September Brides..wanna be weight loss buddies?

Options

Replies

• ens102
    ens102 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am having a freak out, our wedding is 7th September. I am just recovering from knee surgery, without being able to exercise I have managed to gain about 7pounds so instead of having only a couple of ponds to lose I am have 35 days to lose 13 pounds and cannot run/jump/squat! AAaaarrrgh!
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    I am having a freak out, our wedding is 7th September. I am just recovering from knee surgery, without being able to exercise I have managed to gain about 7pounds so instead of having only a couple of ponds to lose I am have 35 days to lose 13 pounds and cannot run/jump/squat! AAaaarrrgh!

Can you sit on a stability ball and work your core and use free weights to work arms? Just a suggestion =)
  • beckyverhoff
    Options
    I am really trying not to get on the scale any more... I was so upset that Friday when I got on it, it didn't budge... But my hips feel slimmer and more tone, even my fiance said it. So until wedding, I'm going with how my clothes fit and not getting on scale! My sister is a physical trainer and she said that i may be losing inches but not the weight which is better!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Oh no! That really sucks! =( Hope you figure something out!
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Soo...on the whole RSVP thing, how long should I wait before directly contacting people to ask for their RSVP response and meal choices? I'm very torn. Our reply date was July 19 - as of today we have 60% of our responses back... I'm still waiting on over 50 RSVPS... Everything else is going peachy though lol :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    How are all the ladies doing!? I am 27 days away from my last day of work (9/4), 29 days away from saying "I Do" and 30 days away from being on my honeymoon! I am ecstatic. I'm ready for August to fly by, because I am so ready for all of this to happen!

Only 17.5 working days until vacation starts....

OMG!!!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Jen- We are going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It's certainly not exoctic, but we love it there!
  • gosioux08
    Options
    Lol - we're going to do a mini-moon at a small resort along the north shore of Lake Superior so I'd say ours is even less exotic than yours ;) Although we do love it there - beautiful hiking trails and gorgeous views of the lake and wilderness areas!

We're taking our actual honeymoon in Jan/Feb and doing back to back caribbean cruises so we can do some serious scuba diving :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Go- Sounds great!! That would be lovely!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I agree Jen! Only 25 days until my honeymoon!
  • gosioux08
    Options
    One of my really good friends (and bridesmaids) just got married a little over a week ago. At my bachelorette party this past weekend, she told everyone that she is on a kick of "not wanting stuff or clutter around their apartment", so she proceeded to tell everyone that she has already returned 80% of their wedding and shower gifts since coming back from their mini-honeymoon a few days ago. I think the rest of my friends/bridesmaids were flabbergasted and just changed the subject very quickly. It's apparent to me that she sees nothing wrong with returning everything (and please note, these were almost all items from their registries and they had over 300 wedding guests). Anyone else see an issue with this?!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    VERY RUDE. Why even register?? We are having a tiny wedding and really just want cash ( of course we didn't SAY that to anyone) but we just didn't register because we just don't NEED anything that bad. So hopefully we get some cash.. if not? oh well!
  • gosioux08
    Options
    I second that! :) I had my final fitting last Friday so my dress is now safely back at home and my weight MUST not fluctuate too much lol. My seamstress takes these amazing photos of each of her brides in their finished dresses on a chaise lounge. Once the wedding is over, I can't wait to show them off :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I will def share my pictures! I will probably just link to my facebook album because that is the easiest way to do it! I can't wait 15 days tomorrow!!!!
  • gosioux08
    Options
    Wow - 12 days until the wedding! :) And only three more days of work (literally - I put in my three week notice and will be starting my new job on Sept 16!) It's been a bit crazy because of that and I'm starting to feel a bit of the stress.... SUPER bad heartburn the past few workdays... Still have a few projects left to finish but only one that's minorly worrying me. Final headcount due to the bakery tomorrow morning and to the caterer Wednesday morning. Stuff's getting real!

BTW bburg - LOVE the new profile pic!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Go - thank you!! This was from my hair and makeup trial this past weekend! I loved it!! I have 10 days today and it's starting to feel real. I was thinking earlier "next friday, I will be married!!" oh geez!!

Starting this friday (1 week exactly) I am doing No sugar, no added salt, trying to avoid a ton of carbs, and just eating whole healthy foods to avoid any last minute bloat for my dress!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Jenn and ladies- My wedding and honeymoon is over.. Everything went great. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was absolutley beautiful!! Right after the wedding we left for our honeymoon (a couple hours later) it was wonderful too.. It all goes so fast. I can't believe i'm back at work. It was like I blinked and it is all over. =( ladies who have upcoming weddings.. enjoy every second!!!!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    How many of you brides have Instagram?? I posted a TON of my pics on there! Find me under bburg

If you don't mind listing your name, go ahead! I'd love to see everyone elses pics!
  • jessbrooksforgan
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well, I'm five days out from my wedding. It's been long, stressful, and exciting ride. Feeling a little down the last couple days, though, knowing I barely made it halfway to my goal. I do know, however, because my weight loss was not as drastic as I had hoped, I am a thousand times more likely to keep it off and keep going with it, it's just a little disheartening. But, it does give me something to keep working for - and I am definitely going to keep working. I have to try on my dress today and I am very nervous. If it still fits, I will be happy. If not, well, I guess I'll figure that out when I get there. No matter what, I know I will be happier than I have ever been on Saturday, I just need to get there. Lots still left to do though, so I better get back to it! :)

Jess
  • gosioux08
    Options
    Hey ladies - sorry I went MIA after the wedding! Things went great, just got pictures back two weeks ago and they are gorgeous! We had two more weddings in the month after ours (with me being in one and my husband in the other!) so it's just been a bit crazy. Now we're looking forward to our honeymoon at the end of January and working on thank you notes. Hope things are going well for the other newlyweds out there too! Miss you ladies!