Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Those types of calculators are great to use to measure progress, as long as your weight comes off relatively evenly, but where you carry your weight can really screw with the spot estimate.

It has me at 26%, but I have a wide rib cage so not a very small waist and a big *kitten* - so they get confused. The BMI makes me laugh also - I am only 2lb away from overweight :happy:
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    532045_472843972787903_608634881_n.jpg

I know I dont have a flexing pic but i dont look that much different when I flex.. My tummy gets a little flatter is about it. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Add: SORRY EVERYONE!!! the photo is so big and I dont have enough data allowance on my phone to re-upload it smaller. :(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    532045_472843972787903_608634881_n.jpg

I know I dont have a flexing pic but i dont look that much different when I flex.. My tummy gets a little flatter is about it. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Add: SORRY EVERYONE!!! the photo is so big and I dont have enough data allowance on my phone to re-upload it smaller. :(

Hi!

Just to put our assessment into perspective, when it gets above the 30% BF level, it starts getting harder and harder to assess with any degree of accuracy and at over 40% it is really hard as there really is no way of seeing how much lean body mass you have. So with this we would put you somewhere a bit above 40% - but with quite a wide degree of possible error. At this stage in particular, but really at all stages, the focus should really be on making progress with the mirror, clothes fit and tape measure, and to a lesser degree, the scale, rather than an inexact estimate of BF%.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options

Hi!

Just to put our assessment into perspective, when it gets above the 30% BF level, it starts getting harder and harder to assess with any degree of accuracy and at over 40% it is really hard as there really is no way of seeing how much lean body mass you have. So with this we would put you somewhere a bit above 40% - but with quite a wide degree of possible error. At this stage in particular, but really at all stages, the focus should really be on making progress with the mirror, clothes fit and tape measure, and to a lesser degree, the scale, rather than an inexact estimate of BF%.

Okay thanks. Also.. Did you check out my pm yet?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Hi!

Okay thanks. Also.. Did you check out my pm yet?

Will respond to that tomorrow.
  • stepnerd
    stepnerd Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • pancakeman123
    Options
    Some estimations would be really helpful.

front untensed:

frontuntensedv2BB_zpsa8ca23f5.jpg

back tensed:

backv2BB_zpsf2c79155.jpg

front tensed:

frontv2BB_zps96becce1.jpg
  • pancakeman123
    Options
    forgot to mention, I'm 6 foot, 152lb
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Thanks. We will get back to you shortly.
  • pancakeman123
    Options
    thanks x
  • pancakeman123
    Options

thanks x
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

thanks x

Hi! So we would put you in the 11 - 12% BF range.
  • pancakeman123
    Options
    [/quote]

Hi! So we would put you in the 11 - 12% BF range.
    [/quote]

Thanks for your help :)
  • fishlover888
    Options
    Sorry about that! Edit post is apparently no longer an option... I'll repost here with the smaller pictures, if one of the moderators wants to take the last one down that is fine with me.

---
    Hi! I'm interested in an estimate. Did Navy % Covert Bailey and I'm at a 7% difference between the two, which seems like a big discrepancy! I know the lighting isn't super awesome but here's all the pictures I have. Hope they don't turn out giant sized :D

Front relaxed
    4k91f6.jpg

Front Flexed
    2dwfe52.jpg

Side relaxed
    23sdoq9.jpg

Side relaxed with legs
    33ngf3m.jpg

Back Relaxed
    358b9tj.jpg

Back Flexed
    34qlohk.jpg

Legs Relaxed
    35k7f3r.jpg

Calves flexed
    5tfee.jpg

Arms flexed (on right is recent)
    30maa0k.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ^^thanks..much easier to see. We will be back to you with an estimate.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    fishlover888

Sorry - forgot to ask what your height and weight was.
  • fishlover888
    Options
    fishlover888

Sorry - forgot to ask what your height and weight was.

Oops, sorry forgot to add that. 5'5, 153 (ish)

Thanks!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Now that I've figured out how to join the group, I have a question that I think y'all can help me with. But my question is a little different and I don't know if you can answer it or not. But here goes.

I have scoliosis. I am 5'.25" tall on the outside. If measuring your "wingspan" from fingertip to fingertip actually represents your actual height, then I should be about 5'3.5." I have the musculature and bone structure of someone 5'3.5" tall on the inside. But it's all "squished" down a little bit in the shoulder-to-waist area.

When entering information into the BMI and other charts, which height do I use?

Thanks for your time.
This discussion has been closed.