Walk/Run to Rivendell (and beyond)?

Options

Replies

• fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The lights of Hobbiton are beautiful tonight. Alas, it won't be long before it is a memory.

Reached 7.5 miles today.

exercise.png
  • fitplease
    Options
    That's a great idea, fitplease! I hope you don't mind me copying it.
    It's a great way to visualize our journey.

No problem. :-)

Best wishes, Plexgut!
  • fitplease
    Options
    fitplease and scythswife, you are both so determined! You're both going to do well with the program. It's not always easy and takes some grit but it's so worth it.

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you. It's good to hear you are keeping up with your runs after c25k.
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    3.5km yesterday so YTD is now about 45.5kms or just over 28 miles

**the road is still rolling up and down... Juuuust about to zig-zig to top of a steep bank to go down for the last time
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Ran 2 miles on Tuesday and 4.72 on the Elliptical yesterday bring me to 82.28.

On path in the Forest. Path climbs gently.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    My step-dad was visiting for a few days so no jogging but a couple of nice walks:

Feb 15: 2.5 miles
    Feb 16: 5.6 miles = total miles of 89.98 = Cross series of deep folds running SE. Keep turning east. Lose direction.
  • fitplease
    Options
    It's so encouraging to see all your progress!! Please keep posting! :-)

Resting in a birch grove tonight. Supper was delicious, although keeping it frugal. (After all, MFP'er here.) Will turn in soon as it is late. Heading off to find Stock Rd in the morning.

exercise.png
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Yay, fitplease!! You're doing great.

I got my lazy butt onto the treadmill this afternoon and jogged a bit. I only jogged 25 minutes (walked the rest). I was a bit discouraged with the fact that I'm having trouble increasing my time jogging BUT I am now jogging along at 6.7-6.8Km/hr (up from 6.0) so I AM improving!

Jan 17: 4.23 miles = 94.21 total = Merry finds path along bank of the River. Follow it east through wetlands.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ran my 2nd 5K on Saturday and shaved 4.5 minutes off my first one. Came in at 24:46.

Head east. Ground dropping slowly. Quiet and peaceful.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Hey guys! Pretty productive few days on the running front although mileage wasn't great it was steady and something!
    2/14 1.31
    2/16 2.01
    2/18 2.02

Total is 87.62

Top of knoll in Forest. Hazy. Surrounded by Trees. Eat, rest (11 a.m.-ca.1 p.m.)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    as of today I am at 116.82 miles down. I'm on day 7 of their journey.

Frodo sings, Tom rescues and recalls ponies. Leave about 10 a.m. Tom leads.

exercise.png
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ran my 2nd 5K on Saturday and shaved 4.5 minutes off my first one. Came in at 24:46.

Head east. Ground dropping slowly. Quiet and peaceful.

That's awesome! Great job!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Feb 19: 4.36 miles = 98.57 = Reach Tom Bombadil's house. Stars are out (ca. 7 p.m.).

So, so close to 100 miles!!

Xtrout, that's wonderful! You're really doing great!

Geauxgirl, steady and something is good progress. I'm pretty steady and something, too.

Scythswife, great progress!! Congrats on breaking the 100 mile mark!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Feb 22: 4.36 miles = 102.93 miles = Leave Tom's house and climb zig-zag path to brow of hill on west side of Barrow-downs (ca. 9 a.m.). On ponies go up steep slopes and down long limbs. No trees or water. Turn more east than they intend and enter the Barrow-downs, a place of great dread: inhabited by evil Barrow-wights from Angmar.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ran 9 miles this morning. longest run yet! 174 miles YTD so far.

Ground becomes damp. Entering western edge of Midgewater Marshes.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Morning all. I'm a bit behind. Hoping I can make some more miles go by this week. Up to 98.13 for the year so far.

Leave Tom Bombadil's house and climb zig-zag path to brow of hill on west side of Barrow-downs (ca. 9 a.m.). On ponies go up steep slopes and down long limbs. No trees or water. Turn more east than they intend and enter the Barrow-downs, a place of great dread: inhabited by evil Barrow-wights from Angmar (R. Foster).
  • fitplease
    Options
    So sad to leave our little outcrop of grey stone next to the stream at the foot of the hill. Alas, we broke down our campsite around 10 AM this morn and should be following the road that rolls up and down for a few miles yet.

In other words, just finished W4D3 and did some extra walking and running along the way. :-)

Mile 23 :-)

exercise.png
  • Ms_Pixie
    Options
    Thu 02/14/13 08:58 PM

Another 10.5km done since my last entry so YTD is now about 56kms or just over 34 miles

**the road zig-zags to top of a steep bank to go down for the last time. Can see across Woody End to the River. **We stop to rest, eat and rest more! Sun was beginning to get low as we went down the hill. The road ahead runs fairly straight and level. Behind us it curves slightly...

Preparing to (finally) see my first Black Rider!!
  • Ms_Pixie
    Options
    Wow, everybody's doing so well on this (unexpected) journey! And I really need to step it up or you guys will be leaving Rivendell before I even come close!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    I've been sick the past weekend and finally back to exercising. Only have managed about 7 miles this week so far but that brings me to 116.27

Frodo sings, Tom rescues and recalls ponies. Leave about 10 a.m. Tom leads.