Terry - 18
    The Binge - 11

Logging days - 29 / 31
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12/29/12
    Me: 20
    Binge: 9 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16, 12/21, 12/24, 12/25)

Odd day. 9 hours car ride in horribl snow and the stress was making me want to binge..but I got so busy unpacking and getting settled I kindof forgot. Brushed my teeth and ready for this weekend : )
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd check in even though I lost count...I could go back and figure it out but I am very aware that my binge days outweigh my non-binge days for December so I'm not going to bother. I'm committing to participating in January and finishing the month.

No binges yesterday so I'm happy. My goal is to go at least through Jan 2 without binges. I have the hardest time not bingeing at work and since I'll be off till then I'm sort of confident I can do it. It seems sad that even two days without bingeing is a huge accomplishment for me, especially when I read others having many, many days without bingeing. But I cannot compare myself to others...that does NOT help me at all.

I have been weighing daily again and this morning I'm .5 lb heavier. Not much, I know, but when I didn't binge and was under goal the day before it can be discouraging. I'm not going to let the dumb machine determine how I feel about myself today. If I let it, it could send me over the edge and make me want to binge. I need to focus on not bingeing, not on the scale. Sometimes when I think about losing weight, it makes me want to eat more. As they say, focus on weight and you lose recovery....focus on recovery and you lose weight.
  • Jul158
    Options
    "focus on weight and you lose recovery....focus on recovery and you lose weight."

I've never read this, what a beautiful concept. Writing it down in my motivational quote notebook immediately!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    "focus on weight and you lose recovery....focus on recovery and you lose weight."

Oh, that's lovely. Thanks for sharing. =}
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 17
    The Binge - 12
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 19.
    Binge - 11.
  • Jul158
    Options
    12-30-12

Me: 21
    Binge: 9 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16, 12/21, 12/24, 12/25)

Less than ten days this month! One more day to get through. Looking forward to January, too. There were definitely some days when I wanted to be lazy and not log here..but I felt like I was only letting myself down and if I was going to binge, I had to have the nerve to log it!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 18
    The Binge - 12

Logging days - 30 / 31
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 20
    Binge 10

Happy New Year everyone!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow, we have a Part 2! I think that's so awesome that we've kept this thing going! I was far from perfect this month, but if not for this thread and everyone's support I'd surely be in bingeing hell with no end in sight :explode:

December 30 2012

Colleen- 11
    The Binge- 19

Days didn't finish diary: 19

Definitely overindulged, but my eating patterns are becoming a bit more regular, and I have logged everything in my personal journal.

I have also gotten back into exercising. I had to force myself to go moderate even when I wanted to push myself very hard. This sounds odd, but when I train too hard not only do I start to dread exercise, but I also use it as an excuse to eat more. I'm finding that the key is to just do a little better than I did last time (run a little faster, do a couple more reps, etc). I'm already improving and am starting to look forward to exercise instead of dreading it! And isn't that the point? :happy:

I know it will be a great New Year with all you wonderful peeps. Thanks for all you encouragement! It keeps me coming back. :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 23
    The Binge - 7 (1st, 2nd, 11th, 15th, 21st, 24th, 25th)

Days I did not log it all - 3 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 23

Days I did not log it all - 4 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 20.
    Binge - 11.

Could be worse, I suppose, considering the season.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 19
    The Binge - 12

Logging days - 31 / 31
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 24

Days I did not log it all - 5 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    A nice poem for us if we think it is just now worth the effort or when the going gets tough and you want to throw in the towel. The name of the poem is:

'Don't Quit' by Jill Wolf

Don't quit when the tide is lowest,
    For it's just about to turn;
    Don't quit over doubt's and questions,
    For there's something you may learn.
    Don't quit when the night is darkest,
    For its just a while 'til dawn;
    Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
    For the race is almost won.
    Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
    For your goal is almost nigh;
    Don't quit, for you're not a failure
    Until you fail to try.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 18
    The Binge - 13
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Dec 2012

beatrix: 24
    The Binge: 7

Happy New Year! :heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December was a rough month for many of us. Now it is over so let's move forward and put it behind us. January is here and new beginnings!! Good job for those of you who checked in often. It could have been worse if we had not been checking in so be encouraged by this and look at anything that you did positively in December because I know you did something positive.

Here is the link for January challenge:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831850-january-challenge-me-vs-the-binge