Team Iris (SeptOctNovDec 2013 Brides! :)

Options

Replies

• happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck ladies!! Let's finish strong!
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am curious how many of you ladies eat desserts at night? I always kind myself craving some sweet after dinner. I should probably eat fruit or something but I always want something chocolate or peanut butter.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have to say - growing up we never had dessert unless it was a special occasion, but as an adult especially over the last few years I pretty much crave something sweet after dinner ... its probably a habit I started and now is hard to break ... but for the most part I think its pretty easy to accommodate modestly - what I mean is I after dinner if I am craving something I have a small fun size candy or Hershey Kiss because it really helps satisfy the chocolate craving :) Fruit I do as often as I can after dinner... but like I mentioned earlier - sometimes you just need Chocolate! The other really yummy low cal fruit desert I tried and loved was homemade wine poached pears - just poach in some wine remove and add a little sugar or honey to the wine and let it reduce - then serve over lowfat greek yogurt and add a little of the wine reduction on- delicious :)
  • Jill4165
    Options
    Wow that sounds awesome poached pears in wine! I think your right sometimes you just need chocolate! :)
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love the Cadbury light mousse (only about 60 calories) or a Werther's Original for a treat after dinner.
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Well, guess what?!?! IT ZIPPED!!!! Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot to lose and hopefully the durn dress will have to be taken in, and I totally couldn't breathe it was so tight on my chest, BUT IT ZIPPED!!!

I bought a dress at a sample sale probably at the same level of tightness. It fits now after I've lost about 10 pounds. I'm 5'10" so if you're shorter less weight loss will probably get you there! My one issue is that the corset I had bought to wear underneath comes up too high so it pokes out the top of the back of my dress. I guess I'm back to the drawing board with that...
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope all is well. I was just wondering how you all are doing on your goals?? I went back and checked my goal weight for this challenge and I am still about 7-8 lbs away from that. Not sure if I can make it in the next 4 weeks .. but I sure will try. :)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Regarding desserts - love them.... It's taking a lot of willpower to not indulge.

Regarding meeting goals -- no, I'm not going to be successful.
    Last Friday I had lost 4lbs last week, today, this Friday, gained .8lb this week.
    My other issue is I have not been exercising as frequently as I should.
    I am one of those people who get frustrated easily when results are not present. Instead of fueling me on - yes, I can, changes will happen, I get the "why even bother" mindset.

This probably comes from low self esteem and low self confidence. Which probably comes from my childhood.

The RD last night gave me my "personalized" eating plan -- how much carbs, fats, protein in each meal.
    Prior to last night's appointment, she requested I eat more protein at every meal.
    I go back to the RD in two weeks.
  • irishgrim
    irishgrim Posts: 38
    Options
    Ive had a crazy week and a half. I usually step on the scale everyday, but people have told me not to. However, now I know why I do. I had been sick with what I think was a gastrointestinal virus. As of last Saturday, I could eat anything and not have any pain or side effects! I think I was just so excited that I went a little crazy and didnt make the best choices. Yesterday, stepped on the scale, 5 pounds up! Oh my!

Came home yesterday, ran, and watched my dinner, down 1.8 of that. I will probably weigh in heavy on Sunday, but at this point, anything is better than 5 pounds heavier.

P.s. im going back to weighing myself everyday because I need the accountability!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Hi Ladies.
    Got slightly sunburned yesterday.
    Beautiful weather for a St. Patrick's parade.

My MOH -- also sunburned.
  • irishgrim
    irishgrim Posts: 38
    Options
    Did major exercising to come back down to my weight 2 weeks ago! its better than being up! hope everyone did well!

FYI- Have you ladies shopped at Wegmans and got the free newsletter they keep in the health foods section? I love them!
  • lildaug
    Options
    I'm not going to make my goal weight either. I originally wanted to lose 25 lbs in 12 weeks which was a bit aggressive. My weight loss has slowed down. I've lost 13 lbs in 9 weeks which is about 1.5 lbs/week so I'd be happy if I lost 5 more lbs by the end of the 12 weeks.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone.

Wishing all a week that is filled with healthier choices.
  • Jill4165
    Options
    New Challenge for this week in case anyone missed it :)

Brides:

We need a kick in the pants to get those scales moving again, so I'm bringing back the Exercise Minutes challenge.

1pt for each exercise minute from Monday through next Saturday.

25pts for reporting in on time AND BONUS 100pts for your whole team reporting in on time.

Good luck!
  • lildaug
    Options
    Just checking in with you girls to make sure you are all motivated and ready to finish this 12 week challenge strong. Even though I won't hit my original goal in 3 weeks I am going to try and lose 6 lbs. Any loss is still a victory!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Any loss is still a victory!

You said it right! :) Good Luck Ladies!!!
  • meglynne1987
    Options
    OK - Ladies!

I have finally made my dress appointment. It is at the end of April, so i have about 6 weeks to get rid of some of this weight before I am standing in front of all those mirrors!!!! AHHHHH!

What did you all do to get prepared for the fitting?
    Like what did you bring with you, what did you wear, etc.?

Meg
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    OK - Ladies!

What did you all do to get prepared for the fitting?
    Like what did you bring with you, what did you wear, etc.?

My suggestion -- until you know what style of dress you want, it's hard to determine what undergarments you will wear.
    Now, recall, my dress did not come from a bridal shop. I had my "normal" undergarments on when I got the dress.

My 2nd suggestion -- perhaps no dark colored or dark patterns on your undergarments if you're trying on white dress.

However, when I go to have the dress altered -- I plan to wear the undergarments and shoes I will wear at wedding.
    Right now the dress fits as is -- just needs hemming. If I can drop weight -- I may need to have the sides taken in.

What I'm unsure about is what size strapless bra I may need. Again, if able to drop weight, I may need a smaller size.
  • meglynne1987
    Options
    @PlumCrazyGirl

Thanks, good points. I have alot of styles i like LOL ... SO, I guess will have to wait until i see things on too. Then I guess I will look at all the accessories. :)

Thanks!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Sending my well wishes for all for an awesome week.