March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
    Jack Dixon

March 2013:
    Mollie - 20
    The Binge - 7 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th)

Days did not log it all - 4 (10th, 14th, 17th, 25th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    March 28

Sarah: 18
    Binge monster: 10

Feels terrible, but still she binges..
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    March 27
    Karen 19
    The Binge 8

Days Left 4

Binge Days
    3/1 3/3 3/6 3/7 3/8
    3/16 3/17 3/18

YEAH one more day I beat the binge!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 17
    Binge: 10
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 27, 2013

Me: 23
    Binge: 4 (3/1,3/3, 3/7, 3/16)

Binge-free for: 11 days

Well yesterday wasn't great. I made some not so smart food choices. I went to a concert and was starving by the end and couldn't resist passing up the tradition of getting a late night dinner. Oh well I went over by a few hundred calories, but I won't beat myself up about it. Today is a new day and at least yesterday didn't turn into a binge!
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    March 28th:

Me: 3
    Binge: 1

Sooo much easier now that I have to report this to someone. . . this is the greatest thing I've found. . .thanks everyone (ok, I know, it's not always going to be easy. . . but usally one binge DAY leads to one binge WEEK before I straighten back up!):blushing:
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 18
    Binge - 10
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-28-13

Me: 20

Binge: 8 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15, 3/21, 3/25, 3/27)

Being honest, sigh. Today I'm sticking with produce..I have four weeks until I have to fit into this bridemaids dress, I need to be very serious. New motto: NO EXCEPTIONS. It is enough time to be healthy and make good choices.
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 28th
    Me:28
    Binge:0
    Easter holidays started today, now begins the real challenge!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 28

Me: 17
    Binge: 1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 18.
    Binge - 10.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Me - 24
    Binge 4

Today my daughter asked "mom, why is there no food in the house". My reply " because I don't want to eat it all". Which is how I feel today and pretty much all week long. Lets hope for a successful weekend. I have to work, so I'll stay busy :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
    Jack Dixon

March 2013:
    Mollie - 21
    The Binge - 7 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th)

Days did not log it all - 4 (10th, 14th, 17th, 25th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
    [/quote]
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Can we do this for April!? I really missed out here!! :sad:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Jaimrix - I'm pretty sure a lot of us want to continue for April, so someone will either start a new thread or we'll keep going here :)

March 29th

Sarah: 19
    Binge: 10
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 17
    Binge: 11
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 19
    Binge - 10
  • info_nrs
    Options
    Me: 20:drinker:

Binge: 6:angry:

I actually lost some weight this week..it's been a long binge cycle and I am only losing weight that I recently gained. Still, I am better off than I would be if I wasn't on here struggling with the Monster.

One of my big triggers is lack of sleep and I have been working really hard on that one. I think it makes a huge difference. I actually track my sleep in the check-in section on here so I can use the reports to see my progress. I'm tracking HOC - hours on the computer, too. One of the best features of this site is the fact that everything I do gets logged and I can go back and look at what I actually do. I tend to pretend it isn't that bad:laugh:
    Today makes 8 days binge free.

I am with you on this. Lack of sleep and stress cause the binging. Lack of planning too (which sort of follows after lack of sleep and stress!!!) I think if we identify what is doing it to us, then it won't be so bad of an issue. Will we ever be perfect? NO. . . but we're getting there :drinker:
  • info_nrs
    Options
    March 29th

Me: 3
    Binge: 2

Oh no, he's catching back up. . . DARN YOU March Madness. . . . (yes, I blame it on the close Sweet 16 games. . .someone has to be responsible) :grumble:
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/29/13
    Me = 28 days of food sobriety
    BM = 0
    A curious thing happened last night. Prior to the March challenge, Thursday nights have been my binge nights (and Friday and Saturday). This is because I have my accountability weigh-in and meeting early that evening. In March, I still looked forward to my food on Thursday nights, but last night I didn't. It wasn't due to what I had planned to eat, but rather eating in general. As it now stands, my easier times are when I am not eating.

This is odd for me. That not eating is easier. I've been planning my food so that each meal I have something to look forward to, but I have been repeating my snacks with items we have on hand that are low triggers for me. Perhaps I am bored with them. I denied myself traditional Christmas and Valentine's snacks, but I'm considering budgeting in Easter snacks. This is a bit scary. I hope to find a single portion to purchase, so that I am not tempted with multiple portions of a snack we don't normally have in the house.

The other strange thing that is happening is that my anxiety and depression have lessened during these 4 weeks of no bingeing. I had thought that taking away my food-crutch that I used to avoid painful feelings, would make me more irritable, anxious, and depressed. Instead, I have more confidence. This confidence is not due to weight loss. I've lost a moderate amount of weight (considering how much I was eating while bingeing I would have thought I'd have lost a lot more) and am realizing that I need to learn patience regarding the slow way I am losing weight. It was explained to me that my confidence has grown because I have a plan and I am in control. Instead of reacting to situations and stuffing myself, I am being proactive and planning ahead.