Feed Me!!

Options

Replies

• a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Inspired by something I saw on the forums this morning; I will be making this hopefully over the weekend (if not sooner)!

INGREDIENTS:
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1 cup prepared macaroni and cheese - your choice
    12 slices bacon
    I am going to add in some diced jalapenos

DIRECTIONS:
    Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl add ground turkey, egg, onion & garlic powder and bread crumbs. Mix well but do not over work.

In a 6 well cup-cake pan criss-cross 2 slices of bacon in each well, with the ends hanging over outside the well. Divide the turkey mixture into 6 portions. Flatten each portion into a pattie. Place a spoon of man & cheese in the center of each pattie. Shape the pattie around the mac & cheese. Like a stuffed meatball! Make sure the mac & cheese is sealed inside so all the cheesey goodness stays inside! Place each stuffed meat loaf into the cupcake well. Fold the exposed ends of the bacon over each meat-loaf.

Bake uncovered on a cookie sheet for 35-45 minutes. I put a slice of cheese over each meatloaf and melt it before serving. You can also make a glaze of equal parts ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and brush each meatloaf with the glaze and bake.
    http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1902/Turkey-Meatloaf-Stuffed-With-M123851.shtml
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of these almost every week for breakfast.

Apple Chicken Sausage
    1 lb ground chicken
    1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced small
    3 tsp poultry seasoning
    1 tsp red pepper flakes
    dash of salt and pepper

Mix all together, get all squishy with it. Form into 10 patties. Heat pan with about 1 TB olive oil. Once pan is hot, add patties. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side, then flip. After cooking 3-5 minutes on the other side I tend to add a TB or two of water to the bottom of the pan, to keep them moist while they finish cooking. Couple more flips and they're done.

Each patty is 89 cal, 3 carbs, 4 gm fat, 9 gm protein. I typically have 2-3 for breakfast. Yum.
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    These recipes all sound delicious ladies!!!! I love trying new recipes so I will have to give some of these a try! My go to meals are: (all homemade)

ground turkey tacos/tostadas
    chicken and bean enchiladas
    turkey chili in the crock-pot
    pulled BBQ chicken in the crock-pot
    baked chicken Parmesan
    Southwest turkey burgers
    Spniach and feta stuffed chicken or jalapeno pepper stuffed chicken

We obviously mix it up a lot, but these are my go to meals.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    So I do weekly meal planning, mostly to save money and because I like to cook - and before my plague takes full effect I wanted to get my grocery shopping done, and thought I'd share my menu for the next however many days with you guys. Most of this is homemade, or semi-homemade:

1. Enchiladas -
    2. Mexican Pizzas - like the taco bell ones but not taco bell.
    3. Shepherd's Pie
    4. Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
    5. BBQ Chicken cupcakes
    6. Turkey Tortilla soup
    7. Chicken Tikka Masala
    8. Lentil and Chicken Sausage with Spinach Stew
    9. Open face turkey sandwiches

For my fast meals I keep hamburgers,on hand, breakfast and pizza.

Oh Darwin, I need recipe for Chicken Tikki Masala ::pleaseandthankyou::
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    So I do weekly meal planning, mostly to save money and because I like to cook - and before my plague takes full effect I wanted to get my grocery shopping done, and thought I'd share my menu for the next however many days with you guys. Most of this is homemade, or semi-homemade:

1. Enchiladas -
    3. Shepherd's Pie
    5. BBQ Chicken cupcakes
    6. Turkey Tortilla soup
    7. Chicken Tikka Masala

Oh Darwin, I need recipe for Chicken Tikki Masala ::pleaseandthankyou::

Well, I buy a jar of tikka masala sauce.....and open it :) I make some chicken, cauliflower and rice - and voila! It's very complicated as you can see :)
  • a_vettestingray
    Options
    2013-02-08174924_zps10df0b65.jpg
    Mac N Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf with Bacon YUM YUM
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

1. Enchiladas -
    3. Shepherd's Pie
    5. BBQ Chicken cupcakes
    6. Turkey Tortilla soup
    7. Chicken Tikka Masala

I request more information on the BBQ Chicken Cupcakes puh-lease!!!!!

Come cook for me, lol. I have only ventured into stews so far. I have just never learnt to cook, though I have some good cookbooks around now. I think it is more that I have a small freezer that puts me off as I would like to cook and freeze portions. My meals tend to be very basic, like wild salmon, sweet potato and steamed vegetables or baked chicken, avocado, wild rice and broccoli.
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I need dinner ideas for the next week or so but my brain is much due to my impending wedding.....it's like baby brain, but wedding brain.....
    HELP ME OUT!

I'd prefer protein rich/gluten free ideas if you have them :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Since my other non-lettuce salad went over so well, here's another: Self-contained caprese salad

You'll need:

Roma tomatoes (however many you want to make, I can scarf down at least 2-3 at a time)
    Good mozzarella (I don't do the in water, but I do go for a high quality)
    basil
    balsamic vinegar

Start by reducing down the balsamic vinegar. I made about 15 tomatoes worth, and I used an entire bottle of balsamic and had some left over. You might want to leave the kitchen for this as it gets a little caustic in there, but you should stir it occasionally. And when I say reduce, I mean WAY down. It should get to the consistency of melted chocolate. It turns amazingly sweet and not sour at all, and I can eat it by the spoonful at this point.

Then, cut the tops off of the roma tomatoes and hollow them out. These will be the containers for the rest of the salad. Then, cut the mozzarella into small cubes (quarter of an inch on a side about), and chop the basil. I used about 2/3 of a log of mozzarella to fill my 15 tomatoes) I like the basil nice and fine, so I chiffonade first, then chop that.

Layer the mozzarella and basil into the tomatoes until they are filled (I usually fill them half with cheese, put in a pinch of basil, fill the rest with cheese, and then another pinch on top). Then drizzle the filling with a little bit of the reduced balsamic; a little goes a long way, but I guess it's maybe 1/4 tsp ish.

Insert into mouth; die in ecstasy.
  • Holmfridur_Gestsdottir
    Options

I just love pancakes on a Sunday morning with eggs, bacon and fruit! But wheat isn't doing me any favors. How are these holding up? Do the crumble when cooked on the pan or do they work out OK? I'd love to hear about that because I have been looking for a good substitute for a long time and the only recipe I found so far that I am satisfied enough has to be done in the oven.
  • mx2mama
    Options
    I just made another one that I found this morning, similar to Vette's but less a few items:

1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    3/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 scoop protein powder (I used 2 scoops Vi because it's what I have...26 grams in 2 scoops worked well)
    1/8 tsp. baking powder

Mix all ingredients together in a blender until it resembles pancake batter. Pour into a non-stick skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.

Mine came out to 462 calories and 64 grams of protein! YAY BABY!!!

Just made these pancakes with the addition of a banana per kids' request...YUMMY, with a hint of sweetness that I didn't need any syrup.

THANKS!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Tuna & pasta post-lifting meal
    (nutrients for 50g/2oz pasta, would recommend 75g/3oz)

50g wholewheat pasta
    130g (drained) cooked tuna (I used canned in brine/spring water)
    40g extra mature cheddar/other strong hard cheese
    1.5tbsp green pesto

Cook pasta. Grate cheese. Stir cheese, pesto and tuna into pasta over a low heat until cheese is melted or you're too hungry to care (5 mins max). Eat.

576cal
    32g carbs
    27g fat
    35g protein
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm. That looks nom.
  • a_vettestingray
    Options
    Slow-Cooker Chicken Pho
    Print, save and share this recipe.
    Makes: 6 servings, about 2 cups each
    Active time: 30 minutes | Slow-cooker time: 4 1/2 or 8 1/2 hours
    To prep ahead: Combine seasonings with broth; prep chicken; cover and refrigerate separately for up to 1 day. | Equipment: 5- to 6-quart slow cooker

Chicken Pho, a classic Vietnamese soup, is a perfect recipe for a slow cooker. The chicken and seasonings of star anise, cloves and ginger simmer all day in the crock pot, welcoming you home with an alluring aroma. Serve with the essential garnishes for pho soup--fresh herbs, bean sprouts, chiles and lime--and let everyone top their own. Serve chile-garlic sauce for those who want more heat.

8 cups low-sodium chicken broth (two 32-ounce boxes)
    2 tablespoons light brown sugar
    2 tablespoons fish sauce
    10 whole star anise (see Ingredient Note)
    6 whole cloves
    1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 cinnamon stick
    2 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds total), skin removed, trimmed
    6 ounces wide rice noodles
    6 cups chopped bok choy
    2 cups mung bean sprouts
    2 cups fresh basil leaves
    1 cup fresh mint leaves
    1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
    1 fresh Thai chile or serrano, thinly sliced
    1 lime, cut into 6 wedges

1. Combine broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, star anise, cloves, ginger and cinnamon stick in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken breasts, meat-side down. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours (or on Low for 8 hours).
    2. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Remove spices and discard. Add noodles and bok choy to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes.
    3. Remove the chicken from the bone and shred with two forks. When the noodles are tender, stir in the shredded chicken. Serve bowls of soup with bean sprouts, basil, mint, cilantro, sliced chile and lime wedges on the side so everyone can add their own toppings.

Per serving: 362 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 75 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrate; 4 g added sugars; 39 g protein; 3 g fiber; 645 mg sodium; 998 mg potassium. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (92% daily value), Vitamin C (80% dv), Iron (30% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Folate (21% dv), Magnesium (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv).
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I make this whole recipe to have for the week (brown rice of course)

Perfect Microwave Rice

Ingredients
    2 cups long grain rice
    3 1/2 cups water or stock
    1 1/2 teaspoons butter or oil
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Directions
    Place all ingredients in a large glass measuring or any microwave safe bowl. Note: the rice expands during cooking, so be sure to choose a container that is large enough. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Microwave on medium-low, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Do not stir the rice at any time during the cooking process. Season with salt and fluff with a fork just before serving.
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Tonight I winged it - but it was delicious! Not for the fat-fearful, however.

Fry up some bacon. Drain off most the fat, but leave a little in the pan. Then fry some plaintains in the bacon fat. Chop up the bacon and mix it with the plaintains, eat it all with some greek yogurt on top. And I guess you could throw a salad on the side. :)
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I don´t have any recipes, but I found this free e-book from Girls Gone Strong/ Lift like A Girl with recipes: http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/free-downloads/
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    After reading through a "I'm poor and want tasty food" thread on Reddit, I found an extra simple, super tasty way to eat beans and rice and meat (we used pork shoulder but chicken, fish, and probably beef would be awesome as well). The secret is this stuff:
    254557.jpg?2

Saute some onions and garlic in some butter (or fat of choice) and and a packet of the spice. Add a can of beans, juice and all. You can use dried beans that have been cooked. Make some rice and put the beans on top. Add other veggies if you want.

For meat seasoning, take your meat and poke some holes in it. Mix a spice packet with some garlic, salt and pepper, and a little olive oil until it makes a paste. Smear the paste on the meat (making sure to get it in the pokes you made) and bake at desired temperature. Eat the meat with the rice and beans. SO GOOD!

ETA: Azafrάn is saffron.