January challenge - GET MOVING

Options

Replies

• demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Shoulder injury AND hip injury so I limped along for a short walk and gentle swim
  • demilade
    Options
    Not long to go guys, don't give up now! No activity on here for over 24 hrs!
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA this weekend, Saturday I was in class from 7:30 to 6:30 and then stayed for the basketball game. Didn't get a chance to "work out", but I made myself go up and down stairs on class breaks and ended up covering 800 steps up and down! It didn't burn that many calories, but MAN was I sore the next day! I woke up with my calves, quads and butt on fire.

Ate and drank like crap pretty much from Friday night to Sunday night, and had too many things going on Sunday (Football playoffs at Buffalo Wild Wings in the morning, couples lunch date, more playoffs, then a dinner party that went til late) to work out (plus I could barely walk), so I am not happy with my scale numbers right now.

This morning I was still in pain, so I spent 75 minutes doing yoga and stretching. I am going to try and drag myself to the gym later to do arms and abs (since my legs are useless!) and maybe swim. It's Martin Luther King Day here so my husband has the day off work; hoping he'll come swim with me and push me to go hard since I am NOT in a working out mood.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    yesturday I did some stress eating so to compensate I did my tae-bo took 30min walk and rode my bike for 45min and now my legs hurt and the junk food left me feeling sick. I believe the lesson for me is that stress eating isn't worth it next time I'll find something else maybe retail therapy I can window shop all day and not buy anything I just enjoy looking.

Today feeling sick:sick: but I'm back on track Tae-bo and oatmeal this morning:happy:

I hope you feel better soon! I hear you on the junk food, we ate so much crap over the weekend my stomach was like "&#%#@$^#^##!!!!" and I had to make some unpleasant trips to the little girls' room :embarassed: . Funny and gross but I kinda wish I had to go more, maybe my scale wouldn't have been as mean to me today :sad:
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Shoulder injury AND hip injury so I limped along for a short walk and gentle swim

Yikes what happened???
  • demilade
    Options
    Too much exercise maybe? I upped my weights and started jogging. Some anti inflammatory has stopped it so feeling much better. Just a walk yesterday and today I'm starting a 7 day free trial at the gym. I'm thinking my technique might be off so I can get some free advice :)
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Too much exercise maybe? I upped my weights and started jogging. Some anti inflammatory has stopped it so feeling much better. Just a walk yesterday and today I'm starting a 7 day free trial at the gym. I'm thinking my technique might be off so I can get some free advice :)

Glad to hear your doing better:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • dointammy
    Options
    Sorry I've been a little bit off the last few days. I did ride my sationary bike for an hour yesturday and I did 30min of tae-bo today.
  • demilade
    Options
    Just got a 7 day trial membership at the gym, so the plan this week is to try new things - classes and machined i have never tried before. see how i go ;0
  • dointammy
    Options
    I did the usual

30min Tae-bo
  • PeaceLoveandFitness140
    Options
    I did a lot of crunches, strength training, and cardio with jumping jacks over the past two days.
  • demilade
    Options
    Last nights effort at moving has put the breaks on todays effort. Im so stiff and sore I can barely move. Bloody Zumba!
  • dointammy
    Options
    did 60min on bike yesturday and

you guessed it 30min of tae-bo this morning:noway:
  • demilade
    Options
    My boxing was more fun than zumba! even if i did get punched in the head :)
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all are doing great!

An hour on a bike, 30 minutes of Tae-Bo, 800 steps up and down stairs, Zumba and boxing. I am totally impressed ... especially with the getting knocked in the head part. LOL

I am enjoying this challenge. Still in BABY STEPS mode, but I'm doing a little more each week. I've increased my steps goal from 4,000 to 5,000 and even had a couple days this week where I past 6,000.

Also added some very light strength training with resistance bands. Still trying to figure out the proper way of doing the exercises (watching YouTube videos) but so far I'm enjoying it. I might increase from 3x a week to 4x.
  • dointammy
    Options
    I did my usual 30min Tae-bo But today I added 20 min of shoveling. NOT because I wanted to:grumble: and I just looked out the window SNOWING again so I'll get to shovel again tonight.:sad:
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Les Mills - Cardio Ultimate Warrior - 53 mins.
    10 mins of jogging 5mph
    70 Squats. Still on my Squat Challenge. I have noticed a difference because of those squats. I was wearing a size 18, I brought some new skirts and pants and now I'm a size 14 - 16. I know the squats do work.
  • demilade
    Options
    Did my c25k this morning. Nothing at all yesterday, first day I have totally missed.
  • dointammy
    Options
    did my tae-bo today
  • dointammy
    Options
    I decided to just go crazy today and NOT do Tae-bo:noway: I rode my bike for 60min instead. Didn't want to go to far outside my comfort zone.:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: