March Chat

Options

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of all of you with the spring like weather and Wooken those beautiful flowers!!! I live in Western Michigan and we had about 1" of lake effect snow yesterday on top of the 4" we have received in the last 4 days. Everyone is cranky and wants to get rid of their winter coats and snow boots. "sigh"

I'm right there with you in northern Illinois. Every time we start to see the grass, it snows again. The below average temps don't help either. I want to walk/bike a little outside, but until it warms up some that's not going to happen. Have faith--Spring will come!

@Wooken -- I've been in Arizona in November and April. It's just beautiful then. Not sure I could handle the "dry heat" though. We might spend some time in Baton Rouge with the grandkids this summer and I can experience the "wet heat." Not sure I'll like that either. LOL
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Good to see you are spinning your wheels again Wooken. Another lovely day here as autumn approaches and the drought continues. Good for me but bad for the farmers. Booked the holiday apartment, rental car and flights for Australia in July. Off to the vintage steam fair today.
  • Mrsmartin61
    Mrsmartin61 Posts: 119
    Options
    Alamo - I have been to Oregon, where you live. I took a drive up the coast many years ago.....beautiful ...and I remember those winding mountain roads --- I was sort of nervous with all those switch-backs! I was a young driver then -- I would not even attempt it now!!

We got a blast of cooler weather here today -- I have been in my sweat jacket all day. I had a good day at the antique/collectible store.

I am on limited food the rest of weekend -- I am having a colonoscopy next Tuesday. No veggies or fruit from tomorrow til the exam. Ugh -- not my most pleasant thought -- but since hubby did his sleep study without canceling out -- I told him I would be good and get my exam done!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would add a picture of the snow we've had this week! And it's still -18C tonight! But I don't know how to add a picture!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    After digging out the car on Friday I had to dig it out twice yesterday so my husband could get out...He is disabled and can't do it himself.....today was looking forward to going out for a meal but our little road was all snowed in again....a few neighbours were out digging so I joined them and we have cleared the road...lots of exercise.... calories burned and a meal out tonight.....all good....

27135_10200228071441963_281207588_n.jpg

That road is now all cleared...

Jean
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All that snow shoveling. You deserve dinner out! It is very pretty.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hi All, The extra hours at the tax office has been taking time away from MFP. so I need to get current on the Chat Board. :wink:

@Gramanana: Great to see you back on MFP, I've missed your posts. Regarding "dry heat", 116F is 116F and I don't care how dry it is. :laugh: But I must say, I'll take 116F with 4% humidity over 90F with 90% humidity any day.

@Alamo: ♥ your part of the world -- next time we're in that area, we'll have to meet up for coffee :drinker: And if you pass though Phx on your way to New Mexico, be sure and let me know! drinker

@lintino: WoW! Your part of the the world has sure been hit with winter this year! We'll be traveling in the Northland end of May & early June…maybe the winter weather will be gone by then! :ohwell: Regarding liking to , well come visit Phx anytime during the summer and you will for sure sweat. Of course, you don't realize you're sweating because the moisture evaporates so quickly leaving just the salt on your skin. :glasses:

@rbeckner711: Hello to another MFP living in The Valley of the Sun!!

@jeanmrob: Welcome! With that wet snowfall, Mother Nature gave you quite the workout. :smile: You more than earned your dinner. :heart: the photo, plz post more!

Well I'm back off to the tax office this afternoon, but this time to get my own taxes filed!

4632380-a-tax-time-themed-montage-for-us-taxpayers-warning-about-the-due-date-of-april-15.jpg
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Today is the monthly lunch out with the girlfriends. There are 3 of us and I invited 2 other ladies to join us. My turn to choose and I found a Puerto Rican place. The menu looks yummy. I have no idea what the calorie content will be. But today is about friends and fun, so I will throw caution to the wind and enjoy my day!

Have a good Sunday you all.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Wanted to share photo of me biking to work today :bigsmile:

fiets487.gif
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share photo of me biking to work today :bigsmile:

fiets487.gif
    Hilarious!!!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Still watching snow flurries this morning, but thankfully, there has been little accumulation, just a dusting. We're supposed to start warming up towards the end of the week. Can't wait!!!!

Was very lazy last week, but plan to get back to work this week. Exercise and light housekeeping and cooking. I need to make some gluten free bread in the very near future. We bought the one flour I was missing, so I have no excuse. LOL

Have a great day everyone.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Finally got some biking in today -- 17.2 mi. It was 62F when I headed out at 5:45am and just light enough that I didn't need to put on the bike's lights.

The morning air was thick with the smell of citrus starting with the huge Ruby Red grapefruit tree right out my front door. The smell of citrus blossoms is one of my favorite things at this time of year. That and the final count-down --18 days -- to tax season be over. :bigsmile:

citrus-blossoms-300x225.jpg
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Finally got some biking in today -- 17.2 mi. It was 62F when I headed out at 5:45am and just light enough that I didn't need to put on the bike's lights.

The morning air was thick with the smell of citrus starting with the huge Ruby Red grapefruit tree right out my front door. The smell of citrus blossoms is one of my favorite things at this time of year. That and the final count-down --18 days -- to tax season be over. :bigsmile:

citrus-blossoms-300x225.jpg

I love the smell of citrus blossoms.
  • rbeckner711
    Options
    I'm getting physical therapy 3x week to strengthen my back. The stretches are the best. lol
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    @wooken, I am so glad you got out to ride. I know how much you enjoy that and you do extremely well too!

@rbeckner, Yes, the stretches are so good for our backs. I have had many years of PT for my upper and lower back and still do most of what I learned each day here at home.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Noticed the first chocolate rabbit logging yesterday and made me think of this cartoon. :bigsmile:

easter3.gif

Inquiring minds need to know...do you eat the ears or the tail first?
  • gramanana
    Options
    I always start at the top!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    I just shove that whole bunny in my mouth all at once. LOL kidding. I start with the ears.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What, do you eat those things? Its been so long, I'm not sure which to eat first.:huh:
  • rbeckner711
    Options
    @wooken, I am so glad you got out to ride. I know how much you enjoy that and you do extremely well too!

@rbeckner, Yes, the stretches are so good for our backs. I have had many years of PT for my upper and lower back and still do most of what I learned each day here at home.
    I'm finally realizing the exercises, like my dietary changes, need to be for life. (I'm a very slow learner! :laugh: ) Any weight loss really improves the load on my back.