March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me: 20:drinker:

Binge: 6:angry:

I actually lost some weight this week..it's been a long binge cycle and I am only losing weight that I recently gained. Still, I am better off than I would be if I wasn't on here struggling with the Monster.

One of my big triggers is lack of sleep and I have been working really hard on that one. I think it makes a huge difference. I actually track my sleep in the check-in section on here so I can use the reports to see my progress. I'm tracking HOC - hours on the computer, too. One of the best features of this site is the fact that everything I do gets logged and I can go back and look at what I actually do. I tend to pretend it isn't that bad:laugh:
    Today makes 8 days binge free.

3/29/13
    I used to have great difficulty with sleeping when I had a very stressful job. I compounded it by staying up late so that I could binge after my husband went to bed. I have since changed jobs and live a simpler life. In addition, I've been training myself out of being a night owl. One of the perks of more sleep is that I wake up weighing less than the night before. I couldn't believe that I burned calories while sleeping. Now, if I am having trouble with my food, I go to bed early and I am able to get to sleep.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-29-13

Me: 21

Binge: 8 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15, 3/21, 3/25, 3/27)

Getting mentally prepared for Easter..need to make a plan of action so I don't get out of control.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 18.
    Binge - 11.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 23

Binge: 6

Rough night last night. Ate a bit extra, but couldn't find anything in the house to go wild with :)

11 days binge free:drinker:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    March 30th

Sarah: 20
    Binge: 10

It's 2:1 binge monster. I am kicking butt :bigsmile:
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 19
    Binge - 11
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 29

Me: 18
    Binge: 1
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 30th
    Me:30
    Binge:0
    So close to a binge free month!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
    Jack Dixon

March 2013:
    Mollie - 21
    The Binge - 8 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th, 29th)

Days did not log it all - 4 (10th, 14th, 17th, 25th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Can we do this for April!? I really missed out here!! :sad:
    We do this monthly! Hope to see you next month. The thread will be up soon!
  • toothwalker_
    toothwalker_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kim - 25
    Binge - 5
    (13th, 14th, 24th, 26th, 30th)
    Two of those days happened while I was on vacation in England, so I'm willing to forgive myself for that. Also, the 24th was my birthday so what the hell. Today was mostly due to being sick and having candy in the house. A devastating combination. Tomorrow is a holiday and all the stores are closed, so I should be good ^^
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Kate - 19.
    Binge - 11.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Me: 23

Binge: 6

Rough night last night. Ate a bit extra, but couldn't find anything in the house to go wild with :)

11 days binge free:drinker:

Well done!
  • SarahRea32
    Options
    Can we do this for April!? I really missed out here!! :sad:
    We do this monthly! Hope to see you next month. The thread will be up soon!

Awesome news!! Looking forward to a binge free April, I've made a pact with a girlfriend to stay accountable. Had my first really good day in a while yesterday and my binge bloat and weight is finally gone, so feeling really happy :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 18
    Binge: 11
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 30, 2013

Me: 24
    Binge: 6 (3/1,3/3, 3/7, 3/16, 3/28, 3/29)

Binge-free for: 1 day

Well I guess it is time for me to check in. I'm not sure why but Thursday just took me by surprise and I wanted to binge and couldn't fight it off. It was quite bad, I can only guess it was 5000 or more over my daily goal. Unfortunately, Thursday night while driving to a friends house in Jersey (I go to school in Philly) I got a flat tire, and had to get triple A come and put on my donut. However the worker told me I could only drive 20 miles with the tire so I would not make it back to Philly. With the time of night considered I could not go to a shop to get a new tire, so I called my boyfriend to pick me up and had to leave my car in Jersey. The next day I desperately needed a ride back to jersey so I could get my car to a shop and be able to get home for the holiday weekend. Well first, I asked my mother to get me and drive me to my car, and basically because it would be too late in the day, she wouldn't make it back home in time for the church's Good Friday service. I was so hurt that my mom cared more about a church service than helping out her own daughter so she could come home for Easter. Next I asked my 50-some sorority sisters if someone could give me a ride, and only 2 people replied, neither of which had a car and could take me. I felt so worthless. I have all these people in my life that are supposed to be there for me when I'm in need and everyone abandoned me. I think I was over emotional yesterday for some reason, but I cried a lot over the whole ordeal. So obviously, that led to day 2 of binging. Today I was able to turn it around, but tomorrow is Easter so that means delicious and calorie heavy meals and desserts. I wouldn't mind indulging a bit but since I messed up so hugely, I'm trying to make up for it. However, I don't see how it would be remotely possible for me to show a loss Monday morning when I weigh in, so once again, I am reminded of the stall that binging puts on my weight loss goals :(
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-30-13

Me: 22

Binge: 8 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15, 3/21, 3/25, 3/27)

Worried about the brunch buffet tomorrow for Easter. My goal is to just eat at brunch and then have a lot of water the rest of teh day. I can do this. I will do this.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    March 30th
    Me:30
    Binge:0
    So close to a binge free month!!

That is awesome!!!:drinker:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    March 30

Me: 19
    Binge: 1
  • SarahRea32
    Options
    kge0891 - :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you had such a traumatic couple of days. I guess the hardest thing is feeling like people don't have your back when you really need them. Maybe take comfort in the fact that it is Easter and most of these people probably had a lot of plans, and even if they may not seem that important to you (like your mums church service) they may mean a lot to the person involved. I would suggest that you voice your hurt to the people that matter most and let them know that you felt they weren't there for you. you may be surprised by how they respond. I've found some of my worst binges have been based on assumptions I've told myself that have been completely un-founded, and the person involved had no idea of the effect of what they said or did had on me. I have found that finding my voice is so therapeutic to me in this journey. Good luck with the Easter dinners. We're doing roast so "easy" to stay within goal for the day.

Look forward to posting a Sarah 21, Binge monster: 10 later today!