December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 18
    The Binge - 5 (1st, 2nd, 11th, 15th, 21st)

Days I did not log it all - 3 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    attitude-quotes-01-new.jpg
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I changed to maintenance so I can enjoy the holidays a little more and hopefully not binge. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Me: 22
    Binge: 1(12-16)
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Super late in finding this but, oh well.
    I seem to fail 1/week or so.....
    So far in Dec.
    Binge:4 occurances
    Hoping to make it to the EO December with a ZERO.

"Don't look back,
    You're NOT going that WAY"
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 15.
    Binge - 9.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    I haven't been around for the past few days as my sister has been in town...and I've been eating like crap and having daily binges, some worse than others.

I've lost count for December but I'm sure my binge days have outnumbered my non-binge days.

I feel horrible about myself and don't want to go to parties today and tomorrow but I can't let this thing completely ruin my life and keep me isolated from those I love. They don't care about my weight and if I've gained a couple of pounds.

I too have been blaming the holidays for my eating too but that's BS. I know the real reason(s).

I really feel afraid I'll never stop or get out of this cycle....but fear is projection and I need to stay in the moment. Funny how I can't wait till today and tomorrow are over. I need to get out of my head and enjoy my friends. It's really about that, not the food.

Congrats to those who are doing well, I am jealous. I hate feeling like this. I guess I'm having a pity party this morning. UGH.

Thank you for listening and being here.

Honestly know how you feel, as I binged so severely over a 6 week period that I gained probably at least 12Ibs. Now, that is bad. I was getting through at least 7000 calories for almost that entire period.
    You will get on top of it, I am sure.
    Just try and enjoy christmas and remember, a binge sort of ruins the enjoyment of food whereas having things in moderation allows you to really get some pleasure from the tastes.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 16
    The Binge - 7

Living on cookies isn't healthy, but not bingeing on them is progress!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Living on cookies isn't healthy, but not bingeing on them is progress!
    Yes it is progress!:wink:
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 17
    The Binge - 7

Logging days - 24 / 31
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    24/12

Natalie: 14
    Binge: 10
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible about myself and don't want to go to parties today and tomorrow but I can't let this thing completely ruin my life and keep me isolated from those I love. They don't care about my weight and if I've gained a couple of pounds.
    Story of my life. I always want to isolate after a binge, I'm afraid they can see that I've gained a lb or 2.... or that they will think I look bloated. You're right, though. they don't care about your weight like you do. Weight is not really the first thing loved ones freak out about.... unless it was a very critical parent/spouse or something! They're more focused on talking to you. I didn't find my friends based on their weight. No one can see the scale number but you.
    ---- I always feel better once I do decide to go out anyways, I try to forget about food and I end up having fun and relaxing. It's GOOD for you after being down.
    I really feel afraid I'll never stop or get out of this cycle....but fear is projection and I need to stay in the moment. Funny how I can't wait till today and tomorrow are over. I need to get out of my head and enjoy my friends. It's really about that, not the food.
    I am scared that I'm too weak to get out of the cycle, but thats a lie. We are capable of so much and we are making progress.
    Hang in there, chin up!
    Thank you for listening and being here.
    Hey, you're here for us too! Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

Honestly know how you feel, as I binged so severely over a 6 week period that I gained probably at least 12Ibs. Now, that is bad. I was getting through at least 7000 calories for almost that entire period.
    You will get on top of it, I am sure.
    Just try and enjoy christmas and remember, a binge sort of ruins the enjoyment of food whereas having things in moderation allows you to really get some pleasure from the tastes.

It's scary how rapidly I can gain weight with binges, even when I lose weight I don't trust myself.
    Moderation makes me feel the most in control, it's an amazing feeling!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 16
    The Binge - 8
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me - 16.
    Binge - 9.

Not binged, but obviously with it being xmas, there has been a large xmas lunch and picking at chocolates, with more to come. But I have not binged during my visit to my mother's as my bf is with me, so thank goodness for that.
    I do feel upset that I couldn't keep my calories below goal though. Just not possible for me with xmas lunch, buffet tea and a 1670 allowance. (not got in a workout)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 18
    The Binge - 6 (1st, 2nd, 11th, 15th, 21st, 24th)

Days I did not log it all - 3 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)

I was so tempted not to log it all yesterday but I did. I did not binge but definitely over my calories for the day. I am going to count it as a binge because I did have some binge behaviors and a high high calorie day. Close to 4000. I can't wait until Jan 2nd rolls around. I am going to shoot to maintain my weight until then.

Stay strong!! 2uge4p4.gif We can do this.....one day at a time!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Mollie, It is great hearing from you.

í'm so glad you logged yesterday! You are doing better than you think you are!! You are so honest & accurate with your behavior and that keeps you so accountable. You are on the right path Mollie!!

Maintaining your weight through the rest of the holidays is an excellent goal.!!!

I wish I could have been able to do that. I gained 4.6 lbs last week with a lot of binge days. I see a lot of positive things in you Mollie!!

You were so right when you said that, "We can do this....one day at a time!" I love how you are looking forward to January 2nd!! I'd love it if you'd message me with somethings that are stirring around in your head for you about the up coming January 2nd. I'd like to brainstorm with you...if you want. You stay strong on your course too Mollie. YOU CAN DO IT TOO.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Mollie, It is great hearing from you.

í'm so glad you logged yesterday! You are doing better than you think you are!! You are so honest & accurate with your behavior and that keeps you so accountable. You are on the right path Mollie!!

Maintaining your weight through the rest of the holidays is an excellent goal.!!!

I wish I could have been able to do that. I gained 4.6 lbs last week with a lot of binge days. I see a lot of positive things in you Mollie!!

You were so right when you said that, "We can do this....one day at a time!" I love how you are looking forward to January 2nd!! I'd love it if you'd message me with somethings that are stirring around in your head for you about the up coming January 2nd. I'd like to brainstorm with you...if you want. You stay strong on your course too Mollie. YOU CAN DO IT TOO.
    Thanks Amy! I did not say I did not gain dear......I just omitted the gain!:wink: That is why I want to attempt to maintain the rest of the year. If I lose the gain that would be wonderful too but I doubt it, so I am keeping my goal realistic.
  • berumotto
    Options
    Me: 12
    Binge: 13

I'm kinda upset.... oh well. :sad:
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 17
    The Binge - 8

Logging days - 25 / 31