Team Iris (SeptOctNovDec 2013 Brides! :)

Options

Replies

• PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    What was I thinking? That's all I can say...
    If I'm to lose 2.6lbs a week to reach goal.... good golly, I should have aimed for a lower goal.

Beginning Friday, I started a 30Day Shred, came back to logging food and exercise on MFP....
    All I can hope for is more than 1/2 lb loss -- which seems to be what I was trending.

To help me along -- stay motivated - results are needed. Positive results. Warm fuzzies.
  • irishgrim
    Options
    I want all you ladies to stop beating yourself up! Something remarkable has been started on here that I am forever grateful. We have support and strength. Each meal and each day- do the best you can do.

Let's do this girls!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thanks irishgrim --

It's a big mindset to go from beat self up to thinking more positive about self.
    I was on a good roll feeling better - acceptance of me - then the self beatings began.

Perhaps there are others who will agree with this thinking "accepting small changes will yield big results."
  • irishgrim
    Options
    Thanks irishgrim --

It's a big mindset to go from beat self up to thinking more positive about self.
    I was on a good roll feeling better - acceptance of me - then the self beatings began.

Perhaps there are others who will agree with this thinking "accepting small changes will yield big results."

Stop it! Just because we don't lose on the scale, doesn't mean we haven't made steps to a healthier life. Compare your diet now and a year ago. I know I eat 100x healthier now that I have in my life!!!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Yes, the scale isn't the only measure of success.

It would be good for all of us to see other areas we have been successful with in our journey for a healthier life.
    And to accept there is more success for us in the future.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Way to go Team Iris!!! We are the biggest losers for this week and challenge point winners! Congrats to lomins and meglynne1987 for the biggest individual loser and biggest weight loss in lbs. You guys rock and are keeping me motivated everyday :)

Thanks! Ladies we are doing great!!!! I can't wait to see this weeks results!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Unfortunately, this week wasn't good -- there was a slight gain. --- .2lb worth of gain. Sure, it's not a big gain yet it's a gain.
    Seeing the scale numbers increase instead down doesn't mentally help me.
    And I also feel I have let not myself down and all of you on the team.

Positive things beginning last Friday, 2/15

Did a February ab challenge daily (2/22 will be 70 sit-ups, 20 push-ups and 55 seconds of plank position)
    Did drink 60+ oz of water daily
    Did do cardio 5x (either Jillian Michaels DVD, stationary bike, yoga, and slow dance class)
    Some days had cardio twice that day (example stationary bike and DVD)
    Did log foods here -- (not every day).
    Was under calories and at desired levels for carbs, cholestrol, protein, etc.
    Did do church study group reading
    Did read the book the counselor suggested

Yes, will admit, didn't log every day. Typically, the meals were similiar as the days I did log in. Except for one day...
    Will also admit - 1 night I binged on chocolate and snack cakes due to emotional stress.

I'm disappointed and frustrated -- makes me not want to do the positive things again this week since the results I desired was not there. Feel I incorporated a lot of good changes in one week.

Some will say, so what .2lb -- that's no change, no big deal.
    When I didn't do all of the positives I lost .5lb so then the negative thoughts -- go back to old ways.
    Your healthier changes didn't work so don't do it.

Yes, the scale isn't the only measurement -- right now, clothes fit the same and measurements are the same.
    This is why I beat myself up -- there's a focus on what I did badly -- not what I did well.
    Yes, it's a week. Comparing to the start of February, I gained.

I've had a counselor recently tell me I shouldn't focus on one thing that didn't meet my expectations or work out the way I wanted.
    (There's some big issues, I'm attempting to work through).

Patience that the results I desire will be there and I have the self confidence to it.
    Plus stick with doing all the good things - don't return to previous ways.

Has anyone else experienced similiar and what actions did you take?
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing we can all do it just stay consistent. If you just keep logging your food, eating healthy foods and working out you will see the results you want. Nothing is going to happen overnight or in a week. This is hard for me to keep to as well, I want instant results. I work my butt off and eat good and I want to see the results right away, but its just not going to happen. If you just keep on the right course and keep chugging along you will get to your goal. Stay positive ladies we can do this and we will look so awesome on our wedding days ^_^
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Decided there MUST be something wrong with my weight loss approach.
    Went to my health carrier website and found a list of nutrition/dietician.
    Call one -- left a message I would like to be a new patient.

The one I called stated she a registered dietician and a diabeties educator. I have type 2 diabeties.
    Hoping she accepts new patients and I can get an appointment.

If not her, I'll go to another name on my list.

Someday this mystery will be solved!

Came to realization, my wedding is in 6 1/2 months. I'll be beautiful in the groom's eyes regardless of what weight I am.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb,
    I would have to say that I am in a similar funk. Mine is due to stress and a heavy work burden right now. I have absolutely no time and am having trouble with exercise - just finding the time. For me personally I am just hoping my work burden will lighten soon!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Yes, there has been stress in your life recently. Did you make a decision on a wedding venue yet?

The good news is the registered dietician called me back and set up an appointment for Tuesday night.
    I like she has evening and weekend hours. There's excitement in me knowing I'm open for education and nutritional help. You know if you're not ready to receive information -- your mind will not accept and act upon the information.
    My mind is ready!

Here's a chuckle. I think my charka was off balance last week. I may have confused my charkas.
    Why -- Last Sunday was the start of 1st charka -- the root charka.
    Changed the crystal on my nightstand
    Changed the crystal inn my crystal purse ( A very small bag hat holds crystal, a cross and an angel -- I either carry in a pocket or in my purse).
    Changed my charka oil to root.
    Did not change the stones on my storage case. (each week I change the stones on the top of the case to reflect that week's charka). Today as I went to change this weeks stone to week 2 - sacral, I noticed I had not changed last weeks - were still the 7th charka - the crown charka. Should have been the root chakra stone.

No wonder I was screwed up -- there probably was a conflict in my bedroom with the 2 charka.
    Plus, I haven't done the charka mediation in weeks.

This week I need to focus on self healing -- encouraging postive thoughts, do the "Purpose Driven Life" reading for church group, mediate, pray, and most importantly, like myself.
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Sorry to have been MIA for the past two weeks. I had that dental surgery and life just went a little haywire. Of course, in the next three weeks we are moving, and getting our engagement pics done, so I don't know that it will be any better. BUT, I am back on the wagon as of today and journaling and hopefully will get back to the gym.

I did want to share though. I bought my wedding dress a month or so back. I ordered it in a size smaller than the one I tried on in the store - because I was doing so well and the one in the store (22) was already a little loose. So when the 20 came in, I was scared and thought "It'll never fit!"

Well, guess what?!?! IT ZIPPED!!!! Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot to lose and hopefully the durn dress will have to be taken in, and I totally couldn't breathe it was so tight on my chest, BUT IT ZIPPED!!!

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support of this group and I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can do in the next six weeks!

Happy Monday.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Great news about your dress. Wishing you more success.

Mine is a 20 as well. Fits at time of purchase (November 2012) and now.
    Hoping the hem won't be the only alteration that will be done.
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Sorry to have been MIA for the past two weeks. I had that dental surgery and life just went a little haywire. Of course, in the next three weeks we are moving, and getting our engagement pics done, so I don't know that it will be any better. BUT, I am back on the wagon as of today and journaling and hopefully will get back to the gym.

I did want to share though. I bought my wedding dress a month or so back. I ordered it in a size smaller than the one I tried on in the store - because I was doing so well and the one in the store (22) was already a little loose. So when the 20 came in, I was scared and thought "It'll never fit!"

Well, guess what?!?! IT ZIPPED!!!! Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot to lose and hopefully the durn dress will have to be taken in, and I totally couldn't breathe it was so tight on my chest, BUT IT ZIPPED!!!

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support of this group and I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can do in the next six weeks!

Happy Monday.

Congrats! and SO good to have you back :)
  • meglynne1987
    Options
    Why does everyone in your bridal party have to have a different opinion? LOL .... It's driving me nuts!!! I was going to wait until June to go dress shopping for me then dress shopping for them in July.... but one of my BM are freaking out that I am waiting so late. :grumble: (Dec 2013 wedding) What do you all think? Have you encountered the same type of people with strong opnions? How have you dealt with them??? :noway: :noway:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    It's strong opinion people that will drive us crazy.

One bridal store (the only one I visited) told me I should order 6 months prior.
    Due to their prices and my budget -- I did not do this route.

The guidance to follow -- from the store which you're getting your dress from.
    They know their busy periods, the suppliers, alterations department, etc.

It's tough -- maybe grin and tell BM -- "Thank you, I'll take that into consideration."
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Had a good first visit with the registered dietician/diabeties counselor.

Feeling success for weight loss then weight maintenance could happen for me.

Looking back, my self guided attempts were not well planned -- thus failure -- thus depression and such.
  • meglynne1987
    Options
    @PlumCrazyGirl

Thanks, you are right in regards to my BM. That's a perfect way not to cause any more waves. I'm checking around stores now to see what they reccommend. Thanks for the reply.

Meg
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Here's to another week... wishing all well.
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good job last week ladies!! I know we are kind of getting to the end of this phase of the challenge, but lets stay strong and keep each other motivated. I am going to work on getting in a few good workouts this week. I have been feeling sick the past few days but much better today so I think I can at least do something tonight for my workout.