Friday - Fitness

Options

Replies

• FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This week I will be in the pool for sure! Can't wait! I'm really excited about it! First time this season to be able to get my butt back in fitness!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics 3 days (really loving it) and such a good burn. Walking 3 days as I try to reach my goal for May.
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    Swimming, swimming, swimming...thats what I'm doing these days
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Got a 5k tomorrow, my second ever. Just staying active anyway I can for exercise otherwise. Gardening seems to be my exercise of choice lately. :)
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I've hit 30 miles walking this month so far...trying to get as close to 40 as possible. On my birthday trip to South Carolina, my friends and I are spending a day in Charleston and plan to walk the Cooper River bridge which is 2.7 miles across. As we have to get back to the car we will be going "round trip" and walking 5.4 miles. All 3 of us are eating healthy and exercising so the trip will definitely include exercise and eating as healthy as possible. I will indulge a little on Sunday...my birthday.
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    I've hit 30 miles walking this month so far...trying to get as close to 40 as possible. On my birthday trip to South Carolina, my friends and I are spending a day in Charleston and plan to walk the Cooper River bridge which is 2.7 miles across. As we have to get back to the car we will be going "round trip" and walking 5.4 miles. All 3 of us are eating healthy and exercising so the trip will definitely include exercise and eating as healthy as possible. I will indulge a little on Sunday...my birthday.

Hope your trip is wonderful. Oh, yeah and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday!
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    I will pledge to do swimming this weekend!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Rest day today, water aerobics tomorrow and the park with my 6 year old god son Sunday. He will wear me out:smile:
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday, I have started to do turbo jam in the mornings-the music pumps me up for my VERY busy days teaching summer school! Going to start back with strength training in the afternoons this week. Gardening takes up a big bunch of my time too!
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    This weekend I will be eating out a lot. Wish me luck that I don't over do it!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I will continue water aerobics (which I have come to love), walking and I will be adding tennis lessons next week. Taking a 4 week class with my motivating 2 friends; my bff and another MFPer (who calls her the "general":laugh: . Something else to add to our fitness routine. Should be fun:smile:
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Working out 6 days a week right now with rest day on Sunday. Walking, water aerobics and tennis. Really enjoying it all!
  • 2manyhats
    Options
    I have completed 3 days of strength training this week, 3 days of Turbo jam, walked 3 miles daily, next week I want to add in some yoga at night!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    For the month of July I have set a goal of walking 30 miles. I'm off to a good start as I've already walked 10 miles as of yesterday. Also, I will continue with water aerobics, tennis and some strength training.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    30 miles again for August, climb Stone Mountain, water aerobics and tennis at least once a week.
  • 2manyhats
    Options
    You have encouraged me to walk more. So I am only counting my exercise miles, not anything extra that I walk through the day! August has been a great walking month so far! Thanks Kar!
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    This weekend I will be pretty active doing a lot of shopping, swimming and picking up furniture that I bought on Craigslist. A lot to do.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    You have encouraged me to walk more. So I am only counting my exercise miles, not anything extra that I walk through the day! August has been a great walking month so far! Thanks Kar!

You're very welcome! So far I'm having a pretty good month. But my treadmill died this week. I'm going to have to get outside more and also to the Wellness Center where I have a membership. Nothing's going to stop me...or you:)
  • KAR1959
    Options
    This upcoming week I plan to walk at least 4 days, 2 days of water aerobics and some strength training. As I stated above my Treadmill died but that will not stop me. I have plenty of Leslie Sansone Tapes for indoors.
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    joined the YMCA here in my new neighborhood (cuz i just moved here in June)....cant wait to get started