Feed Me!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    After reading through a "I'm poor and want tasty food" thread on Reddit, I found an extra simple, super tasty way to eat beans and rice and meat (we used pork shoulder but chicken, fish, and probably beef would be awesome as well). The secret is this stuff:
    254557.jpg?2

Saute some onions and garlic in some butter (or fat of choice) and and a packet of the spice. Add a can of beans, juice and all. You can use dried beans that have been cooked. Make some rice and put the beans on top. Add other veggies if you want.

For meat seasoning, take your meat and poke some holes in it. Mix a spice packet with some garlic, salt and pepper, and a little olive oil until it makes a paste. Smear the paste on the meat (making sure to get it in the pokes you made) and bake at desired temperature. Eat the meat with the rice and beans. SO GOOD!

ETA: Azafrὰn is saffron.

CC, Sazon Goya is the best! Please try Adobo Goya for all meats. It is really good too. I use it on a daily basis.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

CC, Sazon Goya is the best! Please try Adobo Goya for all meats. It is really good too. I use it on a daily basis.

I will, for sure!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=221472307976803&set=a.175925195864848.10709.168905136566854&type=1
    Homemade snickers protein bars:

Ingredients:

70g good quality non added sugar peanut butter (2 tablespoonfuls)
    180g whey protein powder (6 scoops, I used chocolate flavour)
    90g rolled oats
    30g ground flaxseed (3 tablespoons, preferably freshly ground)
    20g maple syrup (1 tablespoon)
    30g whole almonds (around 25 almonds)
    120-150ml of water

Preparation:

Combine peanut butter, whey protein, rolled oats and flaxseed in one large bowl and mix it together. Start adding water and keep mixing everything using your hand (the best way to do).

Keep mixing until there is nothing dry left in the bowl and sticky batter is formed. Now add maple syrup with almonds and mix it thoroughly.

The next thing to do is to form it in a flat shape. To make it easier you can use ziplocked freezer bag, fold it in half and spread the batter evenly.

Now put it in the freezer for 1 to 1.5h and cut into 7 equal bars.

Stats (per bar):

266 Calories
    25.7g Protein
    12g Fat (of which 7.1g monounsaturated and 2.8 polyunsaturated fat)
    12.5g Carbs (of which 3.2g dietary fiber)
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump