Since people have offered

Options
12346»

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Janie...I think you are spot on with the changes and advice.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Notes: I tried to liven up the writing some (more action words), took out some things that might be negatively viewed like “old fashioned” Took out adjectives I thought might set you up as a patsy (like “very kind” and “polite and love showing appreciation for others”) or that have negative connotation (why would you have to say non judgmental?). Took out “is good with kids,” because a) you say you have a bunch so he knows this, but then you also say you’re not looking for another father (contradictory). I also took out the drink or smoke. Everyone lies about not smoking. Also, since I, too, prefer someone who doesn’t drink or smoke I can tell you right now THIS will cut out most of the decent guys who will ask you out. I’m serious! When I did a search on “never drinks” on Match I got 7 guys! When I did the next step up I got over 500 guys. This does NOT mean you have to settle for a guy who drinks. It just means you go out on a few dates to get your feet wet, and then you can tweak your profile and add that back in later once your confidence is built up.

JJ, great critiques. Absolutely agree regarding "old-fashioned." There are much better ways to word that without sounding like you're wearing a girdle haha. The drinking/smoking thing is a good point too. I wrote "social drinker" on mine even though the first alcoholic drink I've had in months was last night. It doesn't neccesarily mean that person drinks regularly. I would rather meet a person and gauge their drinking habits before judging them on it, and I think it's a smart move too.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT JJ!!!

you all are so awesome!!!
    i'll work on some new pics. i forgot my oldest three are going to their grandmas this weekend, so i have to do it today or wait til sun/ mon.

thank you, again!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    glad i could be of service
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    Options
    i like it too, but honestly i dont think people really read profiles

i saw somewhere this girl had an evil profile but got lots of attention just cuz shes cute
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    i like it too, but honestly i dont think people really read profiles

i saw somewhere this girl had an evil profile but got lots of attention just cuz shes cute

Yeah, but the guys that responded were idiots that don't bother reading. You're gonna get those no matter what. Putting up a profile helps attract the guys that DO read profiles. I get specific responses to my profile all the time, and I just ignore the guys that are like "U R SO HAWT OMG PENIS"