September Brides..wanna be weight loss buddies?

Options

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am strugging with "do i try to lose weight, and spend hundreds to alter?" or "try to maintain, because the dress fits like a glove right now"

I went for my first fitting and the dress didn't feel any different. I only lost 4 lbs doing my whole30 but i know my body composition changed beacuse almost all my pants are too big now. I was hoping the dress would be a little more loose, but it was not.

My next (and final fitting) is 7/5 which i think is strange.. but that's what the woman said.
  • Seraphin19
    Options
    Congratulations to all you ladies!! I am getting married 9/21 and starting to get a little scared. As of right now my dress is officially a size too small :0( ( never listen to a man when he tells you to just go ahead and get the size smaller because your losing weight.) With the wedding less than 4 mos away terror is starting to set in!!!!
  • Seraphin19
    Options
    Hey Jen... I saw that we have the same date! Not much longer to go, hopefully your planning is going well!. I'd say not to necessarily bust your butt, but do what you know will make you feel good about yourself. So you don't look back and say what if I'd have done this or that. But I'm sure either way you'll look great!!
  • ReikaValtryst
    Options
    hey all! I'm Nina and I'm getting married September 21st, 2013!!

I can't believe it but the day is coming fast! I just started back up a couple days ago!

Would love to share and cheer everyone on!

:wink: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wow I looked at so many posts! So many of us are getting married on 9/21!
  • MochaGirlwithCurls
    Options
    My first fitting is July 14th and my dress is still a size too small.( I think I haven't tried it on. Too afraid)...... I really hope I can lose enough weight by then.
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! after a terrible couple of weeks of being ill and then just simply losing track, I'm back and ready to get serious! Less than 3 months till wedding now and I'm Super excited and nervous. I'm not even close to where I wanted to be by now but as it stands I'll take whatever I can get from here until the wedding. Hope everyone's planning is going well :)
  • AlannaJW11
    AlannaJW11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not where I wanted to be either, but I'm still happy with the progress I've made! Anything is better than nothing at this point. I'm so glad I joined this community of ladies, it's been a great motivator! Getting so close gals!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I can relate Jen! I'm nervous too. We just got our invitations done last night, we just need to get them mailed. I had my last fitting on 7/6 and everything still fit great, except the bust is making me have some armpit bulge!! UGH. I really need to work on that.

I can't lose weight no matter what I do. I just don't get it. I've have my thyroid tested and my doctors say "it's normal" but my mom has Hashimoto's and I have celiac disease and they say that Autoimmune disorders Clump together, and if you have one, you most likely have several. I can't get my doctor to take me serious. it sucks!!!
  • indigobabe
    indigobabe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I'm new to the group and getting married on 9.14. My first dress fitting is 7.27 and - while I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress - I'm terrified I chose something that's not ideal for my body type. We'll see. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone. Exciting times!!
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had to rejoin. My account wouldn't let me in no matter what I did.
    So i have 7 1/2 weeks till my wedding. I tried my dress on yesterday w/ some body shapers I bought, and it just didn't go well.... I have such an A-line dress that it's pretty form fitting. It zipped but was tight in the hips and boob region.
    So I made an appt with the bridal store for Wednesday to see what my options are and even if I lose 10lbs lets say in 8 weeks, what is going to be done...

I HAVE TO DO THIS! I am going to MAKE myself walk for at least half hour in our Science building (i work at a college) that has a nice loop for 30 min that way I can eat the other 30 every day!!!!! Every tuesday i'm going to go to my sisters work out class and just fork up the $5 bucks to do it...

I am bound and determine!

But I do have invites out, linens situated, bartender booked, cake confirmed. I just need to get with caterer to confirm what he needs from us, DJ, and see how flowers are doing... EEK!
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    I get married the day after you!
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies, thanks for the add as we'll...look forward to keeping each other motivated!

We had a busy couple days here....bridesmaids had a fitting Monday and invites went out Tuesday!! Now I'll be so excited to check the mail for RSVP cards :)

My weight hasn't changed but I'm going to take measurements again soon As I'm feeling more confident lately. Fitting is next Thursday (1 week from tomorrow) and after 7 months not seeing the dress I just hope I love it still!!!

How's everyone else doing?

Well... we had a minor hopefully, not set-back. Found out a truck that was en-route from Columbus, Ohio to Lima, Ohio where I live carrying mail (all our mail is sorted out of Columbus, Ohio) caught on fire and some was completely destroyed and some if salvageable was sent back to sender. GOSH i hope my RSVP cards were not on there!!! I did start getting back though!
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Sorry to hear that - if all else fails, you can at least call the missing RSVPs and ask them for an answer. Almost makes it easier in a way, as you can give them a cop-out of "I'm guessing your response was in the fire, but could you let me know if you're coming and your meal choice?" :D

Wedding planning is humming along here - confirmed our beer and wine choices with the venue, have about 30% of our RSVP cards back, 4 of 5 bridesmaids have their dresses and they fit (the last one will be delivered hopefully this week!), and we've nailed down where and when my bachelorette party is happening. Also had lunch this weekend with the FMIL and FFIL, and FMIL would really like to throw a shower for me :) We've also finally figured out what we're doing for groomsmen gifts - I've already made each of them a really cool pair of bullet casing cufflinks (with the caliber of each of their own guns) and half of the crew will be getting really nice rifle cases with their names on them and the other half (which only have handguns) will be getting hydration packs (essentially Camelbaks, but my company's brand instead) with their names on them. Finally a groomsmen gift they will actually use! :D (If you can't tell, I come from a family and friends which are avid hunters and target shooters).
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    "Well... we had a minor hopefully, not set-back. Found out a truck that was en-route from Columbus, Ohio to Lima, Ohio where I live carrying mail (all our mail is sorted out of Columbus, Ohio) caught on fire and some was completely destroyed and some if salvageable was sent back to sender. GOSH i hope my RSVP cards were not on there!!! I did start getting back though!
    "

Oh my gosh!! Hopefully all works out, you may need to call a few people but that's usually the case anyways.

Sounds like people's plans are coming together! I'm super anxious for my fitting 1 week from today... I don't doubt the dress will fit still just not sure I love it. Guess ill see soon enough
    [/quote]

Well we got 4 more back yesterday.

Also, went for my first "unofficial" fitting. She said if it was like in 2 weeks, I would need to have it taken out. =( There is room, 1" on each side seam so total 2" on the side and if needed, the zipper can be taken out 1/2"... I have scheduled my first OFFICIAL fitting August 24th... EEK! At least we have a plan now.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    1 and a half months as of yesterday!!! OH MY GOD. Is anyone else freaking out?

Why don't we all post our wedding dates again? I'm 9/6!! 44 days!!!
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lol I had that realization this week too! Ours is 9/7 - I've knocked out almost all of my DIY projects and things seem to be coming together pretty well. Minorly frustrated with my seamstress at the moment but I'm sure it'll work out (I called in to potentially move my fitting appointment to a different day next week. The receptionist sent through a cancellation of my original appt immediately before we'd decided for sure and now I haven't seen the invitation come through yet to reinstate my fitting appointment!) Our RSVP deadline was 7/19 (five days ago) and we've only gotten 48% of our RSVPs back too.... Ok, I think I'm stressing myself out now! :)
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    1 and a half months as of yesterday!!! OH MY GOD. Is anyone else freaking out?

Why don't we all post our wedding dates again? I'm 9/6!! 44 days!!!

I have 48 days! September 15th. Can't believe it's coming up so fast!
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    All my invites have been sent and so far we have around 65 people coming lol. I had my bachelorette dinner party Saturday which was a lot of fun even thought we didn't go CRAZY! It was nice and relaxing and lots of laughter. Sunday I had my bridal shower... my kitchen and dinning room look like its going to EXPLODE with everything that came home that day. I need to pick up cardstock paper to print my programs and get those hole punched here at work. Need ribbon to put on them too. My sister and I are starting the mason jar project... OH my!!!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ours is Sept 14, our RSVP reply date is Aug 5 - we are still waiting on at least 68 people to respond!!! So frustrating
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    We didnt' do RSVP's.. our wedding is so small and we aren't doing a sit down dinner. I have to admit, it's a little stressful knowing if everyone got our invitation however.. LOL.

38 days! EEEEk