March Chat

Options

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jeanmrob. I really enjoy this site, too. It's a wonderful way to get encourage and share news and ideas.

I started playing the mountain dulcimer and hammered dulcimer in my mid-50s. I got pretty good for awhile then stopped playing for awhile. Trying to get into it again.

Never been to the UK, still trying to see the USA!

Nice to have a new face here.

Ronna
  • gramanana
    Options
    @californiagirl: Thanks, it is good to be back--to sleep in my own bed and eat food that I know is gluten free. I missed my treadmill, too, believe it or not. I'm ready for new challenges, too, so I hope you're still doing them. If you need some ideas, let me know and I'll do some research to come up with new ones.

Glad to be home and in back in a routine (slow starting) and able to communicate with my MFP friends again on a regular basis.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ronna.... nice to meet you

Jean
  • gramanana
    Options
    The chat group seems really quiet the last couple of days. I guess we're all busy with our lives. I'm still trying to get back into the routine after being away for 3 weeks. At least the sun is shinning here, even though it's very cold. Hopefully, spring is just around the corner.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hello chatters and chattees. How we all doing? I hope marvelous. Well as we know today is the 1st day of SPRING! Yehaw. So our weather is around 60 degrees and rainy. But, that is ok. I like the rain once in awhile. And besides, here, March came in like a lamb, so we know it has to go out like that LION. We will see.

This afternoon I am going with my DIL and 2 1/2 year old grandson to the library. There is a lady there called, the bubble lady. I can't wait to see what she does. And seeing Evan's face too.

This week, I have only being doing so so on the eating less. Some weeks are like that and it is ok. When I fell under that wagon the other day, you all came to my rescue so quickly and pulled me out from under there. Thank you all so much. It is nice knowing you all have my back, front, sides, arms, legs, head. oh heck, it is nice knowing you all have ME. What marvelous pals you all are.

Ok, off to exercise. Have a fantastic day you all and find some laughter today in anything.

Marjie
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    Happy first day of spring to everyone. Here in North Carolina, the daffodils are in full bloom. Made the mistake of transplanting strawberries outside last weekend when it was 70 degrees. Now tonight it is supposed to be in the mid 20's. Guess I'll have to get out and cover them when i get home. And all my fruit trees are in blossom. Hopefully I will still get some fruit this year.

Out of the mouth of babes: My 3 year old grandson saw a bike in Walmart that he wanted. His mother tried to explain to him over and over again that the Easter Bunny might bring him that bike, that she was not going to buy it for him. He was very persistant that Pop ( my hubby) take him back to get the bike. After about a half hour of talking about the Easter Bunny, Jackson turned to his mother and with a very serious look on his faced asked, " Mommy what is an Easter Bunny?" It was priceless.

I love reading the chatter from this community. Keep it up. God Bless everyone.

Pam
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    That is priceless Pam........ :flowerforyou:

Here in the UK Spring has brought snow to cover the crocus .... it is cold and miserable ...... I am really looking forward to the next few weeks when the weather improves and walking becomes more of a pleasure .... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Happy Vernal Equinox everyone!
    Took this picture of our community rose garden in Mesa, AZ on this beautiful first day of spring during my bike ride. Those of you in colder climates -- you'll be warming up soon too! Enjoy the spring :flowerforyou:
    156033_590436117635814_1648133837_n.jpg
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Absolutlly BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thank you for sharing this. Ahhhhh, sigh
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you drive up 101 on the coast... let me know... I will take you out for tea!! I live in Gold Beach, OR :smile:
  • Mrsmartin61
    Mrsmartin61 Posts: 119
    Options
    Happy Spring! I am looking forward to the warmer days .... I am read to work in the yard. Seeing those lovely roses in the pic you posted made me even more confident that it will be warmer soon!

Welcome to the new members that recently joined.

I am busy with cabin guests still -- and working in my shoppe. We have been keeping the grandboy (age 6) more these days too since his maw works crazy hours. He helps me gather eggs and feed the animals.

I have to get back to exercise --- my walking plan needs to be pushed harder!

All have a great week! God Bless! :flowerforyou:
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you drive up 101 on the coast... let me know... I will take you out for tea!! I live in Gold Beach, OR :smile:

I have a cousin who used to live in Gold Beach, nice place.
    We are enjoying Spring - but somewhat cold for March - My cousin in Everett (20 miles away) had snow this morning, very unusual for western Washington. The tulips, daffs,and other bulbs look great. And a few blooming cherry trees.

Have a great day, everyone. !persistence!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of all of you with the spring like weather and Wooken those beautiful flowers!!! I live in Western Michigan and we had about 1" of lake effect snow yesterday on top of the 4" we have received in the last 4 days. Everyone is cranky and wants to get rid of their winter coats and snow boots. "sigh"
  • Wooken3
    Options
    After biking to work, came out to a flat tire :grumble: I had to call for Hubby Pick-up Service -- he's so handy to have around :heart:
    alex-ross-flat-bike-tire-saturday-evening-post-cover-july-24-1943.jpg

Regarding Arizona weather...all are welcome to visit anytime between June and October to learn the true meaning of dry heat! :laugh:
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    After biking to work, came out to a flat tire :grumble: I had to call for Hubby Pick-up Service -- he's so handy to have around :heart:

Regarding Arizona weather...all are welcome to visit anytime between June and October to learn the true meaning of dry heat! :laugh:
    Oh yeah... except for our quasi-monsoon. May get rain --- more likely dust! :ohwell:
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nice to have hubby Pick-up service, eh? Mine was delightfully absent most of the day. I usually enjoy him around, but it was nice to have a break. You know, pick your nose, pick your toes, all in privacy.

!persistence!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Oh yeah... except for our quasi-monsoon. May get rain --- more likely dust! :ohwell:

I know - no place is perfect. I do like the heat though. I'm embarrassed to admit that I like to sweat. :embarassed:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Blizzard conditions here in the UK....... I managed my usual work/trudge this morning....... and then cleared the drive of snow so we could get out the car to go shopping........ then spent the afternoon cosy and toasty under a blanket on my sofa..... snow is still coming down horizontally and looks like tomorrow will be the same.........

I will have to work out how to post a photo here.......... it sure would contrast with the beautiful flowers posted earlier......

:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Hubby Pick-Up Service hauled my bike off to the shop this morning. Broken glass was found in tire and tube. :grumble: So now proud owner of a Serfas Drifter City rear tire, new slime thorn resistance tube and labor charges. :ohwell:

And life rolls on…
    fiets939.gif
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Beautiful flowers.