Bodyfat estimation thread

Options

Replies

• Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am starting to cut this week, and I would really like to be a bit organised this time around to know if I am actually showing any progress or not. Could someone have a look at what BF% I could have, please? My height 1.68cm, my weight 165lb. (I have been foreverrrrr at this weight, from June last year). All positions are relaxed.

Can you post a front flexed pic (arms up and flexed).

Thanks
    There it goes, well, I don't know if you can call "that" "flexed" exactly, but as "flexed as it can be"
    LOL
    7afe4474-2a86-4201-8c2e-5cb379942e3e.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Cyoka13:

We would put you in the 29-32% range.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi! Could you post front flexed with your arms flexed. Thanks
    Here it goes

35 y.o. 5'9" 157 lbs as of this morning

Sorry about the quality. If this is not good enough I will get someone to take photos for me.
    Thanks guys for your time!

ay1978pa:

We have you at 12 - 13%.
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ay1978pa:

We have you at 12 - 13%.
    Thanks Sara! You guys rock
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Cyoka13:

We would put you in the 29-32% range.

Thanks to you both! That is about what I was guess-ta-mating :)
  • Imanido
    Options
    Hello guys (not trying to stress out anybody) but I thought that maybe because when I put my last photo it was left as inside a quote, someone might not realise that I put it a couple of days ago. I know everyone is busy and that we are on a WEEKEND but I just had the doubt that maybe nobody noticed. Anyway, nice weekend to everyone....and nice workouts for the ones that still have saturday or sunday workouts ;-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hello guys (not trying to stress out anybody) but I thought that maybe because when I put my last photo it was left as inside a quote, someone might not realise that I put it a couple of days ago. I know everyone is busy and that we are on a WEEKEND but I just had the doubt that maybe nobody noticed. Anyway, nice weekend to everyone....and nice workouts for the ones that still have saturday or sunday workouts ;-)

Hi! We will get back to you shortly - thanks for your patience.
  • Imanido
    Options
    Thanks Sara, no rush at all. I have been just wondering since I put the pic that maybe nobody would realise because of the quote thing that's all, but I am not in any rush, I know you are both super-busy always. I'm cool ;-)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I can't wait 'til my body fat is actually low enough to post for estimation! At the moment my scales have it in the high-30s (although I know they're notoriously inaccurate).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thanks Sara, no rush at all. I have been just wondering since I put the pic that maybe nobody would realise because of the quote thing that's all, but I am not in any rush, I know you are both super-busy always. I'm cool ;-)

Hi!

Sorry for the delay.

So, just to caveat this with the fact that, as we have mentioned on earlier assessments, when it gets above the 30% BF level, it starts getting harder and harder to assess with any degree of accuracy. So with this caveat, we would put you somewhere around the 40% mark. At this stage, and actually at all stages, the focus should really be on making progress with the mirror, clothes fit and tape measure, and to a lesser degree, the scale, rather than an inexact estimate of BF%.
  • Imanido
    Options
    Speechless, I was hoping I got it down through this year. I finished 1st week of cutting, I will do a cut for around 6 weeks I guess (following Jamie Eason's. But if there is not that much progress after it, I will have to change my approach. Yes, I took my measures this time, the same day of the photo sooo...."fingers crossed". I have never being really meticulous about measurements ( call it "lazyness"), but definitely it makes sense to have your numbers right.

Thank you soo much to both, you are awesome!! ;-)
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    NOTE: If you would like an estimate, you are required to post your photos in this thread or in a PM. We will no longer be doing estimates by looking in your profiles. Please label your pics as flexed or relaxed, accordingly.

Did you read the above? Testing? Is this thing on?

=)

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

For a while at bodybuilding.com, I would contribute to the bodyfat estimation thread where people would post photos for an estimate. I think this would be a good feature to have here. If you would like an estimate, please post links to your photos in this thread. Generally speaking, at a bare minimum you should post a front relaxed and a front flexed photo. The more photos you post and in reasonable lighting, the more accurate we will be able to estimate.

It goes without saying that at higher bodyfat percentages it becomes more difficult.

This thread is simply for people to get an estimate as needed. I'll gladly guess for both genders but I'll be more accurate on males. Insert joke here. (Actually don't, lets keep this thread clean).

Other people are welcome to participate in providing estimates provided you're reasonably good at it or experienced at some capacity. Please be well aware that we are looking for accuracy and not sugar-coating or padding someones feelings, just being blunt here. If you have done estimates before then feel free to chime in.

Ladies, please also provide a side-pic. The relaxed pics should be with your arms down and to the front/side so you are not stretching. Also, the pics need to show your legs, at least from the knees up. A back pic would also help. The pics need to be candid pics and not at flattering angles/body positions.

Additionally, please provide height and weight.

See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832956-how-to-post-pictures? for help on how to post pictures to a thread.

Hey! Just wondering if you could estimate my body fat. This pic was taken about a month ago. I weigh 105lbs and am 5'1. I'm not flexing. Thanks!

13BE7B75-DF2F-497B-9F3D-87FC7789176E-1057-000001450E1E490E_zps17fe7d34.jpg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    NOTE: If you would like an estimate, you are required to post your photos in this thread or in a PM. We will no longer be doing estimates by looking in your profiles. Please label your pics as flexed or relaxed, accordingly.

Did you read the above? Testing? Is this thing on?

=)

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

For a while at bodybuilding.com, I would contribute to the bodyfat estimation thread where people would post photos for an estimate. I think this would be a good feature to have here. If you would like an estimate, please post links to your photos in this thread. Generally speaking, at a bare minimum you should post a front relaxed and a front flexed photo. The more photos you post and in reasonable lighting, the more accurate we will be able to estimate.

It goes without saying that at higher bodyfat percentages it becomes more difficult.

This thread is simply for people to get an estimate as needed. I'll gladly guess for both genders but I'll be more accurate on males. Insert joke here. (Actually don't, lets keep this thread clean).

Other people are welcome to participate in providing estimates provided you're reasonably good at it or experienced at some capacity. Please be well aware that we are looking for accuracy and not sugar-coating or padding someones feelings, just being blunt here. If you have done estimates before then feel free to chime in.

Ladies, please also provide a side-pic. The relaxed pics should be with your arms down and to the front/side so you are not stretching. Also, the pics need to show your legs, at least from the knees up. A back pic would also help. The pics need to be candid pics and not at flattering angles/body positions.

Additionally, please provide height and weight.

See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832956-how-to-post-pictures? for help on how to post pictures to a thread.

Hey! Just wondering if you could estimate my body fat. This pic was taken about a month ago. I weigh 105lbs and am 5'1. I'm not flexing. Thanks!

13BE7B75-DF2F-497B-9F3D-87FC7789176E-1057-000001450E1E490E_zps17fe7d34.jpg

We would be happy to help but please reread the above instructions as we need more pics and info.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This is scary, but I would really like to get an informed estimation of my body fat. I'm at my goal weight, but not happy with my body comp (of course). The online calculators give me conflicting estimates (4-5% variance) based on whether or not they use height in the calcs; the ones with height included match my scale. Since I'm starting a cut tomorrow, I thought now would be the best time to get another estimate.

I'm 5'7, 135 lbs.

(And I'm really sucky at flexing. Sorry about that!)

Thanks for your help!!

Front Relaxed

3-15-13front.jpg

Front Flexed

3-15-13frontflexed.jpg

Side Relaxed

3-15-13side.jpg

Side Flexed

3-15-13sideflexed.jpg

Back Relaxed

3-15-13back.jpg

Back Flexed

3-15-13backflexed.jpg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    This is scary, but I would really like to get an informed estimation of my body fat. I'm at my goal weight, but not happy with my body comp (of course). The online calculators give me conflicting estimates (4-5% variance) based on whether or not they use height in the calcs; the ones with height included match my scale. Since I'm starting a cut tomorrow, I thought now would be the best time to get another estimate.

I'm 5'7, 135 lbs.

(And I'm really sucky at flexing. Sorry about that!)

Thanks for your help!!

Front Relaxed

3-15-13front.jpg

Front Flexed

3-15-13frontflexed.jpg

Side Relaxed

3-15-13side.jpg

Side Flexed

3-15-13sideflexed.jpg

Back Relaxed

3-15-13back.jpg

Back Flexed

3-15-13backflexed.jpg

Low 20's. Likely in the 22-23 range.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Low 20's. Likely in the 22-23 range.

Thank you!
  • diddylove
    diddylove Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for putting up such nice thread. I would like to have my bodyfat estimation please. Thank you.

Height: 168cm (5.51 ft)
    Current Weight: 57.4kg (126.5 lbs)

Front
    3592ae02-28e1-4d59-99a1-8bcd0b9995a1.jpg

Front Flexed (trying to flex, hope this is considered flexing :embarassed: )
    IMG_2574.jpg

Side
    IMG_2575.jpg

Side Flexed
    IMG_2576.jpg

Sorry, I am not very good with photo post here. So were editing it earlier... I hope this will be good. Thanks in advance!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    5'3.5", 134 lbs

I really don't have much muscle definition (YET) but hopefully these pics will help. THANKS! :smile:

photo.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

20130317035.jpg

IMG_8538.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Just realized we have a couple of outstanding BF estimations - will respond soon.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Would you be kind enough to estimate my body fat please? I have no idea how to post pics on a thread, would you be able to look at my profile pics?

Looking forward to reading what you guys think!

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.