December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The holidays always get me. I feel so bloated and yucky! On the bright side, I got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my wonderful family, and for that, I am grateful. Well, I guess I better get back to eating right........

Me: 22
    Binge: 3 (12/16, 12/24, 12/25)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 16
    The Binge - 9
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 15
    Binge 10

Lost track on the days but I needed to take a bit of a break from logging. Back at it today and thinking on my "resolution" this year-- Stop making excuses and just keep on moving forward to reaching my goals.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 17.

binge - 9.

Overeaten last few days with it being xmas and with family but do not consider it to be out of control eating, just rather unhealthy choices.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-25-12
    Me: 16
    Binge: 9 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16, 12/21, 12/24, 12/25)
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to restarting the binge tally in January. Lets do this!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12/26/12
    Me: 17
    Binge: 9 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16, 12/21, 12/24, 12/25)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 17
    The Binge - 9

Logging days - 26 / 31
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for not being involved in counts; as I said before... lost my count stats ; I've had a lot of binges though. agree with totalhealth, ready for Jan! My goal is 3 or less binges that MONTH. I CAN DO IT.

Anyhow... been reading up on stuff, maybe to scare me into not binge eating so often... all the bad effects on my body. YEAH. I need to get my mind focused on my health and well being - over the obsession with my scale. The health is more important. The binges do more than make me bloated or make my scale go up in numbers.

http://schatzie-speaks.hubpages.com/hub/Before-Your-Next-Binge

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas + Happy new years.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 19
    The Binge - 7 (1st, 2nd, 11th, 15th, 21st, 24th, 25th)

Days I did not log it all - 3 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    December 27 2012

Colleen- 8
    The Binge- 18

Days didn't finish diary: 18

Well, what can I say? We all know the holiday routine throw-off. :laugh: Plus I had graduation, so there's definitely been a lot of celebrating going on.

I am proud of myself for deciding to get back on track yesterday instead of saying "Screw it, I'll wait until January." I realized that I wasn't doing myself any favors by doing that, and it goes against taking everything one day at a time.

Since my eating went off the deep end, I'm building back up to my steady habits. Instead of resolving to work out like crazy and log every single calorie, I have resolved to just write down my food and feelings this week, with a little light exercise. Next week I might move to tracking calories and keeping it to three squares a day with no snacking. Although yesterday I didn't snack at all between meals! :drinker: For some reason I just didn't think it was necessary. Maybe because I was being gentle with myself.

Hope you all are having an awesome day. I am proud of everyone for checking in!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    Options
    *Double post, sorry!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    Options
    Anyhow... been reading up on stuff, maybe to scare me into not binge eating so often... all the bad effects on my body. YEAH. I need to get my mind focused on my health and well being - over the obsession with my scale. The health is more important. The binges do more than make me bloated or make my scale go up in numbers.

http://schatzie-speaks.hubpages.com/hub/Before-Your-Next-Binge

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas + Happy new years.

Thanks for this, Icey! You always have the goods. :happy: I always knew that overeating negatively affects health due to the weight slowly piling on, but I never thought of the immediate and very damaging effects. Funny how I don't smoke, but I binge like it's no big deal. :noway: I'll have to keep this around.
  • stephs0214
    Options
    I am proud of myself for deciding to get back on track yesterday instead of saying "Screw it, I'll wait until January." I realized that I wasn't doing myself any favors by doing that, and it goes against taking everything one day at a time.
    I'm proud of you for getting back on track too! I'm notorious for binging this whole last week and then having to lose the weight I gained, BUT like you, I got back on track yesterday and am so glad I did. I felt terrible on Monday and Tuesday after eating the way I did. With just one day of eating healthier, I feel better already! I'm so glad I forced myself to get back on track and succeeded. I'm challenging myself to start the new year binge free!
  • stephs0214
    Options
    I'm telling myself that I WILL not binge anymore because I want to end December with a better score for me than I have since starting these challenges!!

Me: 23
    Binge: 3 (12/16, 12/24, 12/25)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 16
    The Binge - 10
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 16
    Binge 10

Got on the scale this morning and I am up 4 pounds since my last weigh in a few weeks ago. Told myself that was okay and instead of running to the kitchen I decided to do a 30 day shred video. Man I am out of shape. Got to get back into exercising more. I will get there, and going to be active every day again! Have a good day everyone.
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    27/12

Natalie: 16
    Binge: 11
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well we are going to part 2!!! That is absolutely awesome the support we are giving each other!!

Keep up the good work and see you on part 2!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    **************** WELCOME TO PART 2 ***************

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

December 2012:

Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
    The Binge - 0