Personal best on deads

Options

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the meet. I bet you can't wait for the next one.
    Thanks! And you're right. June '14 can't get here fast enough. That'll be my next Full Power event. Although, there's a bench-only in February that I might participate in just so I can get some more bench competition experience. That was the one lift that gave me the most fits.
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just set a PR at 365 lbs. First weight that I have failed at and not very impressive compared to everyone else.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I just did my last heavy deadlift day in my current Cube cycle and ripped 95% of my existing max with ease. Looking forward to passing 450 finally after a long fight at that level.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just hit a PB last week on Dead's - 245KG\540Lb's. Next comp is on the 1st December, Planned Lifts are: 232.5KG Opener (Because I finished on that weight in mi last comp!), 240KG second lift, and 250KG Third for a PB
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    max is now 210kg
  • milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    115kg/254lb DL at 52kg/115lb bodyweight. Work to be done :/
  • CarlKRobbo
    Options
    Just thought I'd update this...

A few posts back I listed my planned lifts, and got all 3! So new PB of 250KG @90KG BW..... Must compete more... That's 2 DL PB's in 2 comps now!!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd update this...

A few posts back I listed my planned lifts, and got all 3! So new PB of 250KG @90KG BW..... Must compete more... That's 2 DL PB's in 2 comps now!!

Wow. That's awesome. You must be over the moon. Great numbers.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

That was a bit of a grind. It feels great when you get them though right? Nice job.
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    Yeah I really didn't use my hips to bring it through on the end like I should have.
  • CarlKRobbo
    Options
    Cheers Julie!!

However, my Deadlift PB's keep on rolling....

255KG today at 89KG BW!!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Had a really bad day at work a few weeks back. Hit my PR of 385lbs with no belt and with no real intention of trying for that. I had to let off some steam and the lifts felt light. so I kept going up. Even the 385lb lift felt not that heavy
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Had a really bad day at work a few weeks back. Hit my PR of 385lbs with no belt and with no real intention of trying for that. I had to let off some steam and the lifts felt light. so I kept going up. Even the 385lb lift felt not that heavy

YESSSSSS! Congrats! Unplanned PRs are awesome.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I forgot about this thread...I got 265lb x 5 the other day....working towards next goal of 300, by hook or by crook.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Pulled 4 plates on Xmas. It was a planned 1RM day and was getting psyched up all day. Form was great and 405 went up with aplomb. That was my long term goal, so I guess now I need to change it to 5 plates.

My question is how can I DL 405 and only squat 285?
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    Pulled 4 plates on Xmas. It was a planned 1RM day and was getting psyched up all day. Form was great and 405 went up with aplomb. That was my long term goal, so I guess now I need to change it to 5 plates.

Let's see video of both lifts. you pull sumo or conventional?
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    sumo. I'll take some DL video on Saturday. I may have some older squat video @ 185 lbs.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cheers Julie!!

However, my Deadlift PB's keep on rolling....

255KG today at 89KG BW!!

That's superb, you're where I wish to be by the end of the year. Currently 100kg with a 200 kg deadlift, I hope my goal is realistic either way I'll have fun trying to hit it.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

Most people's deads are higher than their squat. Because I think the squat deals with a lot more core strength IMHO. ie.. you can probably leg press 600-700lbs because your core is out of the equation.