back to 25 inches yet. And stupid idiotic me binged today. No need for it. It was pointless. I went to London to see my father for the first time in a few years, and as usual found I had nothing to talk about, as nothing has changed, and I guess at some level I must have been stressed as I ate a load of cereal bars, diet popcorn, a piece of stollen, a piece of fudge and then a load of baked goods when I got back to my city. And purged. Admittedly, I wouldn't be quite as bothered by being a bit heavier if it weren't for my bf coming with me this year as I'd have no-one skinny as comparison.

All I can do now is get a good bike ride in tomorrow, gym on Saturday and some workout in the morning before I go. I wish so damn much that I was back to my comfy weight and that I had never met the stupid woman who messed my head up so much I ended up binge eating for 5 weeks.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have issues with negative emotions too. I feel guilty if I feel any anger towards anyone else and tend to always turn negative emotions inwards on myself. I also get very, very tense and wound up if anyone around me is negative or in a bad mood. It impacts me very badly. Also relate to certain relationships leading to my binge eating, allowed interraction with someone to do that to me a few months ago, never again. I am just trying to remain focussed on how little enjoyment I get from binges in reality...the food ceases to be pleasurable and the feelings after are always unpleasant.
    This is something I need to work on! Negative thoughts aren't ideal, of course, but I freak out whenever I feel anything unpleasant because I always feel like I have to be happy 24/7. Thanks for sharing this, and great job!!!

I agree that anger and guilt and what we think of as negative emotions are difficult to experience. I'm just trying to remind myself that I'm human and feel all the emotions that humans feel. Emotions themselves are neither "good" nor "bad"--they just are. It's what I do with them that matters; what I do with those emotions (acknowledge/process in a healthy way, or deny) either helps or hurts my sense of well-being. Still learning...

ETA quote. :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words, guys. I always learn so much from you guys. Whenever I see someone doing really well in the challenge thread, I always wonder, "How do they do that?" So..I thought I'd share what's working for me this month for the curious. :)
  • anorangie
    Options

That's a great challenge. I'm finding that the very first step is the hardest for me sometimes. Once I get started, though, it's easy to keep going--and movement really helps me feel like I've done something positive regardless of the food choices I've made that day.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    If this helps anyone...

tumblr_mcdv42d8V01rjvw5po1_500.jpg
  • anorangie
    Options
    If this helps anyone...

tumblr_mcdv42d8V01rjvw5po1_500.jpg

Perfect! Thank you...this knowledge is empowering to me. :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    Me: 10

The Binge: 12

Need to vent about something small..
    I was telling someone face to face about how this one girl has the perfect figure - then the lady said "No... not really; that girl could lose atleast "x" ammount of weight in her stomach. " O_O.... She looked great to me... why do people judge others so much on appearance. :( I walked away curious about what she thought of me - I have a lot of chubby areas. I feel self conscious around people who judge by looks so much.
    This makes me feel a bit down. When I was home I wanted to say "screw it, theres no hope , I'm not losing anything right now... I should just indulge today - I'll never look slim, I love food too much. I can't cut calories... I'll probably just always be a big person."

Truth to challenge my negative/depressive thoughts - I can lose weight, anyone can do it. I just have to keep my mind focused on whats important and stop drowning my sorrows/stresses in food. I need to learn balance, even if I don't see the scale move I'm doing something right... I know continuous binges are NOT good on my health at all.

Ugh. I feel like I'm constantly arguing with my inner critic.

I won't binge...exercise sounds good right now. and tea. I already had lunch; no physical hunger at the moment for food.

Icey, that's a great example of how to counter your inner critic with the TRUTH! Thanks for sharing. :)