March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    3-30-13

Me: 22

Binge: 8 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15, 3/21, 3/25, 3/27)

Worried about the brunch buffet tomorrow for Easter. My goal is to just eat at brunch and then have a lot of water the rest of teh day. I can do this. I will do this.

and nothing else?? if you try to stop yourself from eating for the rest of the day, be careful. This, in my experience, is a sure-fire way to set yourself up for a binge later. could you be more vigilant the rest of day to counter the brunch rather than just have water?
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    kge0891 - :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you had such a traumatic couple of days. I guess the hardest thing is feeling like people don't have your back when you really need them. Maybe take comfort in the fact that it is Easter and most of these people probably had a lot of plans, and even if they may not seem that important to you (like your mums church service) they may mean a lot to the person involved. I would suggest that you voice your hurt to the people that matter most and let them know that you felt they weren't there for you. you may be surprised by how they respond. I've found some of my worst binges have been based on assumptions I've told myself that have been completely un-founded, and the person involved had no idea of the effect of what they said or did had on me. I have found that finding my voice is so therapeutic to me in this journey. Good luck with the Easter dinners. We're doing roast so "easy" to stay within goal for the day.

Look forward to posting a Sarah 21, Binge monster: 10 later today!

Yeah I actually did confront everyone about how I felt! I posted on my sorority's Facebook group about it and how upset it made me. I got a lot of apologetic texts and people thanked me for addressing the issue, because I am not the first this has happened to. My mother on the other hand, when I try to confront her about thins can get very aggravated to the point where she can't listen to my side of the story, because she thinks any confrontation is a personal attack on her. Also, she has never quite gotten over/ accepted my atheism as she is very religious. So me talking to her about Good Friday won't really work. However I am feeling much better and am glad everyone in my sorority offered their support.

Good luck to everyone handling the temptations of Easter today!!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Me Vs the Binge Challenge

March 30
    Karen 22
    The Binge 8

Days Left 1

Binge Days
    3/1 3/3 3/6 3/7 3/8
    3/16 3/17 3/18

Several days in a row including 2 dinners out and no binge. YEAH
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    kge0891 sorry about the tough week you had!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 19
    Binge: 11
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 31st
    Me:31
    Binge:0
    No binges in March, whoop whoop!! :drinker:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    food_kills - fantastic effort!
    kge0891- glad your sorority sisters were apologetic. Re your mum sounds fair enough, sometimes it's best to leave things be!! Glad your feeling better.
    Karen - great work. so hard over easter too! :)

March 31st

Sarah: 21
    Binge: 10
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 19.
    Binge - 12.

Diabolical end to the month. Lot of binging and overeating, and a lot of very strong feelings of utter self loathing as a result today, not a happy bunny, here's hoping I can get a grip for April.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Me - 26
    Binge - 5

Lots of temptation at work today, but I didn't fall for it :)
    Bring on April, I'm ready ...
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 31, 2013

Me: 24
    Binge: 7 (3/1,3/3, 3/7, 3/16, 3/28, 3/29, 3/31)

Binge-free for: 0 days

Well the month ended pretty badly for me, but tomorrow is a brand new month. To end the month, I would like to not dwell on my failures, but look at my success and evaluate my goals for April.

Some success I've had:
    - I was able to donate blood when in the past I've been turned down for having a rapid HR (over 100bpm). This time my HR was 74 bpm
    - I bought a dress for my formal in two weeks and it was a size 7/8. Two years ago, my dress was a size 12.
    - I am halfway done with JM 30DS (although I've had to take a few days off).
    - I am pretty sure I've gained some serious muscle mass!

Goals for April
    - Keep a closed diary for the ENTIRE month. When I'm having a binge, I close my diary, because I am ashamed. When I'm doing well I open it up, but when I binge again, I don't log everything because my diary is open. I will keep it closed this month, and log as much as possible!
    - I am going to try my hardest to log every meal on Recovery Record, the free app for eating disorders Chocoholic5555 recommended in a thread earlier in the day. It seems great. For every meal you have to decide how hungry you are before eating, and if you feel satisfied, how tired you are, whether you are bored, angry, upset, disgusted, etc. Then you can write how you feel for each meal. I think this will be a great tool for me. Maybe I can finally figure out the reason I binge. I may be able to pick out a pattern, possibly related to how much sleep I got the night before, or how I am feeling,
    - I am going to try and beat this month, meaning LESS THAN 1 FULL WEEK (7 DAYS) OF BINGING.

This is all I can think of right now, but here's to a new month and another chance to beat the binge! :happy:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 31

Me: 20
    Binge: 1

Wasn't sure how today was going to turn out with a high cal breakfast but was able to make good choices going out to eat tonight to keep myself from bingeing.
  • jstar54321
    jstar54321 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group...
    Its a new month...
    Me:0
    The Binge:1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My April Goals are:

To listen to my body rather than follow routine... if I am tired, I go to bed, not stay up simply because I feel I must have my bedtime drink and snack, or watch such and such, or finish reading such and such before bed.

To Incorporate a meal out or a coffee shop trip once a week, and keep the other days as free of sugar and processed foods as possible, other than very dark you know what.

To drink more water/herbal teas.

To take something with me for after a workout.

To pause before I eat, and check if I am hungry.

To quit spending all evening on mfp and actually do something creative, or that will make me feel I have done something useful.

To not bring crappy foods into my home - keep them to that one meal a week.

To lose at least 2-3 Ibs.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
    Jack Dixon

March 2013:
    Mollie - 21
    The Binge - 10 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th, 29th, 30th, 31st)

Days did not log it all - 6 (10th, 14th, 17th, 25th, 30th, 31st)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar -6 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 25
    The Binge: 6

Final.

I'm really happy with this month!
    I went through a bad stretch after Valentines with all that candy around and finally got back to steady healthy eating about two weeks ago.
    The big blessing is that I didn't eat all the Easter crap that was around because I really don't want to go through that again:ohwell:
    It's not really worth the risk to me.

Great work everyone. On to April and more binge free days :drinker:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-30-13

Me: 22

Binge: 9 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15, 3/21, 3/25, 3/27, 3/31)

Awfully excited are ready to start April. Determination is very high.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    My April Goals are:

To listen to my body rather than follow routine... if I am tired, I go to bed, not stay up simply because I feel I must have my bedtime drink and snack, or watch such and such, or finish reading such and such before bed.

To Incorporate a meal out or a coffee shop trip once a week, and keep the other days as free of sugar and processed foods as possible, other than very dark you know what.

To drink more water/herbal teas.

To take something with me for after a workout.

To pause before I eat, and check if I am hungry.

To quit spending all evening on mfp and actually do something creative, or that will make me feel I have done something useful.

To not bring crappy foods into my home - keep them to that one meal a week.

To lose at least 2-3 Ibs.

Love the goals!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 20

Better than February! Yay!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 20

Better than February! Yay!

Improvement is all we can ask for!! Excellent : )
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Good job in March everyone!!! Awesome support too! Keep up the good work and I hope to see you all in April!:flowerforyou:

Link for the April Challenge is up now. See Link below:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943884-april-challenge-me-vs-the-binge