Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
25bc26fd533d715ecdc23e00f008112b.jpg

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about what workouts you have done in the past and about your current fitness goals and plans.

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sherry. I live in Athens, Greece, with my husband, my 8yo son, and 2yo daughter. I am a SAHM. I started MFP Dec 27, 2012. I have been in two really great support groups since starting MFP. January was 30 Day Shred and February was Ripped In 30. The support from those groups is what has kept me going! Besides completing 30DS and RI30, I try to do alot of walking.

My current goals include working up the nerve to start c25k. It's a long program and I want to make sure I'm totally committed before I begin. I am also interested in doing an abs program and a buns program before Summer. At the moment, I'm going to be checking out BeFit, Fitness Blender, BodyRocktv, Blogilates, and any other interesting youtube channels, to keep things fresh and interesting. I'm currently interested in having more flexibility in my workouts, but will eventually do another controlled program. In the meantime, I will be hitting the park to walk and/or run whenever possible, practicing push-ups at home, doing youtube workouts, doing workouts from the DVDs I already have, or just plain ole doing exercises/calisthenics at home.

My greatest goals are to make fitness a part of my daily life, to form the habits that will keep me fit for life, and to STICK WITH IT. :smile:
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Liz! I live in Winnie, Texas, with my husband, 7yo son, 4yo daughter, and 2yo son. I work part-time as a 911 dispatcher, but mainly SAHM now. I decided shortly after Thanksgiving 2012 to begin my weight loss and healthier living journey. I mainly practiced a healthier diet for Dec 2012 and began the new year with 30DS and Feb with RI30. I was in the same great groups as Sherry (who is awesome as a group leader, BTW!!! :smile:).

I plan on starting StrongLifts 5x5 and incorporating some kind of workout with cardio on my off days.

I am in this for the long haul and want to be fit instead of fat! The numbers on the scale aren't as important to me as the way my clothes fit and how I feel.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Toni I live in Fresno,Califorina. I am a wife and mother of 2 boys 18 and 14Years old. I am making changes to hopefully benefit everyone in my home. I love to cook ;( and then eat. I am making better choices now. I have been a part of MFP for some time but it wasn't until Nov. 2012 I decided to use it and join a group. It has changed and charged my movtivation. I have done both the 30DS as well as RI30. I am working to continue overall fitness with a goal of reducing my body fat from 32% To 22%.. I have learned that I have large muscle mass so the scale speaks slowly to me but I have been losing inches. My clothes fit way better some even baggy.

We can reach our goals..hang in there.
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group! I'm in a couple of others. I need all the support I can get.

I'm 39 years old. Mom to a onderful 12 year old (counting down to his 13th bday!). I live in Texas. I'm a single mom and I work full time. Getting workouts in is hard. I NEED accountability. I'm hoping a group like this will be just what I need to keep me on track.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    My names Cara and I live in Huntsville Tx. I"m 27 and I'm an engineer for an oil service company. I started getting focused on working out at the beginning of the year even though I've been a memeber of MFP for a couple years on and off. I work out every morning and I started with just doing the elliptical but now I do spinning on tues and thurs. I also just started C25K this week and made it through week one!
  • eeyore3kids
    Options
    Hi my name is Jenny and i live in WI. Im 37 and have 3 boys. I have been trying to lose weight for about a year now. It has been verry slow. I have most of the weigh in my hips and thighs. I started working out about 2 months ago non stop trying to hit 6 days a week. I have done 30 day shred and now i am doing ripped in 30 and butt bible lower. Im on week one of both. my gaol in to lose my hips and thighs and get down to 135--130.
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Dave and I live near St. Louis, MO. I'm in the Air Force and I've had my ups and downs with weight. I stopped smoking in January and decided to improve my diet and exercise to combat the potential weight gain. Also, summer is right around the corner so I'd like to look decent in swimwear.

I got my bodyfat tested via bodpod in August 2012 @ 208 lbs and 20.3% BF. I wasn't happy with that number, but I didn't do anything about it. I got my bodyfat retested at the start of January 2013 and was @ 228 lbs and 25.3% BF. +20 lbs/+5% bodyfat in that short amount of time was an eye opener. Eating healthy can be a challenge because cooking for one can be a bit boring.

I just finished my first month of kettlebell strength training and kettlebell HIIT 3x a week. I've started doing yoga also on tues/thurs to fill in and increase my flexibility. At the end of the day I don't care about my weight. I just want to look good, be healthly, and reduce my BF to 10-15%.
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. I'm Jody. I live near Kansas City, MO. I started MFP in January 2012 weighing in at 280 pounds and facing a pre-diabetic scare. My doctor told me I had to do something about my weight. I had much success in 2012: I started working out: elliptical, treadmill, fitness classes, even ran a few 5k's (and I had NEVER ran in my entire life!!). I went from a size 22 to a comfortable size 14.

Then, came the holiday's and winter months and my path has taken me through some personal bumps. However, this life is a journey and sometimes bumps come. I have gained roughly 8-10 pounds of the 60 that I lost over the course of last year. But....

....this is MARCH 1st. Its a new month - a fresh start!! There's no time like the present to get back into a routine and doing something for myself. So, here I am. Let's do this!
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi everyone! My names Sam, I'm 21 and live in Alberta, Canada. I'm a full time student and an ex-triathlete, I gave up racing when my school load increased and along with that so my did my weight. I joined this group for accountability so I can't keep blaming my problems on school work loads. I've begun running again and hope to run a 5 mile race and possible a half - marathon this summer and I can use all the support and motivation I can get!
  • WomanOnAMission2013
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am Nastasja from Marysville Ohio. I started my weightloss journey in Jan 2013. I did great for 3 weeks and lost 10 pounds. Sadly I fell off the wagon and the last week of Jan and havent managed to get myself back on.

CW - 179
    GW- between 125-145(whatever I feel comfortable with along the journey)

I have no weightloss support in real life. My fiance is amazing and does his best...but hes confused as to what support means and admits he feels bad saying things sometimes. Bless his heart!

Id love someone, a female, to text daily to keep me in check! PM me if youd be interested in being a buddy in this aspect. Ill also post daily :)

I got together a work schedule for me next week which includes 80 minutes a day, 5 days a week. The classes are Pilates, Yoga, Cycling, Bootcamp and Kickboxing.

Happy to be in the group!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...My name is Pamela and I'm 59yrs young...lol. I live in a small rural town of 300 called Burton, TX and love it! I'm basically "retired", married, three adult children and three grand sons with one more on the way this month.....there is more to me stated in my Blog on this site. This is the first group joined on myfitnesspal and I am a newbie using the myfitnesspal app, too. What caught my eye about this group was the title....one cannot have too many workout partners because support and encouragement is important for all on this health & fitness journey. I hope to be able to visit often to give and take from each of you.

I've finally developed a habit of exercising 5 days per week and write out my schedule monthly. It consists of cardio and strength training. Variety is the spice of life and also applies with exercise...lol. I have used P90X, Chalene Extreme, Slim In 6, Leslie Sansone and many other programs. I am a "workout at home" exerciser which works perfectly for me.

Thanks for letting me join.

Pamela
  • fighterdiva
    fighterdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My name is Kanita, and I would like to lose another 60lbs. I am back in the gym, and if I don't go to the gym, I workout at home. I am really into weight training, and recovering from a recent hysterectomy, and years of steroid therapy. So needless to say, I am working on a complete health overhaul.
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Tara, and i'm from Manitoba, Canada. I am a wife and mother to 2 children, ages 7 months and 5 years.. I work part time (mornings) as a school secretary. I am still on maternity leave, and will return to work just after my son turns 1 year old.
    I seemed to have put on a few extra pounds in my pregnancy, and would love to get back in shape! A few years ago, I was in pretty good shape just from doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shed. I found I was actually strong, and even had a bit of definition in my abs ( which I have NEVER had in my entire life). So am a bit sad that those abs are now hiding!!

I want to be a good example to my children and hopefully foster a healthy body image in my daughter. She made a comment the other day that she wouldn't want to be F-A-T. (And she spells it out like that too...as she thinks its a bad word). We do not use that word in our home, that's probably why she thinks its bad. But this concerned me. She said she always wants to stay skinny. So I tried to encourage, let's focus on being HEALTHY. Strong and healthy is what I hope she will aspire to, not skinny. Not having a bad body image like I had growing up. So... My mission is to not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk!
  • sam_the_wicked
    sam_the_wicked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    My name is Sam. I live in Spencer, Massachusetts. I have a great husband, awesome 6 year old son, and two dogs. I have yoyo'd with my weight for years and want to start living healthy everyday. I am trying to be more accountable with what I eat and exercise. I am using the Beck Diet Solution to help with cognitive behavior therapy to change the way I think about food/exercise/etc. I have also started taking pole fitness classes in addition to my normal routine of rock climbing, running, hiking, and zumba/dance. I love to change it up and try new things. Please friend me for support and I will support you as well :)

My current weight is 155 and I'm looking to get to a healthy and strong 130.
  • swimdancelove
    Options
    Hello! My name is Bailey and i live in the Kansas City Missouir area. I would like to improve my health. Im healthy but training for races is another level of healthy!
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Amy in Oregon. I'm a full time (plus) student in literature which means a lot of time tied to my computer.

I've been overweight my entire adult life and I've got my eye set on the Onederland Prize. I've been on MFP faithfully for 40 days with a 19lb loss and I'm looking to make an even greater commitment to fitness accountability.

I started the C25k and love it, but have to admit it's a little ambitious for me. I'm doing each week twice, so that skews the program a bit. I use the treadmill for it and always follow with 20 minutes of yoga to try to ward off injuries. I'm hoping to incorporate bike riding twice a week to protect my knees.

Best of luck to everyone in their journey!
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Michael. I live in Winston-Salem, NC. I work for American Tower based out of Boston, Mass. I climb cell towers for a living. I've been on MFP for a little over a year. I've been a gym rat for most of my life. I got a personal trainer certification years ago so I know a ton of techniques, what to eat, but i don't have any motivation lately. I think my main issue is that I overload my schedule, and make it impossible to stay motivated. The last time I felt like I do now is when I was in college, and working 50 plus hours a week as well. I'm currently suffering from depression. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Thanks for the invite (Fromhereonout) !!! I am a mother of 4 who decided in August before my 40th birthday in Dec I was tired of being Fat so I decided to do something about it!!! January I did the 30 day shred everyday.... February was a hard for me... Tired Ripped in 30 and didn't really like it...So I moved on to do my Elliptical and add my own sit ups and push ups for the Shred video... March I am going to try to do my elliptical and some of the shred video.... I love the support of all the groups on here!!!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Sam ( 3 of us in this group so far..wow..what a great name!) I am 24, married, and live in Oklahoma. I work full time as a speech-language pathologist in an elementary school. My highest weight (in high school) was around 160. In college,I lost 20lbs to 140. I attribute this loss to the fact that I didn't have a car, so I had to walk everywhere and I didn't have my mom's cooking! The last 10 lbs have gone up and down, but I'm now at 127. I would love to increase my muscle and reduce body fat %age. I have also become more conscious about where my food comes from and am taking steps to choose healthier options without giving up any 1 food group.

This is really the first time in my life that I have been a regular exerciser (outside of a few yoga classes now and then). I joined a group in February for RI30 and loved it. I will finish the program on Sunday. I also do daily fitness challenges in another group. I definitely do better with a plan! This month's plan (possibly to be tweaked):

Sunday: "Rest" day: Simple Yoga with yoga devotional (finding Jesus on the yoga mat) or 123 pilates
    Monday: Body By You + 6 week 6 pack
    Tuesday: C25K + Yoga Meltdown
    Wednesday: Body By You
    Thursday: C25K+ Yoga Meltdown
    Friday: Body by You + 6 week 6 pack
    Saturday: C25K+ Yoga Meltdown
  • ellazakay
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Liz. I am 23 and live in New York. I am a full time grad student for School Psychology and work two-part time jobs. I recently had knee surgery after dealing with chronic knee pain for 2 years. Since my knee injury, I have put on approx 15-20lbs, and am now at 140. I am very new to MyFitnessPal, just having started this past week. I am trying to incorporate more exercise into my diet (and cut down on the junk food). I am having a slow, but pleasantly pain-free start, trying to get back to my dancing roots, and get down to my dancing size. ;)

Due to my hectic schedule, I tend to put exercise on the back-burner, and I have to be highly motivated to do it. I feel that with a workout partner, I can get the nudge I need to take an hour to do something good for myself. I am trying to get back to being healthy and not such a couch potato.